Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 08:45 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
You have done nothing but cry and whine about "ethics", and make false and damaging reference to how "unethical" Palmer is, along with what he did. Post after post. All the while disregarding FACTS that have been presented to you by myself, and others. That is the exact same thing PETA does. I drew the parallel line. Typical liberal, run and cry at the first thing you see, and don't like, that is PROVEN fact. Then turn around and make false claims that no one remotely believes, in trying to defend your total nonsense. You've been pegged by everyone for exactly what you are. Go ahead, run to mommy. It's the only move you've got left.
Thank you for richly illustrating my point …

What can I say …

Apparently you truly do think that the rules are just for sissies … LOL … and you don't see how your public behavior undermines your solemn assurances about your Great White Hunter ethos being entirely "ethical" … *shrug* ...

Last edited by Teilhard; 10-20-2015 at 09:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:23 AM

482 posts, read 533,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Apparently you truly do think that the rules are just for sissies ...
Who's "rules".... yours? In that case I would vehemently agree. You have become nothing but a fly in the ointment. You keep repeating yourself over and over, in post after post, in some half baked attempt to try and convince everyone here, that your version of morality and ethics are what should be adhered to. Palmer was not illegal, or unethical. Regardless of how much you want to continue to repeat yourself that he was.

Grow up and stop acting like such a deranged repetitious little infant. You don't care for trophy hunting. Fine. That in itself, we as individuals have no problem with accepting. Your opinion is no less or more valid than anyone else's. You're problem is you cannot accept the fact the majority does not share it. That's not our problem, Palmer's, or the "administrators". IT'S YOUR PROBLEM. Deal with it, and stop pushing your worthless opinion no one agrees with, on everyone else as fact. It's not. You've been doing it this entire thread with you constantly repeating yourself over and over. You've been fighting with everyone on this. If anyone should be chastised by the "administrator", it should be you for wasting bandwidth.

I have continually stated throughout this thread, that I have zero problem with anyone who doesn't like the sport of hunting. Trophy or otherwise. You, on the other hand, cannot stop without attempting to ram your opinion down everyone's throat as fact. Because you have nothing else...... Just like the PETA bunch. They. like you, choose an opinion, then try to force it on everyone. It doesn't work, anymore than your repetitive posts do. They, like you, do nothing but annoy.

Quote:
I think there is a significant real life real world distinction between what is "legal" and what is "moral"/"ethical" …Just so, while many human abuses of Nature are "legal," they certainly are not "moral" or "ethical" ...
Quote:
But, and, again …
The question is not "hunting," per se, but rather abusive hunting practices such as TROPHY hunting ...
Quote:
Again … The question (mostly) at issue is not "hunting," but TROPHY hunting.
Quote:
Let's try it again …Being opposed to TROPHY "hunting" is not an "anti-hunting" position ...
Quote:
Again … Patiently … for the several-teenth time …"Hunting" and T-R-O-P-H-Y "hunting" are not the same thing ...
ENOUGH ALREADY. WE GET IT........ AND WE DON'T AGREE. MOVE ON!

Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Who's "rules".... yours? In that case I would vehemently agree. You have become nothing but a fly in the ointment. You keep repeating yourself over and over, in post after post, in some half baked attempt to try and convince everyone here, that your version of morality and ethics are what should be adhered to. Palmer was not illegal, or unethical. Regardless of how much you want to continue to repeat yourself that he was.

Grow up and stop acting like such a deranged repetitious little infant. You don't care for trophy hunting. Fine. That in itself, we as individuals have no problem with accepting. Your opinion is no less or more valid than anyone else's. You're problem is you cannot accept the fact the majority does not share it. That's not our problem, Palmer's, or the "administrators". IT'S YOUR PROBLEM. Deal with it, and stop pushing your worthless opinion no one agrees with, on everyone else as fact. It's not. You've been doing it this entire thread with you constantly repeating yourself over and over. If anyone should be chastised by the "administrator", it should be you for wasting bandwidth.

I have continually stated throughout this thread, that I have zero problem with anyone who doesn't like the sport of hunting. Trophy or otherwise. You, on the other hand, cannot stop without attempting to ram your opinion down everyone's throat as fact. Because you have nothing else...... Just like the PETA bunch. They. like you, choose an opinion, then try to force it on everyone. It doesn't work, anymore than your repetitive posts do. They, like you, do nothing but annoy.

ENOUGH ALREADY. WE GET IT........ AND WE DON'T AGREE. MOVE ON!
I periodically repeat the fact that "hunting" and TROPHY "hunting" are not the same thing because others keep on keeping on equating the two, and asserting that anyone who opposes TROPHY "hunting" is "anti-hunting" …

I'm into "facts," you see, as well as "ethics" …

But, my goodness golly, you surely are obviously heavily emotionally invested in this matter … Have you recently changed or discontinued your medication … ???

Old 10-20-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I periodically repeat the fact that "hunting" and TROPHY "hunting" are not the same thing because others keep on keeping on equating the two, and asserting that anyone who opposes TROPHY "hunting" is "anti-hunting" …

I'm into "facts," you see, as well as "ethics" …

But, my goodness golly, you surely are obviously heavily emotionally invested in this matter … Have you recently changed or discontinued your medication … ???

More nothing. Move on.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:

Okay, I admit it. You do make some good points. I just don't like them.
Hey, this IS fun … !!!
Does this count as having bagged a "trophy" … ???
May I have this moment stuffed and mounted … ??? LOL ...

Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I periodically repeat the fact that "hunting" and TROPHY "hunting" are not the same thing................
Hunting | Definition of hunting by Merriam-Webster

": the activity or sport of chasing and killing wild animals."

What is it you think Palmer did differently?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Hunting | Definition of hunting by Merriam-Webster

What is it you think Palmer did differently?

Not all "hunting" is TROPHY "hunting" … That is my point ...

But, seriously … You come off as more that a bit obsessed … Do you have a life … ???

Old 10-20-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Not all "hunting" is TROPHY "hunting" … That is my point ...
What is "trophy hunting"? Is it not, "the sport or activity of chasing and killing wild animals"? You've been rambling on and on about these "differences" for over a dozen pages now. Carrying on how one is "ethical", while the other is not. Surely you know the difference?..... Don't you?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
What is "trophy hunting"? Is it not, "the sport or activity of chasing and killing wild animals"? You've been rambling on and on about these "differences" for over a dozen pages now. Carrying on how one is "ethical", while the other is not. Surely you know?..... Don't you?
You're a TROPHY hunting advocate and you don't know what specifically TROPHY "hunting" is … ???

WOW … You concede that you don't understand the very position you have been been trying to advance … Thank you …

But, no … I do not claim that while TROPHY "hunting" is unethical, all other "hunting" is by definition "ethical" … It depends upon the hunter and the situation …

OTOH, you hold (above) that "ethics" is irrelevant as long as a practice is "legal" ...

Last edited by Teilhard; 10-20-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You're a TROPHY hunting advocate and you don't know what specifically TROPHY "hunting" is … ???
Tell me. I'm asking you. What is the exact difference between "trophy hunting", (which you detest, and claim to be "unethical"), and "hunting", (which you claim to support)? I've given you the definition per Webster of "hunting", which I'll repost here in order to keep things clear:

So please educate me. How does this differ from what Palmer did, or what you refer to as "Trophy Hunting"? All of your deflecting gibberish aside, establish some clarity here, and prove your point. What is so "ethical" about hunting, that is not "ethical" about Trophy Hunting? You've done an impeccable job repeating yourself. Now I'm simply asking you to define yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events