Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 10:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
HE was FORCED to resign so the peaceful protests in McKinney didn't turn into riots...we are now catering to the lowest common denominator..
They probably made a deal with the cop. He resigned but he got his pension.

Al Sharpton said on Monday he was going to McKinney.
NAACP/LULAC made public statements and called on the DOJ to get involved.
The New Black Panthers are there patrolling the streets to "keep the peace".

It was easier for the government to give the people what they wanted..him fired.
But it looks like they aren't happy with that. Now they want him arrested and charged with assault.

I think we've entered the "circuses" part of Bread and Circuses.
Give the people what they want to keep them from getting out of hand.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:15 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,542,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

The boy wasn't making a fist; he was holding that blue towel, or whatever it is, in his hand.

I know, I know, YOU could hold something in your hand without making a fist, right?
Jeez, even with a video, you get it wrong. The guy behind blue shirt is holding a towel.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:33 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,665,514 times
Quote:
how is an authority figure supposed to maintain control and order when no one respects or listens to him/her?
I dunno, ask the other 11 officers there.

Quote:
what is a cop supposed to do when some 14 year old is mouthing off, not listening
Quote:
and BY her actions inciting others to be JUST AS defiant...those cops had NO control over that situation, it was out of hand...
Funny, for an "out of control" situation, it sure did appear to be pretty darn "under control" before Officer Casebolt started doing his thing.

I'm not "out for" that officer. He resigned and will get on with his life. I'm hoping he's normally a relatively level-headed guy who is thinking about that moment he pulled his gun and going "holy s*&t, I could've killed someone! I handled that totally wrong!" McKinney is an upper middle class burb that's about 60% white, 20% hispanic, 10% each African-American and Asian. Although I'm sure there are some jerks there (because there are jerks everywhere), it's not some hotbed of racial intolerance. Everyone will get on with their lives, but hopefully this will cause people to stop and think.

Of course, for some people it'll be an excuse to justify their stereotyped views of certain groups.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:41 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,940,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
lol @ 14-16 year olds being young adults.
lol at the idea a 16 year old is NOT a young adult...seriously?
Were these toddlers throwing their barbies or gi joes at the cops

you entirely missed my point...that a group of 14 to 16 year olds could be dangerous...

Old 06-11-2015, 10:43 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,940,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post

Funny, for an "out of control" situation, it sure did appear to be pretty darn "under control" before Officer Casebolt started doing his thing.

I'm not "out for" that officer. He resigned and will get on with his life. I'm hoping he's normally a relatively level-headed guy who is thinking about that moment he pulled his gun and going "holy s*&t, I could've killed someone! I handled that totally wrong!" McKinney is an upper middle class burb that's about 60% white, 20% hispanic, 10% each African-American and Asian. Although I'm sure there are some jerks there (because there are jerks everywhere), it's not some hotbed of racial intolerance. Everyone will get on with their lives, but hopefully this will cause people to stop and think.

Of course, for some people it'll be an excuse to justify their stereotyped views of certain groups.
the other officers weren't in control either LOL
it was a cluster bleep

Old 06-11-2015, 10:54 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,975,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
As a kid growing up in the '60s and '70s my parents always warned us that if we saw a police action to head the other direction. Remember these were the days of the Kent State shooting. In no circumstances were we to go find out what was going on or to watch. I think that advice is still good today for people to teach their kids.

The difference is that now there is cell phones so if you can safely record it that is a good idea to help victims. However for most bystanders being there is not a good idea because things escalate, bullets fly, you get wrongly pulled in etc. just like it was in the '60s or '70s. Peacefully heading home also does alot to help diffuse a situation and will protect you more than standing there fighting with officers or causing a ruckus. It is just something that goes through my head when I see people trying to pick fights with police officers. Mom and dad said don't do that. Just head away from the trouble. I hate seeing videos like this where probably nice kids are put in danger or experiencing bad things because they weren't taught to just go home.

Its so sad to see these kids treated like this. Many didn't have to endure it and could have just gone home.

Standing up for a good cause like the civil rights activist are of course the exception.

I gave my children a short handed version of what your parents taught you. We are a white middle class family that have always lived in a suburban/small urban environment. Simply...the police are your friends when you call them if they are called on you they are not! Only three things ever need to be said: yes sir, no sir or I want to speak to a lawyer.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
lol @ 14-16 year olds being young adults.
Tatyana is 20. The one arrested and released is 18.

Seems like all age groups were there.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:57 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,665,514 times
Quote:
the other officers weren't in control either LOL
it was a cluster bleep
Really? According to who? Because when the officers showed up, the crowd was dispersing and everyone was leaving

Or were the officers "not in control" because the teens weren't immediately lying down, not saying a word, and immediately obeying anythnig they were told? Explain exactly what the problem was. Because if you look at the start of the video, there were no fights going on, there was no kicking and screaming, there were...a bunch of teens milling about and generally walking away.

Last edited by synchronicity; 06-11-2015 at 11:24 AM..

Old 06-11-2015, 11:13 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,377,369 times
Quote:
lol at the idea a 16 year old is NOT a young adult...seriously?
Were these toddlers throwing their barbies or gi joes at the cops

you entirely missed my point...that a group of 14 to 16 year olds could be dangerous...
Only dangerous one there was officer barrel roll.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:18 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,975,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
He did act like a racist, though. He selectively enforced what was going on.

When groups of kids deemed "rowdy" were separated from the other kids, ONLY THE NON WHITE TEENS were arrested.

The video was filmed by a very brave white teen. He is on record saying that he felt "invisible" because he was white.

I personally believe that police work attracts a certain type of person.

There are studies that compare the volunteer armed forces and people who apply to be police officers.
There are socioeconomic similarities.
I honestly can not believe what you just wrote or take it seriously! You and me are both from Suffolk County New York with one of the highest if not the highest paid police forces in the world!!!!! Exactly what socioeconomic similarities are you referring to?

Aside form being condensing and sounding elitist in two sentences you have offended every service member and police officer in this nation. BTW, you do know that the services and police forces have all races, color, creeds and national origin. As a proud wife of a career Army disabled combat vet your welcome for having the right to be ridiculous!!!!

Wilkes-Barre sure did a number on you, you are not the same woman I once had the pleasure to converse with.

Last edited by bloominscranton; 06-11-2015 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events