Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:15 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Police officer was bitten twice as dog came through open window.. he shot the dog four times striking him twice... he went to 622 instead of 621... no one answered and he went around the back finding a gate open and window open.. as he looked in dog jumped and bit him

Dog did what he was supposed to do

Officer went to wrong address by one number... it does happen

Accident.. and will happen again when humans are involved.. sad for all.. accidents are just that... no criminal intent and as such in this case not a crime.. doesnt universally apply to accidents but here it does because of totality of circumstances. You as a citizen wouldnt be coming to someones home to take a burglary report... and wouldnt have the duty to investigate...

If a citizen shot an aggressive dog in a public place in my county they would be within their rights

No evil intent

Sue the department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 03:35 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Oh my, just saw this family on the news, burying their beloved pet.

She seemed inconsolable.

A member of her family was killed.

What a gorgeous German Shepard he was.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Time to riot!

In all seriousness, I'd hope those poor pet owners file suit and win big time if it's proven the cops blew it.
My GSD is a member of my family, I'd be looking for some justice if she were shot in error...

Old 04-30-2015, 04:34 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,027,344 times
Quote:
Police officer was bitten twice as dog came through open window.. he shot the dog four times striking him twice... he went to 622 instead of 621... no one answered and he went around the back finding a gate open and window open.. as he looked in dog jumped and bit him

Dog did what he was supposed to do

Officer went to wrong address by one number... it does happen
That is the type of moronic mistake that could have gotten an innocent person killed instead of a dog. But what do you care? You win some you kill some. It's no big deal.

It's really asking too much that when you go on to a property with your gun drawn, that you verify the address, isn't it?

Unfortunately this cop had an IQ lower then the tree that the house number was clearly posted on.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:07 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
That is the type of moronic mistake that could have gotten an innocent person killed instead of a dog. But what do you care? You win some you kill some. It's no big deal.

It's really asking too much that when you go on to a property with your gun drawn, that you verify the address, isn't it?

Unfortunately this cop had an IQ lower then the tree that the house number was clearly posted on.
I love it how you make up facts as you go along to fit your narrative.. you have NO IDEA what the policeman saw walking up the driveway.. we ont have the police report do we.. we have a one sided article..

Police officer went to front door

No one answered.. went around side found gate then window open.. drew his weapon... dog came out window and bit him twice... horrible mistake...

We dont get paid to get bit by dogs.. mistakes or not

Now... have you ever made an error in your life that resulted in a negative consequence for another human being?... had an accident.. perhaps dui MJ? or DUI drugs?... maybe injured another human being by mistake.. ever>? and if your answer is no... maybe you want to think back a bit.. know what I mean?

Ill await that answer....

Department should compensate for dog without question.... compensation based upon worth of dog.. as dog.. and not family member.. that is not compensated.. unless they want to sue.. and perhaps in this sue happy world a jury might give them more.. but .. not likely...

Old 04-30-2015, 05:12 PM

1,077 posts, read 872,006 times
Wyckoff Cop Investigating Break-In Goes To Wrong House, Shoots, Kills Dog

by CBS-Newyork 2:14 mins

A police officer investigating a report of a burglary in New Jersey went to the wrong address and killed a dog that lunged at him. CBS2's Andrea Grymes reports.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/wyckoff-...171200539.html

Video at link, what a gorgeous German Shepherd.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:16 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
You obviously have no idea how much I care about my dogs. I would not even think twice about killing the scumbag that harmed them.
Please stop with the silly talk. I get that people have a love for their animals. Taking it to another level like you are saying is something else.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:22 PM

5,790 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
I love it how you make up facts as you go along to fit your narrative.. you have NO IDEA what the policeman saw walking up the driveway.. we ont have the police report do we.. we have a one sided article..

Police officer went to front door

No one answered.. went around side found gate then window open.. drew his weapon... dog came out window and bit him twice... horrible mistake...

We dont get paid to get bit by dogs.. mistakes or not

Now... have you ever made an error in your life that resulted in a negative consequence for another human being?... had an accident.. perhaps dui MJ? or DUI drugs?... maybe injured another human being by mistake.. ever>? and if your answer is no... maybe you want to think back a bit.. know what I mean?

Ill await that answer....

Department should compensate for dog without question.... compensation based upon worth of dog.. as dog.. and not family member.. that is not compensated.. unless they want to sue.. and perhaps in this sue happy world a jury might give them more.. but .. not likely...
Cost of the dog or whatever, the taxpayers will foot the bill for the stupidity of the public servant once again.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:03 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
This why you have to leave the gate of the yard locked at all times. People in general not just cops are to eager to just walk on to someone's property that have no business being there.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:08 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,235,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
This why you have to leave the gate of the yard locked at all times. People in general not just cops are to eager to just walk on to someone's property that have no business being there.
The article wasn't exactly clear, but seemed to indicate the gate was open, so the officer went into the back yard. I don't believe it (the gate being opened).

If you have a big dog and a fenced yard, the gate is always, always, always, closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events