Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 02:09 PM

1,588 posts, read 2,531,652 times

Advertisements

Just because you feel kicking a guy when he's down is appropriate, doesn't make it so. Those who have common sense and a filter would know this and would back off for a while.

If you don't care, that's your problem.

Those who have common sense have a filter. Biden has common sense and a filter?

“You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” -Joe Biden on Obama

“You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
-Joe Biden

What I do care about is when there is public outrage over nothing. People are going to say things. When one guy who doesn't know the other says something ignorant about that person, what does it matter. It doesn't unless you have an agenda.

In a civilized society you don't go around making jokes about a parent who is grieving the loss of a child. His son isn't even buried yet. I have to assume you have no kids. Birds of a feather.

Civilized societies don't make ill timed jokes or attacks on political foes ? I think history says other wise. Joe Biden made a joke about someone's mom being dead when she was still alive. Then said nope wait that was your dad, in a jubilant fashion. "God rest her soul, is soul ha ha ha" he continued. He said this to the prime minister of Ireland. The he goes on about being oiled and lubricated and making unprofessional sexual innuendos. civilized? If the side you are on does something like that its a joke, if the other side does it's repulsive, uncivilized, and unprofessional. How dare they!

I have 3 kids and if some idiot I don't know made the same comment attacking me, what would it matter, especially someone as dumb as Ted Cruz. I think I would have more pressing matters to worry about. The only people this matters to is people looking to capitalize on a mistake made by a political foe. If the shoe were on the other foot I'm sure the fake outrage and hypocrisy would still be there.

I'm not a political person, I am proudly deregistered voter since 2000. The bull**** 3 ring circus this hypocritical nation and its media have become are not advancing our so called civilized society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 PM

1,136 posts, read 923,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I would have preferred if he just said, " Sorry, didn't know that Joe was going through that right now. No harm intended. "
After reading that opinion I am now 100% convinced that he is a sociopath. That apology was as calculated and as insincere as they come.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:01 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,372,221 times
I don't really care whether what he says is offensive or not, but I think his fans should be more concerned with the fact that he's so much on automatic pilot that he just spouts off his memorized jokes without considering their context. Anybody who had half a brain would have steered away from that joke, but he just got up and did the same thing he's been doing all along, it sounds like.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:03 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I don't really care whether what he says is offensive or not, but I think his fans should be more concerned with the fact that he's so much on automatic pilot that he just spouts off his memorized jokes without considering their context. Anybody who had half a brain would have steered away from that joke, but he just got up and did the same thing he's been doing all along, it sounds like.
Yeah. And talk about being in poor taste! Sheesh!

Old 06-04-2015, 03:05 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,662,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaferOne View Post
McCarthy, as far as I know, made legitimate accusations against people that were members of the Communist party in the United States embedding themselves in government, Hollywood, and the media.

Not that I'm a fan of McCarthy. His association with Roy Cohn strikes me as dubious. But as far as I know his accusations of Communist activity were on the mark.
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

Reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Old 06-04-2015, 03:27 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,831,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I would have preferred if he just said, " Sorry, didn't know that Joe was going through that right now. No harm intended. "
But that would've been sincere.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:34 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Ted Cruz is a jackass. He hurts the image of the GOP. He's like a huge pimple on a person's forehead that won't go away even after a dermatologist administers a cortisone injection.

He just likes to hear himself talk. His ego is astonishing.
Yea, because it's not like Biden ever told a person in a wheel chair to "stand up". Yup, not an insult there, because it's just dumb old Biden.

The hypocrisy of the left is astounding.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:43 PM

202 posts, read 221,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism."

Reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism
That's a term of the Left. It doesn't really mean anything. A better term is the Christian term false witness. One who lies about someone to ruin their reputation. I don't see any evidence that McCarthy lied about anyone.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:49 PM

110 posts, read 123,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Well, while it came poorly timed, what he said wasnt really horrible.

Its so sad about his son, what a horrible loss for him!

I agree with you. It was an ill timed jab at Biden...so what. The media is making more out of it than it is. He apologized, so let's move on to those emails of Hillary's that are still missing and the fact that our enemy countries were given benefits by the state department after "generous" donations to the Clinton "Money Laundering" Foundation.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:53 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Cruz Jokes about Biden during his time of grief.

He had to be chided before he apologized for his crass words.
The first time a reporter brought the juxtaposition up to him, he smirked and walked away. The apology came later. I'm guessing one of his handlers pointed out that he was coming off like a colossal prick; thus, the apology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVo...g#action=share

On one hand, Cruz is - well, supposedly - running for President (and, yes, I know there are people who think he has better than a snowball's chance in Hades of being the nominee - personally, I can't see him winning a single primary or caucus), and to actually compete for the general electorate you have to tone down the whole I'm-a-total-prick vibe.

On the other hand, his tea party base just loves that sort of politics of sneering personal contempt.

Personally, I think his bid is one of those vanity campaigns. He's probably smart enough to know he can't win, but he pretends to believe he can in order to sell more of his books, promote his brand, and just revel in the little cult of personality that he's got going. It's just a book & self-promotion tour masquerading as a Presidential campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events