Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 10:32 AM

48 posts, read 71,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Some people will never understand.

She displayed respect. She was upset and trying to contain her disdain for how and why she was stopped. The officer detected it, and decided to give it to her. She was like "damn, I am doing what I need to do, but no, this ass wants to ask me if anything is wrong." So, she tells him exactly what he knew, making him look like a jerk and he couldn't handle it, so decided to express power that he did not possess and she called his dumb ass on it, and he got pissed, end of story.

As a black person, when you do things right in a society, a society that expects/portrays all or most blacks as people who do the wrong thing, it pissing you off when you do not get the deserved respect.

It is like that old saying. What do you call a black man in a suit? A N Word. No matter how much black people follow the rules, there are people out there looking for them to be the stereotype; and when that does not fit their narrative/stereotypical views, those same people try to place them in that box no matter what, and it is wrong, and some black people have difficult dealing with these people.

If I am a criminal, treat me like a criminal, but if I am a professional, treat me like a professional, if you don't, I can only draw the obvious conclusion. The conclusion she drew angered her, but she showed enough restraint from him not to push her buttons.

Again, maybe if she tapped danced, sang an old negro spiritual, and said yes sir massa, he would have not prodded her with anger promoting questions.

If you can't see that, I am definitely happy I only know you via the internet and a fabricated screen name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 10:40 AM

431 posts, read 449,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, because death by hanging is so much better than accidental death by natural causes.
In this case it is better. If she had died from a seizure the department would be in big trouble for negligence as she should not have been in jail in the first place. A hanging makes it her fault and takes most of the blame off the jailers.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
On this both parties are on the same side.

Every expiration of parts of the Patriot Act have been renewed with no debate, passed in the House, the Senate and signed by Obama in a single day.
Scary world...and people, actually, believe the political parties are out for Joe or Josephine American...what a joke.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Scary world...and people, actually, believe the political parties are out for Joe or Josephine American...what a joke.
You have your Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders of America but the MSM makes a good job of making them appear as crackpots and loonies and should be dismissed.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:50 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
I have to agree. The "official" story is absurd. Death by semi-hanging from a garbage bag is physically impossible in this situation. If they wanted to make it believable, why didn't they say she asphyxiated her self with the bag over her head? I have a feeling someone killed her by accident during a seizure. There are too many fishy details.
Because Robin Williams' feet were also on the ground when he hanged himself with a belt. It happens.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:04 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin85 View Post
Yes we as black people know "All Lives Matter". The whole point behind Black Lives Matter is to give attention to the fact that society undervalue the lives and rights of Black Americans.
I think the black community as a whole undervalues the lives of Black Americans.

If black lives truly mattered to the black community, they would be spending their efforts trying to fix their own violent culture rather than attempting to demonize the entire legal system. Black males kill far more black males every year than the police ever could ever be capable of, yet we hear nary a peep out of them about it (other than to blame Whitey, that is).

The leading cause of death for a black male between the ages of 18 and 35 is not death by cop, but first degree murder by another black male. If the black community continues to stand idly by and enable their sons slaughter each other over "disses", colors or other trivial beefs, how can you expect the rest of America to seriously give a damn?

Last edited by Annuvin; 07-26-2015 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 07-26-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
With a trash bag liner, though? It is not strong enough to support a 175 pound woman for long enough to kill her. I am basing this on photos of the garbage can and garbage bag in the jail cell. A hefty bag, maybe. But those cheapo "government issue" translucent bags... no way.
Actually, they are plenty strong enough when the are bunched up like that. Yes, those types of bags will tear when they are open and holding garbage, but try tearing one when it hasn't been opened. I bet you can't.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:08 AM

431 posts, read 449,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, they are plenty strong enough when the are bunched up like that. Yes, those types of bags will tear when they are open and holding garbage, but try tearing one when it hasn't been opened. I bet you can't.
I guess i've changed my mind, it does seem possible she could have hung herself with one of those bags.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:11 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
In this case it is better. If she had died from a seizure the department would be in big trouble for negligence as she should not have been in jail in the first place. A hanging makes it her fault and takes most of the blame off the jailers.
Except if she had died of a seizure and had been subsequently hung to make it look like a suicide, the pathologist would have been able to determine that, there is a difference in the characteristics of an injury that occurs before death rather than after and that would have been evident in the ligature marks. Also, if she was dead for 20 minutes or so before being moved, livor mortis would likely produce a pattern consistent with her body position at death

Old 07-26-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
They are equally if not more liable for her suicide. They left a woman who admitted to trying suicide within the past year in a room with the means to kill herself, and they didn't check up on her enough times. Being police, they would know which scenario is more damaging to them, and that would be the suicide. I feel like there is no motive to kill her, and assuming a conspiracy among all the jailers to rig this up as a suicide that they know will be investigated doesn't make sense. I saw the jailers, and they were a very diverse group. Do you honestly think a black cop would participate in a hanging of a black defendant doing nothing but cry in her cell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events