Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 12:10 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You know what the difference is? Those recovering addicts don't have any plans to get caught up in their vices again. Plain was actively having sex while she was an abstinence spokesperson.

She not only spoke to these girls about abstinence, she guaranteed she wouldn't have sex until marriage, while collection $200k per engagement.

Just stop with the apologist nonsense.
Where are you getting that she was paid 200K per speech? I don't think so. It's also been years since she's been involved with The Candie's Foundation.

I really hate it when you people compel me to take up for a Palin on this forum, so please try to get your accusations right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 12:12 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And it wouldn't have been a big deal if she didn't guarantee her own abstinence until marriage.
Have YOU ever said you'd do something that you ended up not following through with?

Quote:
It's not about her having sex, stop being dense, it's because she was advocating for the very thing that's happened to her twice, while getting paid handsomely for it. How do you think that reflects on the impressionable girls, organization and the cause?
I'll say it for the 4th time - the foundation that paid her seems to be against TEEN pregnancy. Couldn't Palin be an advocate against teen pregnancy even though she "promised" to not have sex until marriage?

Quote:
However, it is a topic in a forum, and last I checked, I'm free to post in topics whether it personally effects me or not.
Did I ever say you couldn't post?

Quote:
So, personal insults? Please. I call it like I see it. I just hope you put up just as much of a fuss in the thread regarding the Obama girls' demeanor at a Thanksgiving event as you are now.
Personal insults and trying to make this some sort of political thing? Bristol Palin has really thrown you for a loop.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:53 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,339,930 times
Bristol Palin is pregnant again ..... So What? Why do people even care? She's just messing up her life not anyone else's, is she?

Old 06-28-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judeK View Post
Bristol Palin is pregnant again ..... So What? Why do people even care? She's just messing up her life not anyone else's, is she?
I agree and she seems to have money/family so the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy don't really have a huge impact on her.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:08 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Whats the big deal.. she has money so wont be taking off the state .

Old 06-28-2015, 02:26 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I agree and she seems to have money/family so the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy don't really have a huge impact on her.
Ya'll are so funny. She can afford the pregnancy and child so it's OK. Hey, I agree! What's funny, ironic funny, is a load of the money she's made in order to afford this was from nationwide speaking engagements on practicing abstinence outside of marriage. Must make your heads spin.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:37 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
What really, really irks me about how women are treated when they are pregnant in cases like hers....is that people feel free to judge the woman and put her down. Not one word here about the man, his part in this. They were both responsible for birth control. He gets to walk around without a sign on his body that he made a mistake! Why are standards different for women? This is a rhetorical question....
In many respects I agree. But the reality is women will always bear a higher cost in this situation....just biology. It's not fair, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, women in her situation usually make a bad situation worse by not giving their out of wedlock children up for adoption. The research is in (even from the more liberal scholars) that kids born to unmarried parents just don't do as well in life.

....A wealth of research strongly suggests that marriage is good for children. Those who live with their biological parents do better in school and are less likely to get pregnant or arrested. They have lower rates of suicide, achieve higher levels of education and earn more as adults. Meanwhile, children who spend time in single-parent families are more likely to misbehave, get sick, drop out of high school and be unemployed.

20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms - The Washington Post

Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
As my conservative Grandmother told my sister when she was preggers at 18 and single. "honey what is the big deal"? that is the way it happens now. Girls have babies thenget married, stop beating yourself up!" Sign of our times, whether you are liberal or conservative.
Yes, it's a sign of the times. Just because lots of people are doing it doesn't mean it's a healthy or good thing.

One would think with birth control that the number of unplanned pregnancies would drop, but it seems the exact opposite has happened.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Ya'll are so funny. She can afford the pregnancy and child so it's OK. Hey, I agree! What's funny, ironic funny, is a load of the money she's made in order to afford this was from nationwide speaking engagements on practicing abstinence outside of marriage. Must make your heads spin.
She's just some random girl that happens to be a famous person's daughter. She's not Mother Teresa and she's done nothing to make me think she should be looked at as shining beacon for decent morality. She was a speaker for some foundation that wants to prevent teen pregnancy - I don't see what the big deal is for her to be pregnant at 24. Heck, she would've been an idiot for turning down that kind of money regardless of how she truly feels about the matter.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Liberals don't "judge". They don't care what you do.
Ohhhh, yes they do. They don't care what you do as long as you agree with them. As soon as you don't, you get called every name in the book (racist, sexist, greedy, selfish, etc.). Obviously, not all liberals are like this, but quite a few are. There are just as many liberal hypocrites (who pretend not to judge, yet do so all the time) as there are conservative hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events