Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:10 AM

756 posts, read 833,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That kid needs to pull his pants up. They are so far that I thought he had very short legs!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 AM

16,573 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Possibly there are those who think that Memphis is a normal city, filled with normal people. That may have been the case, back in the Fifties. That was THEN. This is NOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVM7mNaxiYc

I've been hearing stories from people who live there (or in adjacent Germantown) for the past thirty years. By Memphis standards, that kid is just a normal little boy, doing what little boys that age do. Here's one of the NICER gatherings a kid like that would have been to. These would be his role models:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYtgH7anjY
Both videos are bad, and in that last video you see a phenomenon which I really don't understand at the 9:20 mark.
There is a guy who gets knocked out, is laying on the ground unconscious, yet people just walk by with not a single soul looking to render aid. This seems to be happening more and more in the black community, and I don't understand why
It is not as if there are no good/decent people around with that many of them. So why this happens is beyond me. It is almost like there is no empathy or instinct to assist a helpless person.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:00 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How is this different from a bunch of suburban kids playing cowboys and Indians with cap guns?
Is there something wrong with you?

There must be, if you don't know the difference.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:26 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We managed the property and had to live on premises. Did that for 3 years and it was an experience I will never do again. Both of my grown Sons were taught by their Mom that all people are created equal, and when I used to say something negative about blacks they would say "Dad, they are people just like us !" They were also in property management and after their tenure of living among them they no longer say that, and are almost as negative about blacks as I am.

Awww, you must be so proud.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:31 AM

520 posts, read 775,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh I get it! I get it! Its because he's black right? OMG SO clever! FTW

Ok, because the original comment made me laugh, I feel the need to explain again for those who didn't bother to read or understand the poster's explanation of this comment.

After Trayvon Martin was killed, President Obama said, "if I had a son, he would probably look like Trayvon Martin."

I don't know how anyone could have seen that statement as anything but blatantly racial and controversial. Let's suppose I'm the President. I'm a blue eyed, light featured white guy. There is a racially charged case where a black man kills an Aryan looking white kid under questionable circumstances. Would it be a good idea for me to say, "if I had a son, he would probably look like the little Aryan white boy who was killed by a black man under questionable circumstances?" What do you think?

This was not the first or only time that Obama waded into unnecessary waters in a racially charged case. Look up, "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly."

For that reason, it was pretty witty for someone to make the comment about this kid looking like the son Obama never had. The poster wasn't being racist, he/she was playing on the President own words.

By the time the Obama comment was made, the PC Police had already arrived in this thread and started comparing this kid to (white kids?) playing cowboys and Indians and the like, making the comment all that much more appropriate and funny.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:32 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
One thing I'm noticing in these videos is that the police are not responding...I'm hoping that this is a trending phenomenon.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:35 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Is there something wrong with you?

There must be, if you don't know the difference.

He is just being silly!

These little punks will either die in a few years or go to prison. They have no future. I'm sure their parents are their role models which means they are either in prison/dead or somewhere in between.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:52 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Both videos are bad, and in that last video you see a phenomenon which I really don't understand at the 9:20 mark.
There is a guy who gets knocked out, is laying on the ground unconscious, yet people just walk by with not a single soul looking to render aid. This seems to be happening more and more in the black community, and I don't understand why
It is not as if there are no good/decent people around with that many of them. So why this happens is beyond me. It is almost like there is no empathy or instinct to assist a helpless person.
This is underclass behavior. Another question is this. Where are the non-underclass Blacks at? No where to be found. Such Blacks would not want to be around that element.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
AGAIN like usual is anyone REALLY surprised here???

Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestRedux View Post
Ok, because the original comment made me laugh, I feel the need to explain again for those who didn't bother to read or understand the poster's explanation of this comment.

After Trayvon Martin was killed, President Obama said, "if I had a son, he would probably look like Trayvon Martin."

I don't know how anyone could have seen that statement as anything but blatantly racial and controversial. Let's suppose I'm the President. I'm a blue eyed, light featured white guy. There is a racially charged case where a black man kills an Aryan looking white kid under questionable circumstances. Would it be a good idea for me to say, "if I had a son, he would probably look like the little Aryan white boy who was killed by a black man under questionable circumstances?" What do you think?

This was not the first or only time that Obama waded into unnecessary waters in a racially charged case. Look up, "the Cambridge Police acted stupidly."

For that reason, it was pretty witty for someone to make the comment about this kid looking like the son Obama never had. The poster wasn't being racist, he/she was playing on the President own words.

By the time the Obama comment was made, the PC Police had already arrived in this thread and started comparing this kid to (white kids?) playing cowboys and Indians and the like, making the comment all that much more appropriate and funny.
Yes, I'll agree with that. Our president is trying too hard to put race into everything. He should be trying to improve race relations, not make them worse. A man in his position could have went to Ferguson and made a speech about protesting appropriately rather than looting stores, turning over police cars and setting buildings on fire, for example, but he didn't. That's because it seems to me that our president likes the racial tensions that are going on in your country nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events