Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 02:52 AM

228 posts, read 171,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
Men have greater struggles. Men have to battle The Feminazis.
I think I'll just...steal your emoticon their, bud

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Lol, I always get a chuckle when the least victimized group in society complains about other groups acting like "victims", while whining like a victim, themselves.
THIS ^^^^

A GAZILLION TIMES OVER, THIS!!!!

Old 07-30-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Women are free to choose or avoid any superstition they wish. It has always been a marvel to me that women seem so easily hornswoggled by religious propaganda.

The only men's wear I know of that is tailored is formal wear, which only lawyers wear any more. Men buy their clothing the same way women do: off the rack and hoping that it will fit. Men also have a variety of shapes.

There are very few countries in the world where anyone enjoys the same freedoms they do here. Would you prefer the freedom to be killed?

A man's 5-figure job out of high school will be around 10k if he is lucky. Women are more likely to find a job.

Have you ever dated a woman and not offered sexual favors? They don't take rejection well.

Where do you find a boss without an attitude when you ask for more money? If you threaten to walk, you better be ready. I will say that men are less likely to be living paycheck to paycheck. I have seen women take anything they were handed because they were terrified of being unemployed. The way to move up is to get a better job, and that works for both men and women.

The reason women have more societal stigma about their sex lives is that they won't shut up about it. It always irritated me that by noon on Monday, all of her girlfriends knew, in detail, what we did in bed on Saturday night. I swear, women would rather talk about sex than do it. Quit bragging and you won't have a problem. The definition of promiscuous is someone who has more sex than you do.

I have no idea what your raising children comment means. Are women not supposed to raise children?

Women have these weird fantasies about what it is like to be a man. Women enjoy a lot of privileges not available to men. If they actually had to interact with the world like men do, most of them would fold like a house of cards. It's a tough world for men.
The complaints lodged here about being a woman, like most of feminist propaganda, amazes me. What bad and useless arguments. The only real issue I have as a woman is about VAW and entitlement/general misogyny. Unfortunately there is a severe imbalance in the amount of physical abuse women take from men than the reverse. Verbal and emotional abuse as well. This injustice has to mean *something* beyond sexual dimorphism.

Why do feminists never complain about the real issues facing women other than to scream like banshees about "rape culture" which is actually mythical?

Old 07-30-2015, 05:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'm a sixty plus year old father and uncle who doesn't have a hint of metrosexuality and whose approach to parenting is decidedly old school. As for proclamations, I've made none other that to read the comments that I posted which are trivial, opaquely misogynistic, and sophistic.

I don't know of any societal prohibitions regarding boys playing with dolls, I played with them with them when I was a young child and no one ever prohibited me from doing so (and that was the 1950's), yes boys are not encourage to dress in girls clothing's, but is that really a bit deal I think not considering that boys are never given the impression that there are any professions to which they can aspire to pursue, while the opposite is a fact of life for girls. Which is why so few girls aspire to careers in technology, and the STEM sciences. Those are real and important issues.

If I were to make professions regarding gender equality such professions would be heavily weighted in removing social stigmas in favor of girls and young women because that is where gender equality doesn't not exist in either quality or quantity. That is a societal problem not whether boys play with dolls or can dress up as girls.
Your experiences are different than mine. Thank you for your post.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Oh the things that men must suffer!
Yes if the shoe were on the other foot - and it often is - we have to push for women to dress the way they want. Why the distinction?

Do you say "Oh the things that women must suffer!" IRT clothing mores?

Old 07-30-2015, 05:15 AM

613 posts, read 463,340 times
Why does this silly thread have 9 pages? Some of you need to get your lives together. -_-

Old 07-30-2015, 08:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Why does this silly thread have 9 pages? Some of you need to get your lives together. -_-
And yet you continue to post on this thread. Pot meet kettle.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
WTF does that mean?

Why do any of these threads have any responses? Because people like to talk about life, that's why! If you don't like the thread, move along.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I suspect your reasons for posting this type of statement have more to do with your inability to answer a valid question rather than some manufactured disdain for one thread out of thousands.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:52 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,676,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderingaboutstuff View Post
The complaints lodged here about being a woman, like most of feminist propaganda, amazes me. What bad and useless arguments. The only real issue I have as a woman is about VAW and entitlement/general misogyny. Unfortunately there is a severe imbalance in the amount of physical abuse women take from men than the reverse. Verbal and emotional abuse as well. This injustice has to mean *something* beyond sexual dimorphism.

Why do feminists never complain about the real issues facing women other than to scream like banshees about "rape culture" which is actually mythical?
I agree 100% about VAW. There is a lot more violence against men, but men are conditioned and socialized to defend themselves. Women are generally smaller and weaker, plus estrogen weakens connective tissue so they are more likely to be injured. Fatalities are almost always men, but men can get away from each other. Domestic violence is exacerbated by the fact that people are so closely bonded that they sometimes don't just leave. The bond is as often economic as anything else. How often do you see divorcing couples have vicious fights over "stuff," when they would be better off to just walk away?

As for misogyny, I think it's a push. Some men don't like women, some women don't like men. Some people don't like anybody. <shrug> Welcome to the human race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events