Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 03:37 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Hello … ???

Let's try it again … in simple American English ...

Being opposed to TROPHY "hunting" is not an "anti-hunting" position ...
Translation, I got nothing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 04:03 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Being opposed to trophy hunting IS however an anti conservation position.
Management of ecosystems is … *dicey* … at best, especially in this time in Earth history, in which many -- perhaps most -- living things will be increasingly engaged in an increasingly *tricky* evolutionary/ecological scramble …

"Conservation" is an honorable but naive relic of the past …

But, no … I do not believe that the trophy "hunting" ethos is about a selfless devotion to the welfare of dark-skinned natives far away and the innocent animals they would poach and hunt to extinction if not for the selfless generous intervention of The Great White Hunters … nor do I believe for one minute that The Great White Hunters are ecologists at heart ...

Last edited by Teilhard; 10-19-2015 at 04:22 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 07:07 AM

482 posts, read 533,110 times
It has become comical listening to these whacked out liberals, along with their so called "ethical positions" on hunting and animal welfare in general. Now PETA wants all Pit Bulls killed off. But they want Palmer hung for killing a lion. I guess they think Pit Bulls are less friendly. "Protect" lions who they think are endangered, along with keeping chickens out of your deep fryer, but support the killing off of an entire breed of dog. There is not a single dimension of reality that exists in their feeble minds.

The Truth About PETA : Nathan J Winograd

Old 10-20-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
It has become comical listening to these whacked out liberals, along with their so called "ethical positions" on hunting and animal welfare in general. Now PETA wants all Pit Bulls killed off. But they want Palmer hung for killing a lion. I guess they think Pit Bulls are less friendly. "Protect" lions who they think are endangered, along with keeping chickens out of your deep fryer, but support the killing off of an entire breed of dog. There is not a single dimension of reality that exists in their feeble minds.

The Truth About PETA : Nathan J Winograd
There are extremists in just about every group …

See, in Nature, many phenomenon plot out on that infamous bell shape curve ...

Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
There are NOTHING BUT extremists in THIS group.
FIFY.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
FIFY.
Your post (above, #1915) attributes to me a comment I did not make … Please remove it or I will report you to the administrator …

(I guess you DON'T care about niceties such as "ethics," do you … ???)

Last edited by Teilhard; 10-20-2015 at 09:14 AM..

Old 10-20-2015, 08:27 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times
Quote:
Management of ecosystems is … *dicey* … at best, especially in this time in Earth history, in which many -- perhaps most -- living things will be increasingly engaged in an increasingly *tricky* evolutionary/ecological scramble …

"Conservation" is an honorable but naive relic of the past …

But, no … I do not believe that the trophy "hunting" ethos is about a selfless devotion to the welfare of dark-skinned natives far away and the innocent animals they would poach and hunt to extinction if not for the selfless generous intervention of The Great White Hunters … nor do I believe for one minute that The Great White Hunters are ecologists at heart ...
Than why is it than in nations where hunting has been banned things are far worse than in nations it has not? See my many above citations for supporting data.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Your post (above) attributes to me a comment I did not make … Please remove it or I will report you to the administrator …
You have done nothing but cry and whine about "ethics", and make false and damaging reference to how "unethical" Palmer is, along with what he did. Post after post. All the while disregarding FACTS that have been presented to you by myself, and others. That is the exact same thing PETA does. I drew the parallel line. Typical liberal, run and cry at the first thing you see, and don't like, that is PROVEN fact. Then turn around and make false claims that no one remotely believes, in trying to defend your total nonsense. You've been pegged by everyone for exactly what you are. Go ahead, run to mommy. It's the only move you've got left.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Than why is it than in nations where hunting has been banned things are far worse than in nations it has not? See my many above citations for supporting data.
Again … Patiently … for the several-teenth time …

"Hunting" and T-R-O-P-H-Y "hunting" are not the same thing ...

Old 10-20-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
"Hunting" and T-R-O-P-H-Y "hunting" are not the same thing ...
Only in your eyes. And no one cares to look through them. The view stinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events