Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 11:21 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times

Advertisements

That kid is very fortunate that he has a mom who truly loves him and cares about his well being. Hopefully, he will learn from the incidence and move onto better things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
That kid is very fortunate that he has a mom who truly loves him and cares about his well being. Hopefully, he will learn from the incidence and move onto better things.

1000% agree. I hope he grows up to be a PRODUCTIVE member of society...

Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Well, now we know why the kid thought it was okay to take part in violence in the first place.

And the family cycle of violence wheel spins on affecting all of us.
oh geezus. I never spanked my kids but I remember when one of them was 15 and cut school, I drove all over until I found him - in the bowling alley smoking with his pals. I physically drug him out of there calling him every name I could think of and embarrassed the crap out him, had he resisted me or pulled away from me I would have smacked him silly, and that would not have been because I'm 'violent' I am far from it, but it is because I love my son. BTW, he never cut school again and for 6 months after that I drove him to school and walked him to his 1st period class just to make sure he understood that I was serious.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:59 AM

1,400 posts, read 765,282 times
I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes. She should have been arrested for child abuse or assault. If that's what she does to him in public, I cannot imagine the horrors that child has seen at home. If he is a "delinquent", she's probably the reason.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:02 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes. She should have been arrested for child abuse or assault. If that's what she does to him in public, I cannot imagine the horrors that child has seen at home. If he is a "delinquent", she's probably the reason.
that's leftist ideology for you

Old 04-28-2015, 12:17 PM

5,169 posts, read 4,941,748 times
I don't think anyone can honestly say he was physically abused by his mom. What she did do was humiliate him in front of his peers. I'm sure that hurt him much more than any of those swats he got from mom. Kudos to her for standing up for what's right. Hopefully he'll learn something from it and correct his course and steer towards a law abiding, productive member of society.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:19 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
In this case, she may have very well saved his life or at the very least kept him from being arrested. But I do have some issues with this.

1. Too many parents (and adults in general) use excessive violence to discipline kids. I wonder if she treated him like this often growing up. Violence begets violence!

2. There is definitely a double standard in society. Had this been his father, both would have probably ended up arrested.

I hope the kid learned a well deserved lesson.
Or rather, you save the "big guns" for something that might get junior killed. You don't spank your kid for knocking over a glass of juice. You spank your kid if they run into the road.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:21 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
that's leftist ideology for you
I know, I get so confuse. Is "free range" parenting bad? Or is "hands on" parenting bad?

Old 04-28-2015, 12:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post

She did the right thing, even saved his life.

She could have stayed where she was and allowed her son to continue on with the violent destruction and acts of violence.

I'd have done the same thing if I got word my son was there.

I also bet not one person in authority would see this as an assault or child abuse in that situation.

If she does this regularly, then I'd agree but not in that very dangerous situation he placed himself in.

Again, Kudos to this mom..

Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
Sure, "go mom." However, the reality is a couple swats from your mom doesn't really change anyone's behavior. It just makes you realize it's easy to take a few whacks now and then. That is why corporal punishment doesn't really work.
It made me think twice before I committed a wrong.............Sometimes that makes ALL the difference in your life......Its like anything else,for some people it works and for some it doesn't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events