Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 12:46 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You're missing the point. This is much bigger then vaccines. It's about government mandating what people do with their bodies.
Its forced medication on the masses.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:04 AM

1,156 posts, read 940,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I don't have a dog in the fight since I am an old guy with no kids. However I think childhood vaccinations should be left strictly to the parents. I think vaccinations are important and if schools want to provide low cost vaccination programs that is fine but these vaccinations should NOT be mandatory. Who will suffer if the schools back off? Not the kids that have been vaccinated (unless it really is a fascist conspiracy).
Vaccines are not 100% effective, increasing the number of unvaccinated people will increase the exposure to everyone. Plus there are those that for legitimate medial reasons cannot be vaccinated. Not mention infants before they are vaccinated (and after maternal resistance has worn off). Public health is just that public, its one of the reasons we have a government to promote the public interest.

I can't believe people are willing to allow diseases that terrorized parents and were virtually eliminated to gain a foothold once again.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:39 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
In honor of the celebrity endorsements that drive the anti-vax movement - here's a short one from Penn and Teller:

http://youtu.be/RfdZTZQvuCo

Old 07-03-2015, 07:04 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times
I've spent a good deal of time among Asperger's adults, most with IQ's well above my own. I have read this thread with a big grin, recalling their many discussions and arguments on this topic. This particular debate will never be over until there is conclusive evidence. And don't forget, you also have the debate on the "degree" of autism. Are the many objections to vaccines a fear of profound autism? Or are we lumping in AS as a result? AS adults I have met are insulted by Autism Speaks and their spokesperson, only from the point of view that they like who they are, and, they view this organization as a movement to eradicate their existence (sound familiar?). A bit extreme, but the most expedient to convey how some feel. Poll Asperger's adults on their views regarding vaccines and most, I believe, support Mr Brown. They tend to see the science behind vaccines and the value of extinguishing polio, MMR and the likes.

Personally, I support the vaccine mandate. This country has always been about what is better for the majority of the population, whether it be by vote or those we put in office.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:08 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Aspergers is not even in the latest version of the DSM.

It just means you are smart and rude. An often delightful combination.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
Jim Carrey does a good job of being Jim Carrey. He should leave it at that. He can believe any damn thing he wants about vaccination. That does not make his ideas real.

Vaccination works only if almost all of the potential victims are vaccinated. Considering the disaster of an epidemic in the student population mandatory vaccination is justified. In this situation the government can and should force compliance with common sense.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:20 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,910,099 times
Quote:
Aspergers is not even in the latest version of the DSM.

It just means you are smart and rude. An often delightful combination.
Rate this post positively

If so, it was more economical to leave it out. You don't really believe 1 in 68 births are born with profound autism?

Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
I'm just gonna bounce in here w/ my take....
I bet that only a few of you even read what he said

Here's a few excerpts......

I am not anti-vaccine. I am anti-thimerosal, anti-mercury. They have taken some of the mercury laden thimerosal out of vaccines. NOT ALL!

The CDC can't solve a problem they helped start. It's too risky to admit they have been wrong about mercury/thimerasol. They are corrupt

I am PRO-VACCINE/ANTI-NEUROTOXIN, Get that straight

Now onto the masses attacking the voice of reason-
And yes, surprisingly this time it is Jim Carrey

Btw, on the actual link it says California is forcing this vaccination program on people,
& if they object they can homeschool........

Score for homeschoolers!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 AM

10,226 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its forced medication on the masses.
Yes, that is my objection also. Not so much the science. Plus, if they can mandate vaccinations (medical treatment) on society for the greater good, it opens the door for other mandatory medical treatments for the greater good of society.

"If we can prevent ONE DEATH" mindset. Medical professionals think that is their duty, but if a adult's death can be prevented with chemo, should that be mandated too?

No choice.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:32 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It is in the California constituion:
https://oag.ca.gov/publications/CRhandbook/ch6

Homeschool is not a real "option" for many kids. This is like saying if you don't want to be searched by the police then you have the option of staying in your house all the time. It infringes on your rights and it is no real option, just extortion.
Children who are immuno-compromised also have the right to public school education. That right is being taken away when 20, 30, even 40 or 50% of their classmates are not vaccinated.

If you value exposing your children (and other children who have no choice in the matter) to preventable illness, then you can figure out how to make homeschooling an option for your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events