Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 02:50 AM

30,906 posts, read 37,042,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Bristol should be praised for taking control of her reproductive organs and showing the world she doesn't need a man to raise a child.
I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but for those who think this way....Kids need both parents. Kids without dads don't do as well in life. The evidence is in and it's overwhelmingly in favor of 2 parent families.

Forget Juno. Out-of-wedlock births are a national catastrophe.

....modern culture is out of touch with the needs of children. Some researchers identify out-of-wedlock births as the chief cause for the increasing stratification and inequality of American life, the first step that casts children into an ever more rigid caste system. Studies have found that children born to single mothers are vastly more likely to be poor, have behavioral and psychological problems, drop out of high school, and themselves go on to have out-of-wedlock children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can you IMAGINE what would be said of one of the Obama girls did the exact same thing?

Don't kid yourself - conservatives would call them EVERY name in the book. We're all stuck in our idealogical corners.
This much is true. What's different is the (liberal) mainstream media would give it the kid glove treatment, while conservatives get no such consideration.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:00 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,525,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
She's just some random girl that happens to be a famous person's daughter. She's not Mother Teresa and she's done nothing to make me think she should be looked at as shining beacon for decent morality. She was a speaker for some foundation that wants to prevent teen pregnancy - I don't see what the big deal is for her to be pregnant at 24.
Unbelievable. This is (unmarried and unplanned) pregnancy number two for a woman who collected public speaking engagement money promoting abstinence for unmarried girls/women. If she had not done that then OF COURSE she wouldn't be expected to be a 'shining beacon for decent morality'. It's the hypocrisy. But I suspect you know that. I'm not shaming her for being unmarried and pregnant at 24, these things happen. But I am not a fan of "do as I say, not as I do" while collecting speaking fees.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,971,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Unbelievable.
Quite the opposite.

Quote:
This is (unmarried and unplanned) pregnancy number two for a woman who collected public speaking engagement money promoting abstinence for unmarried girls/women. If she had not done that then OF COURSE she wouldn't be expected to be a 'shining beacon for decent morality'. It's the hypocrisy. But I suspect you know that. I'm not shaming her for being unmarried and pregnant at 24, these things happen. But I am not a fan of "do as I say, not as I do" while collecting speaking fees.
Yes, it's pregnancy #2, but she only got the gig because of pregnancy #1 bringing her into the spotlight. Who knows if or for how long she practiced abstinence after that. Regardless, I believe the bulk of her message was for TEENS to not get pregnant. She obviously knew what it was like to be pregnant as a teen. And she had already voiced hesitation about abstinence working for every girl.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
There is the safest birth control...........just do it with the same sex.......
It's always worked for me.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:36 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,476,577 times
What's her favorite position while she's abstaining?

Old 06-28-2015, 03:43 AM

575 posts, read 618,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
As my conservative Grandmother told my sister when she was preggers at 18 and single. "honey what is the big deal"? that is the way it happens now. Girls have babies thenget married, stop beating yourself up!" Sign of our times, whether you are liberal or conservative.
Grandma is right, except in her time the kids got married and the 18 year old dad could likely get a job that was adequate to support the family.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:51 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,818,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Ya'll are so funny. She can afford the pregnancy and child so it's OK. Hey, I agree! What's funny, ironic funny, is a load of the money she's made in order to afford this was from nationwide speaking engagements on practicing abstinence outside of marriage. Must make your heads spin.
Didnt Ulysses S. Grant also not stand up to his convictions and some others. tut tut.... Bristol is small fry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysse...ation_scandals

Old 06-28-2015, 05:58 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,557,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Well she is becoming a bit annoying isnt she? Do as I say and not as I do ? Preaching abstinence to teens and then getting pregnant again herself what kind of example is she setting? On the other hand she could have just married the fiance despite the problems that lead them to separate, in a sham fake marriage for show because of the baby, and then divorced him after 6 months or a year . And then nobody would be saying anything, but she would have been living a lie.

Sounds like she dumped the fiance because things did not work out and now is keeping the baby to raise and love on her own. She just isn't able to find a good man like many of us. What a shame. How far along is she?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:34 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
So let me get this straight. It's ok for Bristol Palin to judge young women getting pregnant outside of marriage, and collect large sums of money for doing so. And it's OK for Bristol Palin to judge anyone who has sex outside of marriage and to swear that she's never going to do so again. And it's also fair for her to judge everyone who has children outside of a "mother/father " family.

And yet it's the people who find it amusing that she is once again doing ALL of these things herself that are the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events