Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 11:51 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
Tell me. I'm asking you. What is the exact difference between "trophy hunting", (which you detest, and claim to be "unethical"), and "hunting", (which you claim to support)? I've given you the definition per Webster of "hunting", which I'll repost here in order to keep things clear:

": the activity or sport of chasing and killing wild animals."

So please educate me. How does this differ from what Palmer did, or what you refer to as "Trophy Hunting"? All of your deflecting gibberish aside, establish some clarity here, and prove your point. What is so "ethical" about hunting, that is not "ethical" about Trophy Hunting? You've done an impeccable job repeating yourself. Now I'm simply asking you to define yourself.
Google: "trophy hunting"

(duh)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 12:59 PM

482 posts, read 533,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Google: "trophy hunting"
They are the same thing. All of your silly "ethical" vs. "non ethical"...... Hunting vs. trophy hunting is the same. What is the difference between killing a deer in Colorado, and mounting it's head for the fun of it, or doing the exact same thing to a lion in Africa? NOTHING! You've been had my friend. You yourself cannot distinguish the difference in the definition. Because there is none.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
They are the same thing. All of your silly "ethical" vs. "non ethical"...... Hunting vs. trophy hunting is the same. What is the difference between killing a deer in Colorado, and mounting it's head for the fun of it, or doing the exact same thing to a lion in Africa? NOTHING! You've been had my friend. You yourself cannot distinguish the definition. Because there is none.
Google: "trophy hunting" …

"Trophy" hunting is a subset of "hunting" … Not ALL hunting is for "trophies" …

(duh) …

But, again …
Thank for once again indicating that you regard "ethical" questions as … "silly" ...

Old 10-20-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Google: "trophy hunting" …

"Trophy" hunting is a subset of "hunting" … Not ALL hunting is for "trophies" …
Bull$h!t. Ever hear of the term, "A Trophy Deer".... "A Trophy Elk"? Of course not, because you don't hunt. So on top of being totally unknowledgeable on the subject, you're a LIAR as well. As I said, you've been had. Any animal hunted can be a "trophy".

Old 10-20-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Bull$h!t. Ever hear of the term, "A Trophy Deer".... "A Trophy Elk"? Of course not, because you don't hunt. So on top of being totally unknowledgeable on the subject, you're a LIAR as well. As I said, you've been had. Any animal hunted can be a "trophy".
Personal insults … How charming …

But, as to your bold assertion that "any animal hunted can be a "trophy" …

uh huh …

Just ask any taxidermist … Why, they stuff and mount squirrels and rabbits as well as Boone and Crockett elk … !!! The hunter who bags a two pound squirrel proudly poses for photos with it … !!! uh huh … And enthusiastically shows the photos to ALL the hunting buddies, who roundly congratulate him on such a fabulous success … uh huh …

And … (Really, I'm not making this up …) … Do you realize how many "trophy" hunters actually prefer taking a two year old doe over a ten point buck … ??? … uh huh … Why, any "trophy" hunter will have that doe mounted and displayed in his/her den … uh huh ...

(But … Again, again … Have you recently changed or gone off your medication … ??? I mean, seriously, friend … You seem to have some *issues* …)

Old 10-20-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Personal insults … How charming …

But, as to your bold assertion that "any animal hunted can be a "trophy" …

uh huh …

Just ask any taxidermist … Why, they stuff and mount squirrels and rabbits as Boone and Crockett elk … !!! The hunter who bags a two pound squirrel proudly poses for photos with it … !!! uh huh …

And … (Really, I'm not making this up …) … Do you realize how many "trophy" hunters actually prefer taking a two year old doe over a ten point buck … ??? … uh huh … Why, any "trophy" hunter will have that doe mounted and displayed in his/her den … uh huh ...

(But … Again, again … Have you recently changed or gone off your medication … ??? I mean, seriously, friend … You seem to have some *issues* …)
Stop crying. No "personal insults". Just facts. You continue to dance around because you cannot define the difference. I've asked you to for the last several posts, and you cannot. You continue to post more gibberish. I'll ask you yet again:

What is the difference between a hunter in Colorado taking a "Trophy" deer or elk, or Palmer taking a "Trophy" lion in Africa? Explain how is one "ethical", while according to you, the other is not?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Do you realize how many "trophy" hunters actually prefer taking a two year old doe over a ten point buck?
Once again you continue to prove your ignorance, as well as being a total liar about ever hunting. Does are taken on a separate tag. "Preference" has nothing to do with it. Several states have a separate doe season. If a hunter is using an Deer Reduction Zone license in a Deer Reduction Zone, the hunter must take an antlerless deer with an Deer Reduction Zone license prior to taking an antlered deer. Again, "preference" has nothing to do with any of it. Anyone who has ever hunted big game would know this. You don't because you've never hunted anything. Let alone something that was higher than your ankles when it stood up.

Last edited by petlover8; 10-20-2015 at 01:37 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Stop crying. No "personal insults". Just facts. You continue to dance around because you cannot define the difference. I've asked you to for the last several posts, and you cannot. You continue to post more gibberish. I'll ask you yet again:

What is the difference between a hunter in Colorado taking a "Trophy" deer or elk, or Palmer taking a "Trophy" lion in Africa? Explain how is one "ethical", while according to you, the other is not?
Well, again … You are drawing a contrast as if it is a notion I have suggested …

I object to TROPHY hunting in general, whether it is in Africa or the Colorado Rockies …

But, again …

TROPHY "hunting" is not the same as "hunting" …
Look it up …

Google: "trophy hunting" … (Why do you fear doing that … ???)

Old 10-20-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
TROPHY "hunting" is not the same as "hunting" …
Look it up …
I did..... And posted the definition. They are both the SAME! But as of now none of it matters. You've proven without a doubt you're a liar, and don't have a clue of what you speak.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Once again you continue to prove your ignorance, as well as being a total liar about ever hunting. Does are taken on a separate tag. "Preference" has nothing to do with it. Several states have a separate doe season. Anyone who has ever hunted big game would know this. You don't because you've never hunted anything. Let alone something that was higher than your ankles when it stood up.
But, seriously …

So … You claim that a hunter who takes a two year old doe is as likely to have her head stuffed and mounted as if (s)he had taken a ten point buck … ???

That dentist guy would have been just as happy to have shot a young lioness -- or one of her cubs … ??? All he wanted was to shoot "a lion" -- ANY lion … ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events