Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:30 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron1022 View Post
And I mean "anything." God does not stop "evil" from having its way. When you have a relationship with "benevolent energy" aka God HIS energy protects you. HE does not abide evil. HE will stay away and you are at the mercy of your own, or someone else's negative energy.

No actually, Beau was no charm himself. He was a chip off the old block. The "Devil eats his own."
God only comes in by invitation. And, HE only stays around if you do your utmost to stay in positive energy to the best of your abilities. If HE is not around you are at the mercy of satan aka evil energies.
Beau is dead and he was a Democrat. That makes him eligible for canonization in the eyes of the left wing liberals. It is just the way those things go.

That said, I'm sorry for his death at a young age, the loss of a beloved son, husband and father, and I pray for him and his family.

And regardless of Joe Biden's politics, he is a human being first, a husband and father who, IMO handled the tragic loss of his first wife and daughter, and now this loss of his son, with grace and dignity. I wish him and his family well, I pray for their peace and solace, and hope they can find comfort in their faith, and in their shared memories and love for each other.

I don't agree with his politics, but as a person I bet he would be a great friend or neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 02:30 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,821 times
You'd have to be fiercely loyal to a political party to condone making a jab at a somebody the night before their son's viewing.

There's no political party worth being so fiercely loyal to.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:04 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Ted Cruz is an ego maniac. Similar to most on the Right who think they have all the answers.
Many on the Left don't care if their "answers" work in the real world; as long as it feels good.

Old 06-06-2015, 04:27 PM

17,789 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSwitek View Post
Imagine all the hate and vitriol from the left of one of the Bush kids passed away.
If this were to happen and someone on the left made a comment like Cruz made about Biden then that simply means they area as big a jacka$$ as Cruz is.

In situations like the death of a loved one empathy and class should transcend all the political tripe.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
I disagree...Not being plugged into the drama of Washington is exactly what we need right now. We need a person who is going to do what needs to be done regardless of how popular it is politically. Caring about what other Washington insiders think of you is a negative in my book.

Now, his handlers and his staff should have let him know what was going on so he could have avoided the drama altogether, but I do not place that blame on him...that is something that he is paying other people to keep up with for him.

Besides, while it may seem Cruel to crack a joke about the vice president while he is grieving - its not really that big of a deal...he did not crack a joke about his son. It was poorly timed, but so what. NOTHING is ever off limits to democrats, ever....Its a double standard.

Finally, a poorly timed joke, does not make one a bad candidate for president. Cruz has the best credentials, morals, education, background, of all of the candidates....compared to the candidates the democrats are running he is so vastly superior its not even funny.
One may not like the way D.C. works, but you have to understand how it works in order to figure out what needs to change to make it more effective.

I place the blame firmly on him. It came out of his mouth. He is not a puppet. He is trying to convince people that he is insightful and has the experience and knowledge to begin to address the problems our country is facing. If he's running that much on automatic, with over six months to go before primaries even start . . . well, that makes me think that, perhaps, he speaks first and thinks second. NOT a good quality for a leader. At least, not one that I care to follow.

I don't know Cruz' morals. I don't know the man. He's been a senator for two years -- that's enough time on the ground to know which way is up. He was also with the FTC and the Department of Justice -- the man is supposedly plugged in. And yet, he keeps pulling these diarrhea-of-the-mouth incidents -- like his attempted smear campaigh of Hagel's nomination after being in the senate for less than 6 weeks. He's obviously extremely intelligent-- but he hasn't really shown a great deal of ability to pull people together. In fact, he seems to delight in pissing people off. I'm pretty sure we don't need another term of a president who thinks he's always right just because he's been told he's smarter than the average bear all his life.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:50 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
Smart does not equal wise. Cruz may be very smart but he is definitely not wise.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:23 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Sadly, Ted Cruz is in good company when it comes to making fun of the grieving. Sarah Palin did the same to President Obama when he went to visit his now-dead Grandmother in Hawaii. This kind of classless behavior is more typical of adolescent bullies.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:09 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,160,703 times
Default Does this man have ANY common sense?

Does this man have ANY common sense?

Now he is telling jokes about gun control.

Ted Cruz Cracks Jokes On Gun Control Days After Charleston Shooting

Edit:

Forget common sense... Does he have any common decency?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events