Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 AM

520 posts, read 533,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Anyone who looks at her can see she is white. If the NAACP leadership wants to give her a high position, simple due diligence would tell them she is probably not black. The fact that they did it, despite this tells me that they don't have a problem. If that's the case, no one else should have a problem either. If she wants to call herself black, white, red, yellow, or green that's her business.
Heh so you think the Afro and the day-glo orange DIDNT fool them? :-P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 09:02 AM

In all seriousness though (despite that I burst out laughing every time I see her LOL) this is actually pretty common amongst whites. Especially in low minority places like Spokane. You ever look at the supposed "Indians" and "Blacks" they have representing these identity type organizations in less diverse areas? They look damned near white because most likely they ARE white or mostly white. It usually goes like this: white kid starts out learning about and idealizing native Americans, then he digs and digs and learns he MIGHT have a great great grandmother who was a Navajo. Then the white kid starts running around calling himself 'Heinz 57'. And if it goes to the extreme, you end up with nuts like this woman who go all the way up to orange makeup, a fake afro, and heading up the local NAACP Hahahah But yeah, its a white thing. Whites have always done this as long as Ive been here. Its some kind of identity crisis they seem to face.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:10 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,567,890 times
Orange is the new black.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:11 AM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Anyone who looks at her can see she is white. If the NAACP leadership wants to give her a high position, simple due diligence would tell them she is probably not black. The fact that they did it, despite this tells me that they don't have a problem. If that's the case, no one else should have a problem either. If she wants to call herself black, white, red, yellow, or green that's her business.
The only time anyone ever investigated me that thoroughly was for a TOP SECRET government security clearance. That would go far beyond "due diligence" for a normal company. Race is not a hiring factor for the NAACP, so why would they make a special effect to confirm it?

And, no, you can't always tell "white" by appearance. There have always been descendants of Americans held as slaves who have appeared white (in fact, Northern whites traveling in the South during the slave era reported it even back then).

It's more often gone the other way. If it had been advantageous for her in her time, actress Carol Channing could have "claimed" her blackness.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:22 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times
She doesn't look orange to me. It looks like she has a nice tan but I guess I'd have to see her in person.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:22 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,504,053 times
Quote:
I have seen MANY people who identify as Black look like her.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:23 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,010,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I don't think people are upset with the fact that she's pretending to be black. You can identify yourself as what ever you want. The main problem is the fabrications of her past that she has been spouting. Saying she was born in a teepee, raised in South Africa, used to be whipped like a slave by her parents, suffered racial profiling and hate crimes due to being black, and having black "sons" that in fact her adopted brothers.

These are the main issues that will land this woman in a boatload of trouble.
Yup. And lying on some official documents, too.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:27 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,523,846 times
Is this part of an affirmative action program..

Old 06-12-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Oh yah she looks SOOO Black doesnt she? Heh she looks black because shes wearing a costume complete with makeup. We used to call that blackface.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:32 AM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
And I've seen many people who identified as white that made me think, "Hmm....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events