Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Not surprising. Whatever they blackmailed Roberts with the first time around was likely to sway his hand this time as well.
What makes you think there was any blackmail involved? For all you know, he probably got a big pay off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 05:15 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
You are forgetting the "intent" of the law. Roberts has the intellect not to invoke politics.
If anything, Roberts put the R party above his legal intellect. He knows the R's don't want to deal with the subsidy issue, so went with the majority. Kennedy ? Who knows.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
My question is what we're the Republicans going to replace Obama care with? (Crickets?)

Old 06-25-2015, 05:33 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
My biggest issue, as has been pointed by so many others, there is nothing affordable about Obamacare. High deductibles & high premiums are what they are all about. I don't know how Obama and congress who passed this stupid law, can sleep at night. Oh that is right, they are lining their pockets with money from these big businesses, making all the laws. This is a disaster. We need Free Market Healthcare in this country. It can work.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:34 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,136 times
I guess now the question is, what are the Democratics going to do when ObaScotusCare craters?

Old 06-25-2015, 05:35 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
I guess now the question is, what are the Democratics going to do when ObaScotusCare craters?
They will blame the Republicans and refuse to take responsibility for their terrible actions.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:02 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroxian View Post
I guess we can just add Obama care to Social Security and Medicare since cons have been saying for 30 years that they were going to crater.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:15 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
ACA? I can tell you that if I wasn't OLD when it came into effect, I would have been very, very ANGRY being forced into my husband's $1,000/month plan, or any other, when I did not WANT it, or intend to use to.

I simply do not like the idea of being forced into health insurance, or health CARE, when you do not want it. While my view may not be the norm for people my age, I am sure a lot of YOUNG PEOPLE will agree. You WANT it, and medical treatment, that is YOUR choice and should be available, but not if you DON'T.
Awesome post, I agree completely. No one, no one at all should be forced into health insurance. Often times, health insurance is an unneeded burden, especially for a young person. When I was in my 20s, I went through a period of a few years where I didn't have insurance, because I simply didn't want it. And I did not have any health issues during that time.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:33 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yeah unless you got sick
I used it if I had to, with no problems. It was a private plan that I paid for. My new "affordable" one is $200 more/month.

Oddly enough, neither my governor nor the President see fit to help me budget this new expense. Now that I'm shelling out another $2400/yr, it's increased my expenses which is less money I have to pay for anything not covered. You know, like the dental work I need but can't afford insurance for.

Yeah, makes sense.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:36 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panu16 View Post
Supposed someone just like you described got into a horrible car accident, got taken to a hospital, and required multiple surgeries. The person does not have insurance and the hospital bill is $45,000. The person does not have sufficient asset to satisfy the bill. Who pays for the person's healthcare in that case?
What I would do in that case, is work out a payment plan with the hospital. Like a responsible adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The key thing about the ACA was getting rid of that absurd "pre-existing condition" baloney. What a crock. There is no reason why hardworking self-employed job creators shouldn't be able to buy insurance on the same basis as government and corporate employees.

Amazingly, no politician until Obama came along ever had the gumption to get up on his hind legs and do something about it. I'm not saying Obama is great because of that but he at least fixed this ridiculous situation, which you can't say for any other politician, Democrat or Republican.
CT had done away with the pre-existing clause. So it was possible pre-ACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events