Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,762,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
Valid point. I don't think any of this has anything to do with Freddie Gray. It's simply an excuse for them to act like a bunch of thugs.
Indeed, as if those rioters actually give a crap about Freddie Gray's death. It's clear that they just wanted an excuse to loot stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 03:52 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,017,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe today the mayor will change her mind and send the police in ?
One would think that the mayor would have said something by now, but no she hasn't said a word and people have tried to contact her. I mean this is on all news stations nationwide

Old 04-27-2015, 03:53 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
It's no at all surprising that people who feel they've been treated unfairly by the system engage in protest. Nor is it surprising that a portion of those protesters will resort to looting and violence.
It's part of the human condition. There is little value in complaining about any such events unless we are also willing to address the underlying social and political causes.
Those people had very real concerns to protest about unlike the over entitled, overly coddled "teens" in baltimore. Get back to us when the tanks show up.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:53 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,513,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Another day, another riot.
Just another typical day in America folks.
Uhhhh....no.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, I guess you're right. Funny comment just on, the cops were loading up into vans and informed the reporter that they felt it was "safe" enough to roll out and do THEIR JOB by going to the looters location. He then went on to say they've been in a "defensive" position until just now.
Who's the ones with armored cars,guns,pepper spray,bean bag guns etc. etc. etc????
All that doesn't matter when the Mayor said they can do it. This is Ferguson all over again. When police responded to that when it first started and everyone complained that they were heavy handed and looked all military. They are damned either way

Old 04-27-2015, 03:55 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times
Maybe Obama should go to Baltimore and tell his "jokes" there.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:56 PM

233 posts, read 535,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
What happened to peaceful protesting? This is turning really ugly really fast.

These aren't protesters. These are future residents of our correctional facilities. Maybe not today, but one day soon. This is just an excuse for these teens to loot some cigs, 40oz's and break things. Unfortunately, my taxes will pay for new police equipment and 3 meals a day when they're behind bars.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:57 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,340,467 times
I certainly do not condone violence and I suspect that more good cops get hurt in these incidents than the a holes who create the environment that spark these outbreaks but I wonder how many of those who condemn these acts are also the same people who applauded armed yahoos who threatened to use deadly force in defense of Cliven Bundy or those who openly discuss using arms to end the governments tyranny over comparably trivial issues like Obamacare or some such?

Old 04-27-2015, 03:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,181,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
Valid point. I don't think any of this has anything to do with Freddie Gray. It's simply an excuse for them to act like a bunch of thugs.
This is an accepted part of their culture. Where is the National Guard??? Did the country not learn anything from Ferguson? Why is the governor allowing this to happen? I guess it is payback for voting "democrat".

Old 04-27-2015, 03:59 PM

Governor said it is not serious enough to call out National Guard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events