Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 01:09 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf
They Are Preparing For Something Huge
Yes many of us believe this!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 07:11 AM

19,118 posts, read 25,313,763 times
To take a long-planned military exercise that has been well-publicized, and to combine it with the totally unrelated union-busting tactics of Wal-Mart really represents a new horizon in the field of wing-nut conspiracy theories.

This Washington Post article explains the military exercise which will take place in the Southwestern US, although it doesn't mention how right-wing nut cases have somehow conflated this military exercise with the imposition of martial law all across The US.

Why Operation Jade Helm 15 is freaking out the Internet — and why it shouldn’t be - The Washington Post

Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,926,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
What is so insane is that people seem to prefer to believe in FEMA camps (read: concentration camps) instead of the far more sinister fact that WalMart would prefer to lose millions in sales TO QUASH WAGE PROTESTS.

I mean, why is that not horrifying enough for people? Aliens, conspiracies- these things I understand. Human stupidity, and human greed, I will never.
So true. It's despicable.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:17 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
I see website after website with many articles and videos about Jade Helm. What has some people worried is supposedly, the Russian military has been invited to take part. Also, a lot of body bags had been ordered awhile ago. FEMA camps are supposed to be going up all over. The reason this is unbelievable is (Im sure this has been mentioned) the fact that they are training in what, only 6 states? Are they just going to go door to door and take people in those states? Even to do that, there would have to be so much more military in place. Word would get out quickly, and Americans would start shooting. No one is going to leave their homes to go with them. Besides, they recently had a poll for military personnel, asking if they would take American citizens guns away from them, and over 70% said No. I think that's a weird poll, but nice to know our military hasn't turned on us!

Old 04-23-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
What has some people worried is supposedly, the Russian military has been invited to take part.
I wonder if anyone can post a link to a CREDIBLE website that mentions Russian participation in a military exercise that will take place w/in the US. Obviously, they can't.

Here is what snopes.com has to say about part of the wing-nut conspiracy theory. This article--from about 1 month ago--doesn't mention the particularly bizarre--and unconnected--detail about Wal-Mart's closure of several stores that is allegedly involved with an imposition of Martial Law in the entire nation:

Is the Jade Helm Exercise a Rehearsal for FEMA Camp Incarcerations?

If you will all excuse me now, I am going to purchase more shares of Reynolds Aluminum stock.
With the sudden demand for aluminum foil hats, this stock is sure to skyrocket in the very near future.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:23 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
They already have a bad rep for treating frontline employees like dirt and having some of the worst customer service around, why would they want to flaunt something that would just add to the negative opinion many people have already?
"Walmart- still trampling the little people"
There are plenty of people in this country who have no love lost for unions.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I wonder if anyone can post a link to a CREDIBLE website that mentions Russian participation in a military exercise that will take place w/in the US. Obviously, they can't.

Here is what snopes.com has to say about part of the wing-nut conspiracy theory. This article--from about 1 month ago--doesn't mention the particularly bizarre--and unconnected--detail about Wal-Mart's closure of several stores that is allegedly involved with an imposition of Martial Law in the entire nation:

Is the Jade Helm Exercise a Rehearsal for FEMA Camp Incarcerations?

If you will all excuse me now, I am going to purchase more shares of Reynolds Aluminum stock.
With the sudden demand for aluminum foil hats, this stock is sure to skyrocket in the very near future.

Well in the morning I'm headed to my local Walmart to buy up all their aluminum foil to outfit my family and all our friends with hats. It might take me a while as I will have to stop and remove those little blue reflectors in the road so the UN will never find me!

Old 04-23-2015, 09:09 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,332,139 times

Old 04-24-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Well in the morning I'm headed to my local Walmart to buy up all their aluminum foil to outfit my family and all our friends with hats. It might take me a while as I will have to stop and remove those little blue reflectors in the road so the UN will never find me!
Those are definitely two good precautions to follow because, as any good red-blooded American conspiracy theorist knows...
They're coming to get us!

Last edited by Retriever; 04-24-2015 at 08:39 AM..

Old 04-24-2015, 08:38 AM

The Most Interesting Man in the World says...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events