Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:07 PM

2,020 posts, read 3,195,799 times

Advertisements

I don't feel one bit sorry for Bristol and "all she is going through." At least she has plenty of money to raise her children out of wedlock unlike so many young mothers who have little to no means of support due to their poor decisions and circumstances. She can't at all relate to the enormous and overwhelming struggles many of these mothers and their children will go through in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 02:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
I have to wonder about the timing of this "accidental" pregnancy.

All of a sudden, right when the breakup is imminent, she has an "oopsie".

Old 06-27-2015, 02:12 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yo.

Bristol Palin made a million off being an unwed mum.

Whos the stupid one again?

Palin. What's her profession again?

There is a word for those who make money from having sex. What's that word?

Making money is not the only measure of success. It is for only the most soul free and morally bankrupt among us.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:39 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Remember - same-sex marriage diminishes the Holy sanctity of Bristol getting repeatedly knocked up out of wedlock...

Old 06-27-2015, 02:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If a liberal had done the exact same thing, you would have applauded them.
Applaud them? Really? Are you that dense? Do you not understand the hypocrisy of this situation, especially how it (allegedly) align with her political party's beliefs? I think you do, you're just getting defensive and try to turn it on the other side, which has NOTHING to do with this story.

If this was Sasha and Malia, you don't think every Conservative C-D poster, including yourself, would be in every thread talking about "liberal this" and "Obama that"? Please.

I don't identify with either party, but the way some of you always make every non-liberal/left issue about liberals is akin to a 4 year-old throwing a fit after getting in trouble for causing a mess and blaming it on the dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Bristol should be praised for taking control of her reproductive organs and showing the world she doesn't need a man to raise a child.
Yeah, maybe she can go around touring to young women about the importance of taking control of their reproductive organs (not very conservative, from what I understand) and demonstrating how they can raise a child without a man.**

Spoiler
**For $200k a pop, of course.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:41 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
she got enough money so who cares.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:43 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Applaud them? Really? Are you this dense? Do you not understand the hypocrisy of this situation, especially how they (alledgedly) align with her political party's beliefs? I think you do, you're just getting defensive and try to turn it on the other side, which has NOTHING to do with this story.

If this was Sasha and Malia, you don't think every Conservative C-D poster, including yourself, would be in every thread talking about "liberal this" and "Obama that"? Please.

I don't identify with either party, but the way some of you always make every non-liberal/left issue about liberals is akin to a 4 year-old throwing a fit after getting in trouble for causing a mess and blaming it on the dog.

Someone could make a thread about cookies and it would turn into a debate about how bad liberals are and how Obama has worsened race relations in the U.S lol.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:44 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
I personally just posted this because she is the platform of abstinence, wrote a blog about two-parent households and how important it is for kids(despite her raising her son alone) and has torn down other people for sexuality or for straying away from conservative values despite the fact that she is now pregnant with her second baby, no mention of the dad, and basically alludes that she will be doing it all by herself again. I respect her for putting Her big girls pants on and going through with this despite the shame and disappointment I know she's caused her family. I am a single mother of one so of course I won't look down on any mother who becomes one out of wedlock(multiple times) my only real issue with Her is that she continues to preach values to which she does not uphold herself and now she's old enough to know better. For instance I know that when I had my son that we weren't always being safe with sex and I wanted a baby anyway so when I got pregnant I thought things would turn out much differently. Once life got real and realized the difficulties in being a single mother, co-parenting with a man that thinks differently from you, the shame, guilt, etc disappointment I brought to my dad and so on i realized never again... Next time I told myself I have to be married before getting pregnant because this s*** is hard. And needless to say I have remained safe, only had sex in a relationship on two different forms of birth control etc because I'm that adamant about not having another kid out of wedlock.

If Bristol was adamant like she claimed to be about abstinence and about two parent homes then the assumption is that she wasnt having sex and that she would not have a baby again unless it was in a two parent household. The fact that she got pregnant means that she clearly wasnt abstinent and she wasn't doing everything to ensure that she not have a baby with whoever it was until they married. Birth control can fail but coupled with condoms the chances of "failing" are extremely slim. There are also alternatives like the iud which can prevent pregnancy for up to 5-10 years-someone adamant about not having a baby unless married in a 2 parent home would be a good candidate for that option.

Basically the thing is, Bristol doesnt truly believe in the things she says but I believe a lot of what she says and does is influenced by her upbringing and Her mothers political career. The fact that she was going from city to city and blogging about many of Her moms talking points while still having sex and got pregnant again in a similar situation as the first time indicates this. I think breaking away from her conservative family and some of their values is difficult and that its been easier for her financially and family-wise to continue to play her "part". But I think deep down these most likely were never her core values, simply the values of her family and the Conservative party. I think the only reason conservatives give her a past is because despite having two kids oow with two different baby daddies, she comes from a family with money and she has her own money to support these kids that she's made btw through selling the ideas she can't even stick to herself. Has Bristol went to college? Does she have a career outside of Her reality Show? I mean i see nothing wrong with getting it where you fit in and making money anyway you can but something tells me that once her money train leaves that unless mom and dad support Her she is going to learn in more ways than one the difficulties in being a single mom.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Wow, some people are obsessed with the Palin family. Let go of your hate.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Bristol's philosophy on Life: "Do as I say, not as I do."

"$200,000, please."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events