Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 04:25 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Shaming a child is a ridiculous form of discipline, and is a direct reflection on the step fathers lack of parenting skills, he also choose to record the event and should be judged accordingly. No one has suggested that the child shouldn't have been disciplined. Another thing that troubles me is that in addition to harsh methods of discipline it appears that he the step father was the primary disciplinarian which I wholeheartedly disagree with, that is the biological mothers job and the step father should have been playing a secondary supportive role.
The assumptions and blaming the stepfather are running amuck.

For all you know, momsy told the guy to cut the hair so She wouldn't get the anger from the girl. Has the guy been stepfather for 3 months, 6 years, 12 years ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,036,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
and now he gets to bury his child
Not "his" child, his WIFE'S child.

A wife who stood there and did nothing to help HER daughter from this sadist masquerading as a "father".

Old 06-14-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdan View Post
Punishment for what? What kind of objective harm did she cause?
None.

No one knew about the pics until he mentally/emotionally abused her about it.

He must have went through her phone constantly.

This ISN'T his biological daughter. Why on earth did he take such extremes for a child that he had nothing to do with creating?

Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
These actions almost make me wonder if there was molestation involved. The act of cutting her hair, arguably renders her less desirable and sexual. Same with burning her clothes. Teenage girls tend to be rather attached to their wardrobe.

Perhaps he was jealous - in a creepy way.
Absolutely!

People are trying to skate over the obvious.

I've read of MOTHERS cutting their daughter's hair off out of jealousy, but I've never read of a FATHER doing this.

JEALOUS men will cut off their girlfriends or wives hair, but you never hear about them doing this to their daughters, ever.

I've most definitely NEVER heard of a father burning his daughter's clothes either. You don't really hear about men in general burning women's clothes period.

I wonder where this girl's bio father's family is.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:49 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,911,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

For all you know, momsy told the guy to cut the hair so She wouldn't get the anger from the girl. Has the guy been stepfather for 3 months, 6 years, 12 years ?
I have not mentioned the suicide nor have I said there is a direct correlation between the shaming episode and the child's suicide however the discipline that he implemented is a direct reflection on his poor judgement and is possibly the tip of the iceberg. I'm a father what he did I would not even consider I have happy well adjusted successful girls in part because I have been thoughtful in how I have chosen to correct them.

Doesn't matter he is the stepfather his role is secondary to the biological parent in the household, if the mother did indeed set him up to it then she is even a less effective parent than the stepfather which speaks volumes, assuming the hypothetical situation you bring up is true.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Why did he burn her clothes? Can you tell me that?

What part of the "this will teach you a lesson" game is this?

Because I'm not seeing what she could learn with chopped up hair and raggedy clothes.

Is this supposed to make boys NOT want her or something?

She was still pretty in the face, so chopping up her hair wouldn't have stopped the attraction.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:51 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,024,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Not "his" child, his WIFE'S child.

A wife who stood there and did nothing to help HER daughter from this sadist masquerading as a "father".
Ill let my old neighbor that raised and adopted 3 kids for over 10 years and paid for them to go to college, that his wives kids are not his kids at all. Im sure hell be happy to know that.

You claim not to have step dad issues. Anyone that reads your posts on here can tell that is a lie.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:06 AM

575 posts, read 617,659 times
How many days passed between the hair cutting and the suicide?

Old 06-15-2015, 04:42 AM

50,912 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
How many days passed between the hair cutting and the suicide?
IDK, but the suicide was very soon after the video was posted to Youtube (apparently by a "well meaning" third party).

Old 06-15-2015, 07:04 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,588,736 times
I am not at all with the PC movement. To me it is just a generation of overly sensitive people. You can't discipline your kids or make a joke about anyone like one great comedian said (last name Seinfeld). Yet, I would neither need nor want to publicly shame anybody (in most cases). I prefer to handle a relationship problem in-house.

Although, if it is a drug problem, a stealing problem, a pyromaniac, killing pets, etc, then the public needs to know to safeguard their kids or friends. So, there are exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events