Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 07:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They were BOTH on Nancy Grace, read my posts if you're going to comment, please! If you saw it you might feel differently. Nancy roasted the drone guy over the coals, too. After watching both of them, seeing video of the property, hearing from officials verifying he called before, etc. etc. I am on his side, period. I care not about legality or details. I am on the side of privacy in one's own home, and doing what one has to in order to protect his little girls' privacy and sense of security in their own backyard. I don't care one whit about this moron's expensive toy compared to that...not important.
The legality is the issue though. We can agree that the law needs to catch up with technology. The issue lies with the methods he took by becoming a vigilante and shooting down the done and then threatening the owner by a gun to not step foot on the property. By law, the homeowner was in the wrong on both accounts. What the homeowner did was effectively said your baseball is mine because it landed in my yard. Isn't that a form of theft?

As for Nancy Grace, I saw enough of that idiot back when I had a job in Florida and the breakroom always played her witch-hunt for justice that she calls a television show. I read your posts and didn't see anything about both people on her show. It was just the homeowner was not in the suburbs or if he was had a lot of land. There is no reason to patronize me over that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 08:01 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The legality is the issue though. We can agree that the law needs to catch up with technology. The issue lies with the methods he took by becoming a vigilante and shooting down the done and then threatening the owner by a gun to not step foot on the property. By law, the homeowner was in the wrong on both accounts. What the homeowner did was effectively said your baseball is mine because it landed in my yard. Isn't that a form of theft?

As for Nancy Grace, I saw enough of that idiot back when I had a job in Florida and the breakroom always played her witch-hunt for justice that she calls a television show. I read your posts and didn't see anything about both people on her show. It was just the homeowner was not in the suburbs or if he was had a lot of land. There is no reason to patronize me over that.
I understand what you're saying...I am saying I don't care about the legality. Having experienced loss of privacy to a drone as I stated, and being driven in from my own deck instead of relaxing and watching a sunset like I had planned...and wanting with all my heart to throw a deck chair at the stupid thing...I don't care in the slightest little bit whether what he did was legal, I support him regardless. He did what he had to do. Those things are the enemy as far as I'm concerned. That man's territory was invaded and he defended it, period, JMO but a very firm one.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
I care not about legality or details.
That's the stance that criminals take. This anti-American anti-law approach is concerning.
Quote:
I am on the side of privacy in one's own home, and doing what one has to in order to protect his little girls' privacy and sense of security in their own backyard. I don't care one whit about this moron's expensive toy compared to that...not important.
Privacy in this person's home was not violated. There is no expectation of privacy in an open backyard.

It's sad that you have no respect for personal property. This is America.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
That's the stance that criminals take. This anti-American anti-law approach is concerning.

Privacy in this person's home was not violated. There is no expectation of privacy in an open backyard.

It wasn't open, he had a solid very high fence around the entire backyard. What is he supposed to do, put a roof over his yard?

I feel my privacy is more important than a toy, yes.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:58 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Here is a link to a site with a "for educational purpose only" plans to build a drone jammer.

http://www.qrz.ru/schemes/contribute...one-jammer.pdf

bill

Old 08-07-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Here is a link to a site with a "for educational purpose only" plans to build a drone jammer.

http://www.qrz.ru/schemes/contribute...one-jammer.pdf

bill
I see a new niche market for folks who know how to put the above together. I couldn't do it myself, but I'd certainly pay someone to make one for me.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:42 PM

467 posts, read 1,045,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post

If it was the police department habitually flying a camera-equipped drone over a citizen's private, fenced residence, something tells me you would change your stance in a hurry...

Old 08-07-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
If it was the police department habitually flying a camera-equipped drone over a citizen's private, fenced residence, something tells me you would change your stance in a hurry...
Well, you're completely wrong. Private citizens don't have more inherent rights than a police officer (and vice versa).

Old 08-07-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
It wasn't open, he had a solid very high fence around the entire backyard. What is he supposed to do, put a roof over his yard?

I feel my privacy is more important than a toy, yes.
He only needs to put a roof over his yard if he is trying to achieve privacy. Since privacy was not violated the issue here is the private property that was criminally damaged.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I see a new niche market for folks who know how to put the above together. I couldn't do it myself, but I'd certainly pay someone to make one for me.
So you're pro-criminal activity and admit that you would participate in a crime. I guess I'm not surprised.

I hope you don't have children because you'd be demonstrating the same level of incompetency in parenting as the aggressor who shot down the drone. You can't be a parent from jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events