Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 12:46 PM

10,349 posts, read 14,037,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
So she's famous AGAIN for getting knocked up? The **** that makes people famous these days is unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 12:52 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,374,078 times
Meh, another ****. They're very common.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:57 PM

16,764 posts, read 8,747,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
She herself has said she messed up. I'm not going to stand around and kick her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Who cares? Lots of people, who express certain values, have children that go bad on them. Are we supposed to BBQ Sarah Palin and her husband , because their adult daughter went South of North? My own step daughter has chosen a life, contract to Ber upbringing, and is a waste of air, so, do my ex and I swing for that?

Bristol Palin is no different than hundreds of thousands of other kids who choose a wrong path. Seems that a wealthy upbringing brings less accountability to that choice, but if her parents were flaming, rich, liberals, would the situation, then, be less damning?
Well exactly.

I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, but to use her daughters actions in an effort to kick or try to discredit her mothers point of view, is a low blow.

Politicians families should be off limits, as no one can be held responsible for the actions of them all.
Billy Carter was a buffoon, but it did not mean Jimmy Carter was a dumb hick.
If Obama's daughter/s turned out bad, I would not speak ill of them, nor bash him for it.

This thread is in bad taste, and reflective of the mindset of it's author.

`

Old 06-28-2015, 12:59 PM

68 posts, read 57,279 times
Hopefully she comes out with a sex tape soon so she can put this humiliating pregnancy behind her.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:08 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,177,234 times
I wonder why she wasn't super careful with birth control? I mean, I don't actually care that she's pregnant again, it happens A LOT to single moms ( maybe we should be looking at why) but is she Catholic or Mormon or one of the religions that forbid birth control?

I feel kind of sorry for the baby. She keeps calling him/ her a disappointment, a mistake, etc. In the media. That could cause some significant downstream self esteem problems for the kid.

If she truly feels that way, maybe she should have gone into seclusion and quietly adopted the baby out if an early abortion was not an option.

People like Palin and the Duggars would not get such blowback if they didn't insist on hitting soft targets for money.
Gays, and teenage girls with raging hormones? Let's castigate them.

How bout you just say " I don't care to speak on those issues which are very personal to a person and his or her family and God, but what I'd like to talk about is the disappearing middle class, and corporate intrusion into our private lives for profit"

Don't forget, people, Palin was a populist Governor who took on the oil interests and is the reason every Alaskan gets a check for their share of the oil revenue the big companies take out of that state.

I'm a Democrat, I differ on a great many social issues with conservatives, but I'm not blinded by partisanship, or religion.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,266,041 times
An abstinence Champion with a stranger in her womb?

Are we absolutely certain this new Palin isn't the second coming of Jesus?

Old 06-28-2015, 01:44 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,312,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well exactly.

I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin, but to use her daughters actions in an effort to kick or try to discredit her mothers point of view, is a low blow.

Politicians families should be off limits, as no one can be held responsible for the actions of them all.
Billy Carter was a buffoon, but it did not mean Jimmy Carter was a dumb hick.
If Obama's daughter/s turned out bad, I would not speak ill of them, nor bash him for it.

This thread is in bad taste, and reflective of the mindset of it's author.

`
This is not about her being Sarah Palin's daughter - that may be the reason why Briston became a "celebrity" in the first place (given the loose definition that applies these days) but she is one in her own right. She chose to become a spokesperson for abstinence. She chose to have a reality tv show of her own. She chose to be on not just one but two seasons of Dancing with the Stars. She has published a book. She posts her opinions of others online on a public forum on a regular basis.

This is about Bristol Palin, not Sarah Palin's daugther. This is about her judging the actions of others but now thinking she is entitled to not be judged. Funny, if I recall correctly, the Bible had something to say on that subject. I would have thought that was something she was familiar with.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:51 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,866,246 times
Actually, I think Bristol Palin is an outstanding spokesperson for abstinence. She's done quite a bit to demonstrate how unrealistic a policy it is.

Abstinence Advocate Bristol Palin Announces Second Unplanned Pregnancy | Vanity Fair

Oh, and as for all the hands being wrung about how horrible it is to criticize a public figure who regularly puts herself in the news, and how we need to respect the privacy of someone who publicly announces her pregnancy online?

Bristol Palin Made Close To $1 Million Pushing Abstinence-Only Policies

Cry me a river...

Actually, I have a modicum of pity for Bristol Palin. After all, she didn't choose her train-wreck of a family.

Sarah Palin's family brawl photos reveal Track and Bristol's injuries | Daily Mail Online

But she is an adult, and she can either choose to act like more of an adult than her parents, or she can choose to be as critical and condemnatory a finger-pointer as them. Regardless, as long as she continues to rake in the dollars surfing off Mom's notoriety, she can expect to have her hypocrisy exposed. Too bad she also inherited the legendarily thin skin of clan Palin.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:55 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,991,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Nobody is claiming that she's not a nitwit and a hypocrite. And yes, promoting an "abstinence only" approach is ridiculous and harmful to others.

But she is still a human being and many human beings are complete idiots. Does that mean we should go around criticizing them for it?
Of course we should. All of us here on City Data would make perfect celebs if given the opportunity. Our decision making abilities at all ages are without blemish. Didn't you know?

Old 06-28-2015, 01:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,320,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Again, you mistake refusal to join the mob as defense. People REALLY need to look in the mirror, before jumping on a bandwagon of judgement and prosecution of someone's character. I'm not defending Bristol Pali , against , for the umpteenth time, in any way. All I'm saying, is that if people want to damn her, or anyone else, for her shortcomings, especially in the frenzied manner we are seeing here, they should look at themselves first.

The question I've posed, you have managed, again, to dodge, and you keep trying to spin this back at me. I've answered that question, so, the onus is not on me, here. So, perhaps, if I phrase less "verbosely" it may sink in? Are you, then, so pure and free of ever having embarrassed yourself, or having done something that others considered a less than glowing act, and been considered a hypocrite? Hell, I've made plenty of mistakes. Had to own up to them as well. Haven't you?

By virtue of my own imperfection, I just refuse to join in or condone trashing a woman for a mistake. Sheesh, at 24, my brain had barely started to grow back from when it was shed in my teens. As far as this situation goes, I'm content to let Bristol Palin ride her own raft. Nobody need do or say anything to drive the point home for her. But, again, if you feel your own record to be imleachable enough to rub her nose in it, please continue. From where I'm sitting, your own embarrassment equals hers.
This is very interesting. I'm not even sure what your point is currently, but it seems to be something along the lines of -- you don't criticize people, due to your own imperfections, and I should be embarrassed about something??

First of all--if you are saying you don't condone criticism of others due to your own imperfections my reply would be--that is not true. This is because the forum has an excellent search function. So you may want to reconsider that statement.

Second of all, despite where 'you are sitting'--I have nothing to be embarrassed about, so perhaps you are projecting? I have never been paid to promote a any form of birth control nor publicly promoted how I think others should behave in private, I have never made myself a public figure by going on DWTS, I have never had a public blog in order to comment on the behavior of public figures, have never sought any publicity at all and have never had a child out of wedlock.

Third, it sounds like your entire point is "let him who is without sin cast the first stone." So you actually appear to be making my point for me. Bristol Palin casts many stones at many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events