Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:19 PM

163 posts, read 125,440 times

Advertisements

That's quite poignant actually, because you know everyone always says that that would never happen in the USA. You made an observation to make us think. Good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,530,237 times
Freedom of speech is one thing. Antagonistic slander is another.

I can go to a new black panther rally and yell the N word at the top of my lungs, but expecting to come out unharmed.... not guaranteed.

This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.

There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the prophet to the death.

I'm not saying I love Islam. I DO NOT. What I'm saying is: "mess with bull you get the horns" regardless of freedom of speech. If that bull happens to be a 660 ton brain damaged indoctrinated psychotic raging killer that will do anything to defend its honor... well... you may not want to ride it.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:27 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Religion of Peace.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:30 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder if they will tell us the religion and nationality of those involved in the shooting.
Only if they are white and can be portrayed as right-wingers.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:32 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAMG View Post
And the unprovoked mass murder of innocent people is yet another. In light of such, "antagonistic slander" is speaking truth to power.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:38 PM

163 posts, read 125,440 times
The two shooters' dead bodies are still lying next to that vehicle!

Last edited by calculator; 05-03-2015 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: apostrophe necessary

Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Watch the "news" media quickly shift the story to "will there be a backlash against Muslims" narrative. The shooting won't even be that important to them.
In other news the government will call for increased Muslim immigration.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:47 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,326 times
Quote:
I can go to a new black panther rally and yell the N word at the top of my lungs, but expecting to come out unharmed.... not guaranteed.
This is not a freedom of speech issue.. it's islamophobia perpetrated by militant racist European and American secular Jews and anti-islamic Christians.
There are 660 million muslims and they all would defend the prophet to the death.
I'm not saying I love Islam. I DO NOT. What I'm saying is: "mess with bull you get the horns" regardless of freedom of speech. If that bull happens to be a 660 ton brain damaged indoctrinated psychotic raging killer that will do anything to defend its honor... well... you may not want to ride it.
So just consent to being held hostage to violent extremists? American rights mean nothing if Muslims get angry?
You're as un-American as those terrorists. You deserve to have your freedoms taken away.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:52 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:

Um, this was a private event Stop trying to explain away the foolishness that occurred tonight. It's unjustifiable. Drawing a dead man--a historical figure--isn't "slander," but free speech; its the very definition of free speech. Your attitude is exactly how Islamists around the world would like everyone to think as they forcibly ban alcohol, persecute gays, make women second-class citizens (anything to the contrary is an "insult" to Islamists), etc. Do we tell people to stop drinking, to hide their orientation or to not demand equal gender rights because doing so might offend some people? You cannot reason with Islamists.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:23 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Eventually the U.S. will just be another Iraq or Somalia.
Never! It will be its own religious bailiwick, wrapped in the flag and waving the cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events