Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 09:46 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,026,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
You know when you're driving home at midnight, you're surrounded by hundreds of drunk drivers (by the .08 standard), just in your particular city. Then multiply it by all of the cities and towns in the United States (or wherever). Is it dangerous? Certainly for those who have levels much higher than .08. But is it any more dangerous/irresponsible than speeding, aggressive driving, distracted driving, drowsy driving, etc? No. Those .08 drivers are going to overwhelmingly be more mindful of the road than when they are driving normally.
Award-winning post! Even if I have just one beer, I'm the most vigilant driver on the roads. Sober? I'm much more careless. Why? Because if I get a speeding ticket or have an accident, I'll just laugh as they give me the breathalyzer test!

I also have this bad habit of daydreaming at the wheel of a car, all dependent on the music that's playing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 09:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I asked police guys how to properly nap when drunk. They recommended to sleep in the back seat and god forbid not to turn the heat in the car. At least in our state you cannot be charged with DUI unless you actually operate the vehicle.

Having state politicians with 12 DUIs in State Assembly, is unother story.
Better to die of exposure to the elements than get a DUI while sleeping, eh? LOL Gotta love the logic of some laws.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And? All you have to say is you got a DUI, and no one will question whether or not is was .081 or 1.05 or 1.45 or 2.0, the assumptions will run as rampant as if you told someone you were a sex offender.
Exactly. I think it is unfair for someone to get a DUI because they had two beers.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't drive drunk, since I'm a grown up and all, so facing jail for that is nil. You however have an excellent shot at it. Pathetic that you appear happy about it. Maybe you'll grow up one of these days. Maybe you'll even realize the drinking problem you have and seek treatment before you kill someone or yourself.
Ever drive after having a few drinks, yet not be drunk? Many people have. As a matter of fact our state has a fairly new ad campaign about buzzed driving being the same as drunk driving. Another over-correction and over-reaction by the government.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Exactly. I think it is unfair for someone to get a DUI because they had two beers.
If you're blowing .08 after having two beers, you must be less than 100 lbs. which means you fall out of the average range.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Ever drive after having a few drinks, yet not be drunk? Many people have. As a matter of fact our state has a fairly new ad campaign about buzzed driving being the same as drunk driving. Another over-correction and over-reaction by the government.
If you notice, we're talking about DRUNK driving. Not, I had one beer driving by someone who has a high tolerance for alcohol.

It's totally effed up how many of you justify drunk driving. Freakin' pathetic.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:59 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,963 times
Quote:
Better to die of exposure to the elements than get a DUI while sleeping, eh? LOL Gotta love the logic of some laws.
Wear proper clothes for the weather, keep a blanket inside the car and the car is still fairly good shelter itself, better than a tent. So, you shouldn't die from elements just taking a nap, your body will be burning the alcohol like crazy, then you wake up from cold.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:10 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,676,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
oh give me a break... is this another DRINKS NOT THAT BAD message..Being tired and driving is dangerous but not self inflicted by some moron who thinks he or she is Superman.and indestructible after a few drinks.. It makes me so angry at all you boozers who think you have a RIGHT to the road.. how dare you compare a nurse to a selfish drunk.
Crazy people I tell you. Good for MADD is needed, drunk drivers kill carelessly.

Last edited by Nema98; 07-28-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 07-28-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
You're drunk, face it. In that situation I mean.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I think it unfair for innocent peoples' lives to be shattered because you want to have two beers.

That is unfair, not the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events