Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:20 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Wah wah wah wah. There's male empowerment shows/images literally everywhere. Let the girls have their empowerment shows.

If anyone thinks males have it tougher growing up than females, I'm sorry, but that's the craziest, most delusional thinking on the face of the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I have never been the one saying women were just trying to be victims, that was the point. It's the ones screaming about how everyone wants to be a victim showing their hypocrisy by claiming it's white men who are the actual victims.

Attempting to change a stereotype, or societal norm one does not agree with does not make one a victim, quite the opposite.
If you feel this is just a thread where people are complaining and whining then why are you here? It's obvious neither one of you want to really discuss anything. You're both just taking up bandwidth. You don't agree fine but your disrespectful tones reflect on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I think it's more of a case by case basis. I think being a "loser" is harder if you're a guy, but successful women are judged more harshly than successful men.

A woman who lives at home and is unemployed can easily find a boyfriend, for example, and nobody will accuse them of being a deadbeat or a drain on society. A guy in the same situation might even find that his guy friends no longer want to spend time with him.
It's really just this simple. Why treat people in this situation differently along the bases of gender? I do kind of admit though, when it comes to these gender based stereotypes, in my life experiences it's men who are most rigid about adhering to gender roles. And enforcing double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 10:44 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I hope not from work for following my advice? If so, don't blame me, blame the society.
Kidding :P

Old 07-29-2015, 11:00 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Oh my God. Can't believe all the effing whining in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Exactly, these kinds of threads are just stupid, and usually by people who claim women/minorities just want to be victims. Apparently, they don't realize the hypocrisy of posting on how men are now the biggest victims.
Lol, I always get a chuckle when the least victimized group in society complains about other groups acting like "victims", while whining like a victim, themselves.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:23 PM

914 posts, read 973,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Kidding :P
and useless employment legislation

Old 07-29-2015, 12:42 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
As a mother of boys, I see a blatant disregard for the issues men face. Mock all you'd like, but its true. Replace "American male" with any other demographic and you'd be called a xenophobe.
You honestly expect me to not disregard or mock these comments???

Quote:
I could make a very similar list for boys. I'm all for women's empowerment but propaganda like this marginalizes boys who aren't what society expects them to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you are told over and over and over that you are a "victim" you take on the mindset of being a victim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
and if the Leftists cannot find a victim, they will create one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I can think of more easy way of life as a girl than as a guy. Many girls aren't pushed to get married or have children, what else is there to worry about?

Girls can go out dressed like a guy or a girl and society is perfectly fine with that.
Quote:
While ladies earn less on average, they outspend men. So, we (guys) know where our money end their travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
I work in corporate accounting for a Fortune 500. We have a lesbian on staff that dresses like a man and has a butchy haircut thats shaved in a non conventional fashion. Do you seriously think if I dressed like a woman my male dominated management would let me keep my job?

A woman with her nickers all in a twist who compares to awful oppression her boy must endure because a video in produced to convince girls that there is nothing that they shouldn't strive for. The counter complaint, boys are told not to play with dolls and can wear a dress. Well I can see the deep need for concern!

Just think how life changing for a young lad to be told that its ok to play with dolls and wear a dress when compared to such trivialities as encouraging girls (by Femnazis I assume) to become coders, engineers, fighter pilots, firefighters, or scientist!

I sit corrected and apologize profusely.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:20 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
The wage gap is a myth. Women are significantly more likely to leave the workforce and are significantly more likely to work in low paying fields. Controlling for those the gap is non existent. I have already provided citations. Would you like more citations?

Non married woman make the same as men.

We need equality of work place accidents.
Single female college graduates make more than the corresponding single men. Their advantage is even more pronounce with advanced degrees. Unskilled single females make less than single men, but the men are twice as likely to be unemployed.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:35 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times
Men can:

Wear anything they choose (within reason) and still claim religious affiliation to most creeds, while women have to wear scarves, not fix their hair a certain way, not wear trousers or jeans (according to certain beliefs), not cut their hair short (certain beliefs), not wear makeup (certain beliefs), not speak in church or hold the office of a minister (certain beliefs), not show their skin, etc.

Easily find shops that will help them pick out clothing and tailor it for them; women have to wade through rack after rack of items, try them on, and then get them tailored separately, or hire a personal shopper. We also have to worry about fitting a variety of different shapes.

Travel to nearly any country and enjoy the same freedoms they do here.

Get a decent five-figure job out of high school...and sometimes before.

Enjoy a man's company without worrying about him wanting sexual favors, usually.

Negotiate salary without the boss getting an attitude.

Be sexually promiscuous without societal stigma.

Raise children without raising eyebrows...

Need I go on?

Last edited by krmb; 07-29-2015 at 01:51 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 02:00 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,414,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Men can:

Wear anything they choose (within reason) and still claim religious affiliation to most creeds, while women have to wear scarves, not fix their hair a certain way, not wear trousers or jeans (according to certain beliefs), not cut their hair short (certain beliefs), not wear makeup (certain beliefs), not speak in church or hold the office of a minister (certain beliefs), not show their skin, etc.

Easily find shops that will help them pick out clothing and tailor it for them; women have to wade through rack after rack of items, try them on, and then get them tailored separately, or hire a personal shopper. We also have to worry about fitting a variety of different shapes.

Travel to nearly any country and enjoy the same freedoms they do here.

Get a decent five-figure job out of high school...and sometimes before.

Enjoy a man's company without worrying about him wanting sexual favors, usually.

Negotiate salary without the boss getting an attitude.

Be sexually promiscuous without societal stigma.

Raise children without raising eyebrows...

Need I go on?

Wear anything they choose (within reason) and still claim religious affiliation to most creeds, while women have to wear scarves, not fix their hair a certain way, not wear trousers or jeans (according to certain beliefs), not cut their hair short (certain beliefs), not wear makeup (certain beliefs), not speak in church or hold the office of a minister (certain beliefs), not show their skin, etc. And women are free not to be members of those religions.

Easily find shops that will help them pick out clothing and tailor it for them; women have to wade through rack after rack of items, try them on, and then get them tailored separately, or hire a personal shopper. We also have to worry about fitting a variety of different shapes. Sorry, the vast majority of shops target women not men.

Travel to nearly any country and enjoy the same freedoms they do here. No, not at all. Maybe middle eastern countries but wtf are you doing there?

Get a decent five-figure job out of high school...and sometimes before. My sister and I both had 5 figure jobs in HS I am talking Freshman year. Just takes working alot of hours. My being a man gave me no help beyond my willingness to work in manual labor.

Enjoy a man's company without worrying about him wanting sexual favors, usually. Evolutionary reality

Negotiate salary without the boss getting an attitude. Maybe

Be sexually promiscuous without societal stigma. Lol. How old are you? No.

Raise children without raising eyebrows... Stay at home dads dont raise eyebrows?

Need I go on? Please do.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:56 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
I think society is more rigid on guys nowadays. A girl can do whatever she wants now, but imagine a guy wearing a skirt and using makeup. I mean, it does happen, but it's not mainstream yet.
Man...you should take a spin around this Forum and look at all the threads on 'gender' issues...there are now 6 genders (or is it 20?) and 70% of them are homo men who want to look like girls (except, don't cut his doo-dad off! ) so that they can attract hetero guys to have anal sex with them.

Caitlyn Jenner leads the way! Guys want to be girls so that they "can do whatever they want"!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Friends' parents, my mother in law and brother in law.

Why in God's name would you assume *I* would tell them that? My job as a parent isn't to tell them what toys they can and cannot play with, what hobbies to have etc. My job as a parent is to act as a guide, not a dictator.
Ok, and what did you do to correct them? What did you say to your kid?

If your kid (any gender) says they want to be an astronaut, and grandma says "You're too stupid to be an astronaut" would you just sit there, or would you correct her and tell her never to speak that way to your child again?

It's your job to be a guide, yes, but it's also your job to be a protector, especially when they are young and vulnerable. I wouldn't stand for anyone, even family, telling my kids what they can't do because of their sex. You shouldn't either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events