Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:50 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorlisa1 View Post
If it was not for the fact that it was a riot you better believe she would have been locked up for child abuse.
She did not "beat" him. She did not hit him hard enough to hurt him. That was an attention-getter, not a "beating".

Baltimore mom who smacked son during riots: "I don't want him to be a Freddie Gray" - CBS News

Same mom, last summer:

Baltimore police are concerned with the pace of crime. - ABC2News.com

Kind of explains where she is coming from, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Single mother with 6 children and no obvious means to support them. Should be clear enough what she has been up to. Obviously, "put a glove on it" means nothing to this woman.

At this point, slapping her thug son in the head for rioting is too little too late.
You know this how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:58 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You know this how?
She said so on the national news. 15 minutes of fame time. Let's see if the MSM parades her on every morning talk show.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:01 AM

Quote:
She said so on the national news.
She is a single mother of six, but I have seen nothing about how she supports them.

I hope she has him out there helping to clean up the mess tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:05 AM

Quote:
She is a single mother of six, but I have seen nothing about how she supports them. I hope she has him out there helping to clean up the mess tomorrow.
Ahh. So she will be out there cleaning up instead of working a job to support those 6 children. Seems that you have already made up your mind on this too. (you just aren't willing to say it)

Old 04-29-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Ahh. So she will be out there cleaning up instead of working a job to support those 6 children. Seems that you have already made up your mind on this too. (you just aren't willing to say it)

I don't know whether she has a job or not. That's my point. Do you know for certain that she does not work?

Old 04-29-2015, 02:14 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,028 times
I dunno folks, black mothers are famous for not sparing the rod. When I've lived near ghetto blacks, it was common for a black family to go down the sidewalk with a big fat momma constantly slapping, cuffing, and yelling at the kids.

I don't know if this particular woman does it all the time or just for special occasions as my father did ...... I think that's an important point, if kids are constantly getting hit they just ignore it after a while, or think of it as love taps. If it only happens rarely and after a warning, then it's much more powerful and can be truly corrective.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
I don't know whether she has a job or not. That's my point. Do you know for certain that she does not work?
Those are your words and your point is to attempt to discredit my opinion on the matter. That part is clear. I said "no obvious means of supporting 6 kids", a daunting task even for a married middle class couple with well paying jobs.

However I looked it up. Took 2 minutes. She states that she is an assistant manager at a recovery center. I will give her credit for saying the right things, that certainly is more than most, but I'll also note that nobody is asking where is the boy's Dad and why isn't he involved.

I stand by what I've said.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Those are your words and your point is to attempt to discredit my opinion on the matter. That part is clear. I said "no obvious means of supporting 6 kids", a daunting task even for a married middle class couple with well paying jobs.

However I looked it up. Took 2 minutes. She states that she is an assistant manager at a recovery center. I will give her credit for saying the right things, that certainly is more than most, but I'll also note that nobody is asking where is the boy's Dad and why isn't he involved.

I stand by what I've said.
You are welcome to your opinion. I just said that I had seen nothing to indicate whether she was employed or not. I also do not know whether she has ever been married, widowed, or divorced or whether her six children have one father or six.

I do not know whether there is extended family to help her or not.

Shall we not make assumptions about the boy's father until someone tells us where he is?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:12 AM

23,538 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
She did not "beat" him. She did not hit him hard enough to hurt him. That was an attention-getter, not a "beating".

Baltimore mom who smacked son during riots: "I don't want him to be a Freddie Gray" - CBS News

Same mom, last summer:

Baltimore police are concerned with the pace of crime. - ABC2News.com

Kind of explains where she is coming from, don't you think?

You know this how?
I agree. She did three 'open handed' slaps to the head, and, her son was wearing a knit cap that probably cushioned the slaps. Later as he was walking ahead of her she was trying to get his attention and did two open handed slaps on the backpack he had on his back.
Several open hand slaps on a covered body part and people are freaking about about abuse
It's not like she'd done something like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsDbhbdSqio

Last edited by berdee; 04-29-2015 at 03:24 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 03:44 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident
It is truly a sight to see. If only more parents were like this. The streets would now be clear. Granted, some loony bins will call what the mother is doing here "child abuse," but I call it taking responsibility.
The mother is a typical SHEEPLE and is happy with letting ppl walk all over her.... HER SON IS NOT....... I wonder if he will press charges against her??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events