Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 08:41 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Wow you couldn't have gotten it more wrong. So ... what you're trying to say is that black on black gang violence would have gotten 400+ posts? As if that never happens and we're all just sitting around here speculating about how America would react to it. Lol. Gosh I wonder what the media and internet forums would do if that unicorn of black-on-black gang violence ever showed its face?

Isn't it exactly the opposite that's odd? Epidemic level black-on-black gang violence has been going on for just a little while now and white people don't say anything much about it and black people sure enough don't go protesting in the streets about it. White on white violence (Hispanic too) like in Waco occurs and pretty much everybody goes "F those thugs." And yet ... If a white cop or even just a civilian kills a black person the streets erupt with howls of racism. Don't find that odd?

Just what pray tell, would constitute the appropriate level of white outrage for you? Would you be happier if we took to the streets about the systemic injustices that drove these men to be the scumbags that they are? Most people I know think that mentality is contemptible. You own what you do. If thugs kill thugs and maybe the cops get a few of them too then good. Live by the sword and you die by the sword.

Oh and that last little doozy of yours about these men having more access to resources and privileges than any other group in history ... blah blah boilerplate white privilege drivel blah blah. Have you ever known any bikers? Any lower class white people? Rural whites raised in poverty? That's more the outlaw biker demographic ... not kids of yuppie professionals who went into the talented and gifted programs at age six then took A.P. college courses in high school to assure a 5.0 gpa and a foot in the door of the Ivy League. Guess what? White thugs come up pretty much the same way as black thugs.
As I said, just go look at the thread about the brawl in the Memphis high school....look at the reactions of people to that crime, where no one but other blacks got hurt (and no one used guns) but pitchforks are out in full force and blame extends far beyond the school and students, and compare it to the reaction here, where only the bikers got hurt and no one is blaming the global "white community" or even thinks its a big deal. The anger and hate in that thread is palpably different. There they are savages, unfit to live in this country...here one poster a few posts ago actually called these gang members "varmints", which sounds like it's just a tad harsher than "scamps". There is a reason for it but apparently "denial" isn't just a river.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 05-19-2015 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Maybe if we sent them to Iraq they could take care of Isis.
Many of them had that chance already.... a large portion of them are ex-marines.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,574,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I can assure you that there are no 1%ers posting racist things on the C-D. How do I know this? There are no 1%ers here. They got better things to do, like campaigning to be the next PTA President at their kid's $40,000 per year elementary school.

Mick

Are you confusing the 1%er biker club with with top 1% of people in the US?

Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Classic waldokitty. If you can't make sound logical contribution, ignore the facts and counter with something completely irrelevant. Lol. Cheers mate. Just wanted to remind you that not everyone is buying whatever it is you are trying to sell. Carry on And no I'm not here for e-victories. I have better things to do with my life.
IrrelIf you want to be taken seriously, especially by me, then you should start your posts out with something than immediately crying "racist" and accusing me of having an IQ of 10. Do that and I don't even bother to read whatever it was you posted, because you immediately discredited yourself.

Logical discussion, since you bring it up, does not require insult as a tactic. That only comes in when you can make no such argument.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:04 AM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
To sum it up..

Whites committing crime = representing themselves as individuals (no negative stigma).

Blacks committing crime = representing the entire Black race (negative stigma).
No doubt, there are double standards but I don't see anyone defending the White and Mexican bikers. You won't see a Rev Al equivalent defending these thugs.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
News reports said that no civilians were injured.

The Bandidos, the Scimitars and the Cossacks motorcycle clubs apparently have a disagreement and are settling these matters in their traditional way.

As long as no private citizens are being killed in the matter, I don't think its really a big deal.
The problem with that line of thinking is bullets don't magically stop at the parking lot perimeter, they travel on until something gets in their way.

Having been on the periphery of a couple 1% groups years ago and having friends who were members I would avoid any area where the 1%'ers are as I know what can happen in an instant.

Not all patch wearing leather vested bikers are bad, one way to quickly spot "the good from the not so good" is simply by looking at the patch.
If it's a 3 piece patch, top rocker,main patch,bottom rocker all separate then it's a "sanctioned" (Outlaw) group.
If it's a one piece patch their just a group not a "gang".

Old 05-19-2015, 09:23 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
This was just more murders by cops! Second only to the last Waco massacre by cops where they slaughtered men, women and children of the Branch Davidians. All of you posters can whine about thug this and thug that, but I'd bet that cops instigated the whole thing. Everybody that got killed was shot by the police! But carry on with the usual BS. Why care about what really happened?

The Waco Police Massacre | The Aging Rebel
You know that all those that died were shot by cops HOW?
I am sure the ballistics report will tell us the whole truth. And according to early reports knives were in play also. Not too many cops I know carry service knives. Autopsy results may be in by the end of the month and the truth will be known..

Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Most of them look white to me with a couple of Mexicans sprinkled in. I didn't see any blacks though which is the point.
Well only 30 mugshots have been released so far, but it looks like over half of them are Hispanic, just going by the last names.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Your point has been well made even though the poster you're chatting with refuses to acknowledge it. Had this been Black bikers this thread would have numbered around 400+ posts by now. Comments would have been made such as "why can't Blacks live as civilized people?", "blame it on Black parents lack of parenting skills", "all the government aid and assistance wasted on them and look how they live", "Black savages", and other comments in that vein. Meanwhile, here there is no outrage by White posters (other than a couple) about the violence these White men have committed. These were adult men not teen boys or underprivileged fatherless youths but men who have access to more resources and privileges then any other group in the history of this country.

I don't back away from criticizing my own when they're at fault but I also will criticize others as well. I don't have a problem when Whites demonized Black criminals because the truth is the truth regardless of who says it. However, I see those same posters sentiments change when it's White demons involved and that is disgusting. They are not using race as a factor for the behavior of these murderous grown men but are quick to use it when it's Blacks or other groups. How hypocritical!
Huh? You seriously think most people give a rat's patooty when violent a-holes start killing each other off? Really? I'm here to tell you, they don't. In fact, it'd be just great if they wiped themselves out. Color isn't the issue. Behavior IS. Black on black violence gets hardly a eyebrow raise its so common. Only time people say stuff like that (what you said above) is when there are innocent victims. Seriously. Your post makes little sense to me.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 AM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The problem with that line of thinking is bullets don't magically stop at the parking lot perimeter, they travel on until something gets in their way.

Having been on the periphery of a couple 1% groups years ago and having friends who were members I would avoid any area where the 1%'ers are as I know what can happen in an instant.

Not all patch wearing leather vested bikers are bad, one way to quickly spot "the good from the not so good" is simply by looking at the patch.
If it's a 3 piece patch, top rocker,main patch,bottom rocker all separate then it's a "sanctioned" (Outlaw) group.
If it's a one piece patch their just a group not a "gang".
So the wild Hogs aren't a gang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events