Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:02 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,162,770 times

Advertisements

Racist white conservatives use the term interchangably with "black". They call Obama, Neil Degrasse Tyson and Denzel Washington "thugs" since its their name for black people and lots of websites filter out that name they prefer to use for blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 04:18 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,723,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Racist white conservatives use the term interchangably with "black".
Seems to me, that someone who was truly a "racist white conservative" would not bother with hiding behind the word "thug" if they really wanted to say the N-word. They would just use the N-word. Why, afterall, would they care what you think?

IMO, thug, when used as you say it's used, would be something that a "progressive liberal of any color" would hide behind and certain Blacks looking to make money in the music business. Those are the ones you have to watch out for.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:31 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,162,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Seems to me, that someone who was truly a "racist white conservative" would not bother with hiding behind the word "thug" if they really wanted to say the N-word. They would just use the N-word. Why, afterall, would they care what you think?

IMO, thug, when used as you say it's used, would be something that a "progressive liberal of any color" would hide behind and certain Blacks looking to make money in the music business. Those are the ones you have to watch out for.
Type in that N word on this site and see if its not filtered. Most mainstream message boards and comment sections filter out the word. I don't know what you're talking about saying black people call themselves thugs to get ahead in the music industry. That was true in the 90s but its 2015 now. You can't even name a black person who advertises his so called thug life in his music, you'd have to get on your Wayback Machine for that.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,968,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Jumping Jehosaphat, what is wrong with some of your people.

Has PC so infected your brain that you cannot see the forest for the trees.
The term thug is synonymous with terms like goon, leg breaker, hooligan, etc. and has no racial inference. Just because some blacks and rappers started using the term and embracing the so called "thug culture", does not mean liberal PC types get to redefine what it means, and denounce others to not use it for fear of being shouted down.

`
You are correct here and..........
Rappers tattoo the word on their bodies and people want to give credit to white people for over using the word......uh, yeah, right!

Old 06-12-2015, 06:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,968,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just because a small segment of black culture tried to hijack the word "thug" doesn't mean they get to keep it and redefine it. A thug is a person who commits certain acts regardless of who was tattooing it on their bodies or what race they belong.
See just as I said "tattoos" and people want to blame others for using the word.......guess some people just feel the need to complain and blame anyone, but their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
According to Websters, "Thug" has been in used for 204 years.
Wonder if the mafia was offended by the word.....wonder how many tattooed it on their bodies for the world to know.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:59 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,625,858 times
I think we should add a verb form of thug. For example, "Brown was thugging through a store shortly before being shot" or "Rice was thugging in the park before being shot." You could also write "give me all your moment!" Thugged the man with a gun.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,680,794 times
Quote:
Racist white conservatives use the term interchangably with "black". They call Obama, Neil Degrasse Tyson and Denzel Washington "thugs" since its their name for black people and lots of websites filter out that name they prefer to use for blacks.
No, race pimps and the white guilt crowd try their hardest to make everything about race. If they get their win and thug becomes the t-word, they'll immediately start shopping for their next word. Suddenly, criminal will become the c-word; followed by convict being the next c-word.

BTW, most conservatives are big time Denzel Washington fans, because he calls out PC crap.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:19 AM

6,470 posts, read 9,850,339 times
Quote:

I wouldn't call any of these 3 a thug. I could care less for obama but a thug he is not. NDT is awesome, I cant imagine anyone calling him a thug.

See how ridiculous you sound when you say thug is the new N word lol Especially with these examples!!

People can claim that is the new N word all they want but they are just wrong.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:35 AM

40,976 posts, read 49,325,591 times
I will add IMO the word "Thug" is masculine to describe violent males.

There are much better words to describe females.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:59 AM

4,881 posts, read 6,964,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I will add IMO the word "Thug" is masculine to describe violent males.

There are much better words to describe females.
Such as: Thugettes, Thughos, Thugbabes, Divathugs, Cougerthugs, Mizthugs, Femathugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events