Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:11 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
That is about the dumbest thing ever said. As if it is all about race.
Oh I get it! I get it! Its because he's black right? OMG SO clever! FTW

Obama was the one who said that Trayvon Martin could have been his son. Hopefully that view changes if people learn about Trayvon's likely school records and rap sheet(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwtm View Post
That is about the dumbest thing ever said. As if it is all about race.
Sorry if the truth hurts. Leftists excuse such depravity as "authentic blackness".
Or by black kids who lace into their classmates who are striving to learn and study for "acting white." See definition of "acting white" (link):
a term used with black people to call this person a sell-out. Bascially if you listen to any song not made by a black person, use the word "like" in a sentence more than once, and things even as good as getting good grades.

Last edited by jbgusa; 04-20-2015 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:27 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Holy ****.

I knew exactly what he meant. I'll be polite and say I think his statement was totally out of left field, uncalled for and completely out of place.
Your post certainly didn't sound that way when you threw in race being the reason for my comment. That comment will never be out of place after Obama injected himself into yet another local issue because of the racial component.
Just like with Holder and "his people", you have those two stirring up racial animus the likes I've not seen for decades.
So for future reference, "acted stupidly" - "if I had a son" or "my people" seem out of left field, you will now know in advance what it is in reference to.
If you think those comments are uncalled for, then make sure to write Obama & Holder and tell them so!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
If you think those comments are uncalled for, then make sure to write Obama & Holder and tell them so!
I had hoped Obama would use his bully pulpit to convince the black underclass of the self-defeating nature of dropping out, drug use, pregnancy and resisting law enforcement. Unfortunately he has stirred the pot instead.

i genuinely think he is a traitor.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:05 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
What truth?
The truth that you leftists created a cottage industry of cop-outs for criminals. And you know it.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:06 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I had hoped Obama would use his bully pulpit to convince the black underclass of the self-defeating nature of dropping out, drug use, pregnancy and resisting law enforcement. Unfortunately he has stirred the pot instead.

Anything to push more statist Marxism. Audacity, audacity, always more audacity.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:48 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

Obama: "Brothers Should Pull Up Their Pants" - CBS News
Direct from the article:
Quote:
"Do feel like people should be penalized?" Sway asked.

"Here is my attitude: I think people passing a law against people wearing sagging pants is a waste of time," Obama responded. "We should be focused on creating jobs, improving our schools, health care, dealing with the war in Iraq, and anybody, any public official, that is worrying about sagging pants probably needs to spend some time focusing on real problems out there. Having said that, brothers should pull up their pants."

He continued: "You are walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come on. There are some issues that we face, that you don't have to pass a law, but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other people and, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear — I'm one of them."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/16/us...bama.html?_r=0

Quote:
“Too many fathers are M.I.A, too many fathers are AWOL, missing from too many lives and too many homes,” Mr. Obama said, to a chorus of approving murmurs from the audience. “They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.”
Thing is this. Underclass types, the hood rat types, they aren't going to listen to anyone who is talking common sense. At this point, the best that decent Blacks can do is separate themselves from hood rats.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:28 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
The truth that you leftists created a cottage industry of cop-outs for criminals. And you know it.

"Cottage industry"? Makes even less sense.

Don't bother trying to explain. I'm not interested in the dialogue I'm sure would follow.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
After this little thug gets gunned down by police some day, the news will show him in a photo wearing a cap and gown from middle school and a bright innocent smile on his face. His mom will cry to the cameras demanding justice, there will be candle-light vigils for the poor "teen" who was murdered by the evil police.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
After this little thug gets gunned down by police some day, the news will show him in a photo wearing a cap and gown from middle school and a bright innocent smile on his face. His mom will cry to the cameras demanding justice, there will be candle-light vigils for the poor "teen" who was murdered by the evil police.
He's not a thug; he's a liberation fighter.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:04 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Where's Waldo? Race baiting again I see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events