Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,077,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Just MAYBE these folks should keep their MOUTHS/Tweet/Blogs?posts SHUT...Just like everyone else..knee-jerk auto-correct reaction is to support someone..even tho they don't know ALL the facts yet...It's not the first time folks get in trouble for running of their mouths/electronic typed words who get in deep Do Do!!
Does that include everyone or just those that made statements which supported the police?

Old 06-12-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No.

The only reason skin color made any difference was because of the actions of Eric Casebolt. The actions of the other officers were not correlatable to skin color. Again, without Casebolt there would have been no story. No other factor made this a story except Casebolt.

If they had all been white kids with Casebolt thrashing a white girl in that manner, it would still have been a story, just as this is a story.
If anyone really believes that I'd be surprised.
I wonder when the last time a white kid who was put on the ground by a cop or had a gun pulled on 'em for running up on a cop made the national news for days,caused a cop to get fired (retired) and generated even a 3 person protest march?

I'd submit it never has and never will.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:23 PM

51,099 posts, read 36,794,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder when the last time a white kid who was put on the ground by a cop or had a gun pulled on 'em for running up on a cop made the national news for days,caused a cop to get fired (retired) and generated even a 3 person protest march?

You must be joking...you really believe if a 14 year old white girl at a community pool in an upper middle class suburb was thrown to the ground violently by a cop, that it wouldn't be national news?? You can't possibly believe that.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:34 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,891,087 times
Quote:

If you can find video on YouTube of a young white girl being thrashed by a police officer that did not make national news, you will have a point.

But only if such video exists, otherwise your opinion is groundless.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
If you can find video on YouTube of a young white girl being thrashed by a police officer that did not make national news, you will have a point.

But only if such video exists, otherwise your opinion is groundless.
So you're saying it's never,ever happened to a white girl on video? You're going to go with that???

C'mon, really?

Old 06-12-2015, 05:11 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,527,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

What turned this it a special occasion was the necessity of some folks to interject race into the question, not the kids but some "I'm not a racist but..." adult. Then to top the whole made for TV news item was Barney Fife running around manhandling young girls (by the way, any parents of teenage girls out there who has NEVER gotten lip from a 14 year old, I think not) and then to top that off pulls his gun on a couple of teenage boys.

By the way, I'm done with this story. Police Chief is appalled by the actions of his officer, officer resigns, life goes on.
Well, yes, race and a white cop run amuck turned this into a special occasion. Those turn many other somewhat routine or typical events into special occasions.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,674,061 times
Quote:
So you're saying it's never,ever happened to a white girl on video? You're going to go with that???

C'mon, really?
Proof?

Old 06-12-2015, 05:52 PM

28,711 posts, read 18,891,087 times
Quote:

C'mon, really?
Have you seen such a video? If you're claiming it exists and never made the news, you're the one who has to give us a link to it.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:11 PM

258 posts, read 157,974 times
Quote:
Have you seen such a video? If you're claiming it exists and never made the news, you're the one who has to give us a link to it.
What shade is the girl here? I'm not 100% certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYSck_6uus4

Old 06-12-2015, 07:19 PM

51,099 posts, read 36,794,870 times
Quote:

C'mon, really?
I'm sure it has. But not in the combination of 1. pool party 2. bikini (obvously no weapon on her) 3. nice upper middle class suburb that the girl lived in 4. Not committing a crime at the time nor presenting a physical threat to the officer 5. a 14 year old child.

I guarantee this exact scenario happens with only the races reversed....lets say it's a black cop who throws her down and kneels on her back....there would be outrage that would be IMO even more vitriolic than it is in this situation, not less. I don't think there's a chance in he** it would slip away unnoticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events