Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 07:02 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times

Advertisements

A drunk driver killed my first wife and son. My son was 8 weeks old! I have no sympathy for drunk drivers, period! If I think youre drunk, and behind the wheel of a car, I call the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 08:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
What would it tell you, if I say i lived In East and West coasts longer than in WI?
Who cares? You gloat about your drunk driving, in a state that has a ridiculously high rate of drunk driving. That's pathetic. I suspect you won't be so smug when you get that pull over, or hit that other driver, or drive off the road, or hey, maybe you'll end up killing a friend or a family member. That'll be swell, right? Pathetic.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:31 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who cares? You gloat about your drunk driving, in a state that has a ridiculously high rate of drunk driving. That's pathetic. I suspect you won't be so smug when you get that pull over, or hit that other driver, or drive off the road, yada yada yada. Pathetic.
I would feel really bad, if that happen. Again, regardless whether I consumed alcohol before or not. It just happened so far to me, that it happened to me (several times with luckily minor consequences) when I was totally sober.

And again, I live in WI for only 8 months, before then I lived in Los Angeles, before then lived in Boston. Did the same thing there as well. So there's no need to bring relaxed WI laws into the picture.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:34 AM

Speaking of relaxed WI laws... Wisconsin is famous for its drink and drive and lack of real consequences for DUI. I haven't done any research yet and it's not a trick question. Do you think our state has several times higher car death/accident rate than any other state?

Old 07-28-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I would feel really bad, if that happen. Again, regardless whether I consumed alcohol before or not. It just happened so far to me, that it happened to me (several times with luckily minor consequences) when I was totally sober.

And again, I live in WI for only 8 months, before then I lived in Los Angeles, before then lived in Boston. Did the same thing there as well. So there's no need to bring relaxed WI laws into the picture.
I have no idea what you said in your first paragraph.

You're part of the problem. Maybe you'll kill someone in your drunken state or maybe a relative or friend will be killed by a drunk driver. Maybe then you'll finally grow up. Doubt it. I look forward to the day when you get pulled over & tossed in jail.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I have no idea what you said in your first paragraph.
some of my thoughts are really deep and require good meditation to understand them. You need to try harder.

Quote:
You're part of the problem. Maybe you'll kill someone in your drunken state or maybe a relative or friend will be killed by a drunk driver. Maybe then you'll finally grow up. Doubt it. I look forward to the day when you get pulled over & tossed in jail.
My uncle was killed by a burst of a torch. My father became handicapped when a heat water pipe burst. My friend was killed in a car crash when both drivers were perfectly sober. Death is not fun, neither is jail. I hope you won't be facing either of those bad situations yourself.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:52 AM

23,212 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
In my state it is .08 to be considered legally drunk which is about 2 beers. I think its an unfair benchmark.
And? All you have to say is you got a DUI, and no one will question whether or not is was .081 or 1.05 or 1.45 or 2.0, the assumptions will run as rampant as if you told someone you were a sex offender.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
some of my thoughts are really deep and require good meditation to understand them. You need to try harder.

My uncle was killed by a burst of a torch. My father became handicapped when a heat water pipe burst. My friend was killed in a car crash when both drivers were perfectly sober. Death is not fun, neither is jail. I hope you won't be facing either of those bad situations yourself.
I don't drive drunk, since I'm a grown up and all, so facing jail for that is nil. You however have an excellent shot at it. Pathetic that you appear happy about it. Maybe you'll grow up one of these days. Maybe you'll even realize the drinking problem you have and seek treatment before you kill someone or yourself.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I don't drive drunk, since I'm a grown up and all, so facing jail for that is nil. You however have an excellent shot at it. Pathetic that you appear happy about it. Maybe you'll grow up one of these days. Maybe you'll even realize the drinking problem you have and seek treatment before you kill someone or yourself.
An average law abiding US citizen on average breaks 3 federal laws each day... So never say never. Good luck with your life.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
An average law abiding US citizen on average breaks 3 federal laws each day... So never say never. Good luck with your life.
Good luck with your alcoholism. Hope you eventually grow up & get treatment before you kill someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events