Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 04:24 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,615,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
A lot of what you said is right but like Ive said in other threads there are already initatives in many cities to target the youth, gangs and crime. There are already many blacks within these communities that try to organize programs, activities and meetings to work on many of these issues. Black people that don't live in these areas and have no affliation to people in these areas have about as much power in transforming these communities as you do. Which means minimal. The assumption that our black skin somehow means that no matter who the person is we have the almighty power to change every black person in the USA is ridiculous.

Even in times where marches and riots have been organized it's been concentrated in specific communities by specific people within these communities and certainly has not been organized by every black person in America. With the civil rights movement every single person with black skin was treated unfairly so we all banded together because of that commonality-the injustice of what was being done to us.

The crime, poverty and gang violence is complex and requires a complete drastic change in beliefs amongst many other things most of which are actually in the peoples control, some which will require outside assistance, but it applies to those living or from these environments doing the work. It isn't about "good" black citizens or bad black citizens ignoring, or perpetuating problems it's about the fact that these problems really only apply in these concentrated areas for these populations of black people and until they themselves. I could elaborate but I will merely say the difference between the black people living in these areas versus the ones that do not are completely different belief systems. Opposite beliefs and thinking repels one group from the other especially when certain beliefs are so engrained that work as deadweights to ever even getting to the place of making the decisions that those that live much different lives make.

That's not to say that they're doomed because I fully believe that everyone has the power to create their own realities and drastically change their beliefs. However what it does mean is that is not as simplistic as you want to make it. Being that I have personal experience and affiliation with those within some of these specific areas I can also say that most of these people could care less about whites and dont mention whites nor do they blame them the way those on citydata love to claim. Glimpses given by the media that depict handfuls of blacks rioting or targeting whites specifically blaming them for something are just that-glimpses that rarely tell the entire picture or accurately defines the majority of these people. It's amusing though that this is the thought-how narcissistic to assume that blacks blame whites for their problems and want whites to save them. It simply is not true. Whites are rarely talked about in these communities.

Finally no I disagree. Yes it takes a village but the actions of those in separate villages that have little in common with mine do not reflect or represent me. Why? Because I don't allow them to. I am my own person. Yes I'm black but im more than just that and I refuse to allow people like you to tell me what I need to do in order to look better to YOU.

Let me make this clear, you don't know me and if you are so ignorant that you would allow the actions of others that only share my skin to reflect on your perception of me then that is on you, as in it reflects your ignorance not mine. Furthermore I could care less what you and anyone else thinks about me. It kills me that people think that some of us even give two s**** that you think Ill of us as if that should prompt me to whip myself in gear. While when any other individual from another racial group commits a crime and this does not reflect on that race because they are individuals. You guys are silly. I don't even think some of you are attune to your own beliefs. You want to lecture and tell us what we need to do to look better to you as if your stuff doesn't stink and then you wonder why some of us continue to be nfg(no f*** given) about your opinion. Nah I'm good.

I do think you meant to write what you did in good intention because in all honesty some of what you said sounds great, but I think the key is that other people like yourself really need to chill with trying to tell us what we need or should do. We aren't asking you for advice so you don't have to provide it and think you did something great.

Sorry if this is offensive-im just being honest.
That's ok, and I understand. When people have a problem it tends to draw people into giving a solution or trying to tell you it's not as bad as you think. I believe that's a natural response. But I do get that you are an adult and maybe you are just venting.

Thanks for being honest and decent about your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 04:45 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,276,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
That's ok, and I understand. When people have a problem it tends to draw people into giving a solution or trying to tell you it's not as bad as you think. I believe that's a natural response. But I do get that you are an adult and maybe you are just venting.

Thanks for being honest and decent about your reply.
Your welcome and honestly it wasn't directed toward you persay as much as it was toward the endless amount of people that do this in this forum and on the political forum. Yes I can be the first to admit that there are plenty of black people in these environments that definitely have a lot of conflicting belief systems(they live in lack, fear, and most do have victim mind sets but contrary to belief it isn't one where they really believe whites are out to get them or hold them back). the difference between blacks that do well and those that do not are why it's difficult for every person with black skin to share responsibility for the outcome of those entirely different from themselves. This does not necessarily mean that we ignore the problems or that we are okay with the crime, violence and situations that happen in these cities, we just realize that the type of solution is not one that will happen overnight and certainly not something that can just be done so easily. It's a complex issue. Blacks that do well and make much different decisions dont want to be lumped into the category of "criminals" or "bad" because well they shouldn't. I think a lot of what you said is actually commendable btw.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,716,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Eddiehaskell has a very obvious confirmation bias, as proven by this thread and his many posts comparing these girls to Roof.

It's silly to deny it. We all know your true motive.

You've probably been scouring the net for days in search of a black people bad article. Bingo! One showed up yesterday. You must feel like you won the lottery! Now, go on, post more about how these girls are almost as bad as the monster who killed 9 innocent people.
Yep.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:54 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,716,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golabki View Post
Stop making excuses for violent, animal-like behavior. You know what's right? Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Most of your comments have been really nasty towards an ENTIRE group of people.

Shows exactly the type of person you are.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:02 PM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I was in high school in the 70's and knew a couple of girls like this. I was just glad I was friends with them, from a distance. I hate to fight and I am not very big they were there if anyone wanted to pick on me.....lucky for me this was not my issue in school.....thank God!

I have to say, it is becoming very disturbing, that women are wanting to be just as violent as men. I think I get more disturbed by abusive women, than abusive men. Then again, the punishment is not tough enough and this is why so many don't keep their temper in check.

Strange how society is going backwards with human respect.
I'm a male, and my first school yard "fight" was not boys, but with girls. Two girls started shoving me around. They had the "tough girl" attitude. This was in elementary school. I was 6 when this happened, and it was the early 1990s.

For the most part, there were some violent girls I knew growing up, but nothing like that video.

When you mention society going backwards, I thought about alot of things that happened in history. There has always been a time when human respect was put on the back burner. I look at it as "same as it ever was". Sure, women were more likely to keep there tempers in check in earlier times. On the other hand, there were alot of other problems.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,911,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNrug2ZzHYo

Someone needs to buy this guy a drink... protecting his daughter from these low lifes..God bless him.. Just my opinion and view.

More trashy lowlife disgusting girls. I can't tell what's going on in the video but I'll take your word for it. I would protect mine by all means necessary.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:40 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,191,702 times
Just YouTube black girls attack....

There are tons of these types of video's on youtube

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-04-2015 at 10:56 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 05:44 AM

297 posts, read 294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And people wonder what creates racism. A flag is not the problem.
What about gunning down innocent people in a church, due to their race? Surely this was a racist, malicious act.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:50 AM

297 posts, read 294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
It's really hard to say call people racist and stereotypical when the stereotype seems to be followed so much.

If there were men there, the dancing idiot would've been the first to catch a kick to his back. That idiot is going to run into someone who is going to pull his life card one day.

Yep, regular people who don't want to put up with this flee to better areas and they're made to be racists by blacks and liberals who have white guilt.

Of the numerous videos like this that are posted on the internet, why is a certain demographic more likely to be involved?

Has anyone really thought about that?
Do you not understand that the video depicts individuals. Why are you making blanket statements about black people? It is very interesting to read these comments, because whenever whites commit heinous acts, it's typically only about that particular white person, not the entire white race, however when a black person does something malicious, the entire black race is blamed for that person's actions.

I assure you that if I was present, I would have called the police and reported the incident.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:55 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Just YouTube black girls attack....

There are tons of these types of video's on youtube
I did. I also youtubed White girls fighting. Found plenty of footage on youtube as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events