Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 08:20 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's comical that you accuse people of lashing out, name calling, attacking, when that is ALL you do.

Oh, the irony.
The irony is how many quarters until your machine stops washing and starts the spin cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 08:26 PM

850 posts, read 796,336 times
This nonsensical killing has disturbed me since I heard this news. Doesn't anybody have any care for our animals which mostly going extinct because of humans. Any care for our environment. What is up with americans and their obsession with guns and violence.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:29 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,412,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
This nonsensical killing has disturbed me since I heard this news. Doesn't anybody have any care for our animals which mostly going extinct because of humans. Any care for our environment. What is up with americans and their obsession with guns and violence.
Animals are not going extinct because of trophy hunters. Animals are actually more protected now thanks to trophy hunters.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Other species are going extinct because of billions of humans. The easiest solution is another world war. Or we need another comet to entice people to off themselves.

Quit having 15 kids people.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:43 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
i still cant see the problem unless the issue was invented by peta. He paid to kill a lion, people do it everyday, so he killed a famous lion, it still a lion.and that what he paid for.

i dont see no story except the fur people wanting to put him out of business, another hands up dont shoot bs

Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
Quote:
According to reports, he didn't use a gun. In fact, some people posting on this thread where highly upset that he did not use a gun and instead used a cross bow. Nice try to inject guns as the problem here though.

Americans aren't obsessed with guns and violence unless you get all your information from watching TV and internet forums, really. Most Amercians go about their daily lives not thinking about guns or violence.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
I come here to watch the nut jobs smash into the internet like moths to a flame

Old 07-29-2015, 09:33 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,081 times
After being maimed by an arrow, the poor lion SUFFERED for 40 hours before being shot dead. Walter Palmer has killed Leopards, Rhinos, Nevada Bighorn sheep, Elk, Bison, and now a lion. Hopefully he'll lose patients/money due to his actions.

Cecil the lion's last hours and Walter Palmer's vanity | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-29-2015, 09:40 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,538,686 times
Default Very interesting article...

...about the psychology of why some animals really spark more sympathy than others.

The Science Of Why You Are So Upset About Cecil The Lion | ThinkProgress

I also think that maybe since the guy is an American (more accessible) we can grab our pitchforks and torches via social media and serve up some punishment. (and to be clear, I think he should either go to jail, or finance a wildlife preserve to make up for it or something!!!)

However, when I read recently about a video of a 10 year old boy being taught how to behead someone by ISIS, I felt outraged, but completely powerless. I know, and I would think most people know at least on an intellectual basis, that beheading humans are more disturbing. Yet when I read stuff like that, I almost become numb and have to move on just for the sake of my own sanity. So much crap in this world!

I heard somewhere if pain were water, the world would drown.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:53 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Animals are not going extinct because of trophy hunters. Animals are actually more protected now thanks to trophy hunters.
I am sure "Cecil" shares your sentiment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events