Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 10:16 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,415,401 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty outspoken about the police brutality issue and my belief that cops need to be reined in, but I have no problem with this. The dude had fired a gun in a public place, was still armed and had already proven that he was happy to commit violence.

This is SO different from all of these other cases where unarmed people were gunned down, choked to death, tasered to death, etc. for just resisting arrest (and I'd posit that's human nature - one's first instinct is to avoid being restrained) or ignoring the cops. If the officer had a clear path to this guy and he could get him without risking a gun battle in a populated area, I'm good with it. Stray bullets could easily have killed an innocent bystander, and the dude had plenty of chance to back out of his rampage.

This is NOTHING like any of the other deaths that have been covered in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 11:17 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,314,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
LiveLeak.com - Marana police video shows cruiser ram crime spree suspect

No matter what the guy did this just isn't right. A patrol car runs over a shooting suspect at better than 30mph (in my estimation). It is no better than shooting someone.
Works for me..... a perp firing a gun endangering people, what were the police supposed to do? Put themselves in danger to take him differently?

Old 04-15-2015, 11:18 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
NBC showed him firing the gun as he was walking. He looked dangerous to me. I wouldn't want to approach him. Though it did seem . . unusual. . better this guy get hit by a car (he survived) then some innocent kid getting killed.

Every case is different.
This is the issue in many of these police bruatlity cases. Sometimes there is a precieved threat in one case officer of the law but the same case it may not be from a different officer.

Tazering you can't tell if the person will have heart issues from it nor if someone has known heart issues.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,620,984 times
Safelight repair, safelight replace!
THAT'S gonna leave a mark....

Old 04-15-2015, 11:34 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,272,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yeah, that is their "out" to cover them from having deliberately editing out the gun firing because it simply does not fit their anti-gun, anti-cop narrative. They have no credibility.

I'm sure the people who live in that neighborhood, especially the ones with kids, are quite happy the police took out that idiot.
Nope. The local CBS affiliate showed the entire video, including the dude holding the gun to his chin and firing a shot into the air.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:39 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,272,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Put themselves in danger to take him differently?
Is that not a part of their job description? If the police did not have to put themselves in danger than there would be no need for the police, no? I have yet to meet a LEO who did not understand that even the most mundane traffic stop is potentially a life threatening situation.

Doesn't matter. By tomorrow this story will have been long forgotten.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:40 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,620,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
One more bad guy off the street.
Or PART OF the street...

Old 04-15-2015, 12:06 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,457,678 times
Quote:

No matter what the guy did this just isn't right. A patrol car runs over a shooting suspect at better than 30mph (in my estimation). It is no better than shooting someone.
He was carrying a rifle and discharged it into the air. The cop should have backed over him for good measure.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:28 PM

774 posts, read 748,001 times
Quote:

Actually, it was MUCH better than shooting him. This way the police officer who had already been fired at was more protected than he would have been out in the open. Only thing wrong with this is that the big thug didn't die. At least Mikey got pumped full of lead like he deserved.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:43 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,963,373 times
The only other ending is the guy being cornered by police, he points the gun at them, he gets shot and dies. Then his family can go on TV and state what a great guy he was and why police are evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events