Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 07:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,991,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You do not know me so I have no idea how you know what "lights my fire (really--this is still a phrase?)." If you are assuming this from a post in a forum, it is most likely a faulty assumption based on confusion and lack of logic.
Never claimed to know you. I didn't know phrases went out of style? If you don't like people posting their observations about what you say - perhaps you should reconsider posting on a public message board.

Quote:
You assume from a couple of posts in a thread in a forum that I am "preoccupied" with Bristol Palin? Seriously? Using your logic, I could then reasonably ask why are you preoccupied with my comment?
I will readily admit that I'm preoccupied with your fascination and condemnation of one Bristol Sheeran Marie Palin.

Quote:
You are correct--this woman has done absolutely nothing worthy of putting her in a position of moral authority.
Great. We agree.

Quote:
We all know that, and yet this woman's public statements indicate that she thinks she is worthy of being in a position of moral authority.
And how many young people think they're more important than they are? Heaven forbid. And I'm sure getting paid didn't influence her opinion of herself.

Quote:
I suppose she believes this because (1) the Candies Foundation paid her $250,000 to promote abstinence, which indicates that this foundation (whoever they are) assumes she has some kind of authority
What young person wouldn't play long with something as simple as saying don't have sex if it results in a huge payday.

Quote:
Bristol Palin apparently does not have any morals, so I'm not sure what you mean,
Do you have proof? Have you ever told lie? I don't think YOU have any morals.

Quote:
and I don't see that Palin has better morals than Miley Cyrus or Lindsey Lohan.
It's not a competition of who's morals are better or worse. It's simply a matter of one side (Cyrus/Lohan) basically living hedonistic lifestyle so there's really no out of bounds....in Lohan's case - multiple drunk driving arrest, cocaine use, punching someone in the face, leaving the scene of an accident, theft, etc. There's really nothing they can do that would surprise folks. However, if Palin tells young girls to not have sex (agree or disagree - something a lot of parents stand for) and she ends up having sex - she's crucified. She would probably be crucified for any wrongdoing.

Quote:
They all seem very similar to me, except Miley and Lohan have some talent. In fact, Lohan and Cyrus appear to be more honest about themselves then Palin. They aren't really pretending to be something they are not.
I don't too many parents would want ANY of them being role models for their teenage daughters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,283,768 times
I like what she said in her recent post and I believe her... Perhaps she did start trying early on, got engaged, found out she was pregnant and was fine w/it because they were getting married. But then when things didnt work out and the wedding was called off. She remained pregnant and accepted it.

I completely understand that life happens, that the plan was not to be a single mother again but with the circumstances changing that's what it turned into which is dissapointing and embarrassing for her and her family. In any case im pro-choice but I think every baby is a blessing from God even OOW babies that people frown at, and I also think that being the circumstances she is handling it the best she could. I can certainly accept that she is human and that life can be humbling and get us all and even though I think she is judgemental at times I think that her response set the record straight for now.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:43 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,057,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Ahhh... now she says the pregnancy was actually planned:
My Little Blessing
She is such a liar.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,057,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I like what she said in her recent post and I believe her... Perhaps she did start trying early on, got engaged, found out she was pregnant and was fine w/it because they were getting married. But then when things didnt work out and the wedding was called off. She remained pregnant and accepted it.
We don't know if that guy is the father of her kid. Dakota hasn't said a WORD about it.

This is the Palins we're talking about here.

I can see this hypocrite being a drunken floozy and going with whomever, while taking to her blog to call out the OTHER drunken floozies who did the same thing she just did the night before.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:00 PM

28,151 posts, read 30,109,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yes, it does.
No, it doesn't. I'm a 66-year old practicing Mormon woman and I know what I'm talking about. My husband and I practiced birth-control for 8 years after we got married and were considered by the Church to be members in good-standing the entire time.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,266,041 times
Bristol Palin has gone the Fame Route which means every pregnancy earns $$$.

With a mother like hers, its hardly surprising.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:30 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,283,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
We don't know if that guy is the father of her kid. Dakota hasn't said a WORD about it.

This is the Palins we're talking about here.

I can see this hypocrite being a drunken floozy and going with whomever, while taking to her blog to call out the OTHER drunken floozies who did the same thing she just did the night before.
Hmmm that is true. I guess time will tell.

Why did they call off the wedding again?

Old 06-28-2015, 10:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,490,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
It takes a lot of courage to have a child rather than choose abortion as many women do. I am not taking a stand for or against either, but simply making a statement about her choice to remain pregnant. She could have been like many others and hid the fact that she became pregnant (outside of marriage or not), but she chooses to have the baby, knowing she would incur the wrath of judgmental people.

In her sharing her message of abstinence, it looks to me like she was trying to save other young women from going through the struggles she had a young mother. I don't think we should be judging her for her efforts. Her marriage was just called off...she is willing to have this man's child without the benefit of being married to him. Use your imagination as to why this might be...and then, perhaps you will have empathy rather than judgment!! She has to be in such pain over this.

Her family's values are that they support her in her decision.

What really, really irks me about how women are treated when they are pregnant in cases like hers....is that people feel free to judge the woman and put her down. Not one word here about the man, his part in this. They were both responsible for birth control. He gets to walk around without a sign on his body that he made a mistake! Why are standards different for women? This is a rhetorical question....
Seriously?

Funny how other young unwed women/teens are not touted by these people as 'courageous'. No, they "incur the wrath of judgmental people" such as the PALINS!

You don't get it. It's not about the pregnancy. It's about the HYPOCRISY!

SHE and her FAMILY should have "empathy rather than judgment" for others in the same predicament of unwed motherhood.

"Her family's values are that" they are HYPOCRITES!

You know, other young mothers are "willing to have (a) man's child without the benefit of being married to him (for whatever reasons)". Why don't the PALINS "use (THEIR) imagination as to why this might be...and then, perhaps (THEY) will have empathy rather than judgment!!

YOU DON'T GET IT!? Go back and read what you have written. People have a right to react to the hypocrisy that is so blatantly pandered by these Palins as they are so quick to shove it down others' throats.

"Why are standards different" for POOR unwed mothers? This is NOT a rhetorical question.

They invited this criticism. Many of the things mother Palin has said are beyond the pale in our polite society. This family deserves to be questioned as to their integrity.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:03 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,222,933 times
I've always asked, where the heck was Mama Sarah when Bristol's panties flew across the living room that first time? And she wants to run a country? Heck my 6th grade educated mom would be a better pick - right from the barrel. That would have never happened in our very undistinguished house.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:36 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,490,242 times
Conservatives have already called the Obama girls despicable names for wearing normal teenage dresses.

Last edited by tangelag; 06-28-2015 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: add quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events