Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Interesting, it may be that the HOA never really enforced the pool pass rule until it suddenly came to black teens

McKinney police officer on leave after video shows him pushing teen to the ground Friday night | | Dallas Morning News
You got a guy who doesn't live there telling everyone to come and use a private pool as if it were a public community pool ?

Almost every private pool has a sign saying it's only for the residents and you should have your ID.

My son lives in an apartment complex with a pool. Sign says for residents only.
They don't have a manned entrance with someone there 24/7/365 checking.
But they do do random checks and have come to know which residents live there.

Americans are sure getting crazier and crazier these days.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,746,762 times
Quote:
Interesting, it may be that the HOA never really enforced the pool pass rule until it suddenly came to black teens

McKinney police officer on leave after video shows him pushing teen to the ground Friday night | | Dallas Morning News
I can't find that anywhere in that article. Can you tell me which paragraph?

Old 06-11-2015, 12:47 PM

28,750 posts, read 19,001,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Really? According to who? Because when the officers showed up, the crowd was dispersing and everyone was leaving

Or were the officers "not in control" because the teens weren't immediately lying down, not saying a word, and immediately obeying anythnig they were told? Explain exactly what the problem was. Because if you look at the start of the video, there were no fights going on, there was no kicking and screaming, there were...a bunch of teens milling about and generally walking away.
As I've said earlier--having spoke to some of those kids--they were milling around because they were waiting for their mothers to pick them up.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:48 PM

28,750 posts, read 19,001,566 times
Quote:
The word is that he was a pool security guard.
But where was his pool?

Old 06-11-2015, 12:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,978,704 times
Wonder what other dept will be more than happy to pick up this loose cannon. So he resigned. Big deal, he'll be some other municipality's problem soon enough. He should never be able to work in anything law enforcement-related for the duration of his life.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not just that poster saying it. That's what the social media mob are saying.
They are demanding that BofA review every single loan this woman denied for racial discrimination.
They say she's a racist and probably denied all home loans to Black applicants.
She works for CoreLogic and the company does analyze financial data, but we don't know what her position is there. Anyway, she was put on leave immediately after the pool party incident. If there is any evidence that she falsified information on loan applications, if that was even part of her job, of course she should be investigated.

I once worked for a company that processed loans and I cannot remember the application asking any questions about race. Honestly, our job was to verify the person's residence, employment and income, which isn't easy unless someone furnishes paycheck stubs. Companies usually won't release that information. Anyway, we got bonuses for each loan that was approved and issued for the lender, so it would make no sense at all to discriminate against anyone. We'd get a list of names and gather information. We were not allowed to ask about race or religion.

By the way, I never defended this woman or the actions of the police officer. However, why single her out when several of the older pool guests (they weren't all 15) were being loud and using bad language in front of children, according to eyewitnesses. One homeowner said they were drinking and smoking weed, although that hasn't been verified.

I believe that most of the teens were only waiting for their parents. I don't want to start an entirely different discussion, but why isn't anyone talking about the age group? Supposedly this was a pool party where a group of friends were invited. But the young man arrested is 18. When I was 14 or 15, if I went to a frat party with 18 and 19 year old men, my parents would have killed me! Instead the news is reporting these were "classmates." Baloney. There was an announcement on Twitter and people started showing up. The attendees who were interviewed didn't even know the host. The man who was arrested and released said "I wanted to help the little girl" didn't know her name. He seemed like a nice young man in the interview with his attorney, but he was trespassing on private property.

Although I'm sure some of the teens lived in the neighborhood, there were many trespassing, jumping over fences and arguing with security. How could they have guest passes when nobody could produce one? In fact, I think it's more racist to say they all were "invited guests" just because they were Black. Who invited them? Twitter?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:01 PM

17,663 posts, read 15,847,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
As I've said earlier--having spoke to some of those kids--they were milling around because they were waiting for their mothers to pick them up.
I guess some don't understand that these kids were dropped off... Look at the neighborhood: it's surrounded by highways. How are these kids supposed to just "leave?" All while still in bikinis and swimming trunks at that.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I guess some don't understand that these kids were dropped off... Look at the neighborhood: it's surrounded by highways. How are these kids supposed to just "leave?" All while still in bikinis and swimming trunks at that.
Those would have been the non neighborhood kids.

Why didn't Tatyana's mother, the host of the party, take them all to her house until the parent's arrived ?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:10 PM

17,663 posts, read 15,847,420 times
Quote:

Why didn't Tatyana's mother, the host of the party, take them all to her house until the parent's arrived ?
I can't speak for her, because not only was I not there, I wouldn't be stupid enough to host an event like that on community grounds.
However, I'll assume she'd have a hard time taking some 100 kids home...

Old 06-11-2015, 01:19 PM

19,963 posts, read 12,252,700 times
Quote:

A thoughtful, responsible host surely would have done that for her daughter's friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events