Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times

Advertisements

Is this the product of a lack of effort on the parents' part or just not knowing any different? I get that raising a kid can be hard since there is no manual that comes with a baby. I also understand how it is easy to sometimes throw your hands up and say screw it when things gets tough. But what is the root cause allowing a parent to let a kid continue this kind of behavior?

This kid doesn't realize what he is setting himself up for in the future. Apparently someone taught him this behavior is acceptable. How do we as a society teach these kids that this is not acceptable on any level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 07:58 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
The parents should at least be investigated for letting that child play with guns. It is sad he has such a low self esteem that he feels he needs to pose. It reeks of desperation. Poor kid, hopefully a strong, well adjusted adult will step up and give him guidance and a positive example to follow.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How is this different from a bunch of suburban kids playing cowboys and Indians with cap guns?
Such a fatuous statement speaks for itself.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
That is about the dumbest thing ever said. As if it is all about race.
Sorry if the truth hurts. Leftists excuse such depravity as "authentic blackness".

Old 04-20-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
Don, I hate to break it to you. I really do. But this same thing happened to me when I was in the public housing section of our city.

But it was involving... I know, bare with me... WHITE PEOPLE!

They were cussing, dealing drugs in a parked car, and even using that very same word! I know, I know. We'll get through it together.
There wasn't any "civil rights" or "social justice" (sic) cottage industry excusing *them*, now was there? No, there wasn't.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,891,632 times
Why pixilate faces in photos that are already on Twitter?

Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh I get it! I get it! Its because he's black right? OMG SO clever! FTW

Sorry if the truth hurts. You leftists created a cottage industry of cop-outs for criminals.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
"But he was such a good Boy who would never hurt nobody. He was getting his life straight and going to college next year".

From his momma after they find him dead in the street.
Bingo. And Jesse Jackson will use him to shakedown local business, or the property owners.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:45 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
When we lived in a predominantly black apartment complex for 3 years, as a requirement of our employment, I saw lots of cases where young black kids were doing things kids should never be doing. One day a couple of very young kids (about 4 or 5 years old) walked by me and they were using the F word and N word as if it was them saying hello.

This is the next generation that we are all going to have to live with, and it ain't gonna be pretty !

Don
Fortunately(?), the same thing has been going on for a few decades now. Ask people who use to live in bad neighborhoods decades ago. I can tell that that's been going on forever now.

Mick

Old 04-20-2015, 08:48 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Possibly there are those who think that Memphis is a normal city, filled with normal people. That may have been the case, back in the Fifties. That was THEN. This is NOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVM7mNaxiYc

I've been hearing stories from people who live there (or in adjacent Germantown) for the past thirty years. By Memphis standards, that kid is just a normal little boy, doing what little boys that age do. Here's one of the NICER gatherings a kid like that would have been to. These would be his role models: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYtgH7anjY

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 04-20-2015 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events