Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 04:51 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,064,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
In Ohio you are required to have your driver's license on you.

In fact, you are required to have a valid form of ID at all time, even when walking.
Source? Quote the code please.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
A lot of universities have their own police departments.
There are all kinds of private police departments these days. But they are still nothing more then rent-a-cops. The practice should be illegal. If a university, or any business or person wants to have LEOs to protect their property, they should be required to contract with an accredited law enforcement agency to get those officers, pay their full salary, and the officers should remain under the control of the city, county, or state agency. The whole concept, that any organization can just start their own police department is disgusting.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:19 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,482,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Source? Quote the code please.
looks like he can't

Old 08-01-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
he didnt get his head blown off for that Forrest Gump, he got his head blown off for all the other things he didnt do right
Fact is, he was stopped for failing to display a front license plate, and he died for that mistake. Nothing changes that fact.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,302,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
He was not dragged, even his own partner that was there even said so on paper that he was not dragged so stop it

and yes an ID is required while driving, not driving then no id is required
Right - let's put this to rest - THE OFFICER WAS NOT DRAGGED. And the car didn't start moving till he shot the guy in the head. Watch the slow motion video if you're having trouble accepting these facts. (not you, key2success - others - LOL)

Look, I default to the cops' side usually - though I wait till facts come forth before forming my full opinion. Let's just say I am skeptical of freaking idiots who get pulled over and act like fools, and have a criminal record a mile long. But there's a difference between being skeptical and being blind to the truth. I'd LIKE to think the cop was in the right and that this was a tragic accident, but it doesn't appear to be the case here. Watch the slow motion video and the whole thing becomes very apparent.

This guy who was killed was no hero, and no angel. But this case resonates with me because in spite of his flaws, he was not being disrespectful to the police officer and he OBVIOUSLY wasn't being violent. Even if he DID try to get away - and it does look like that thought was crossing his mind, which wasn't a wise thought - he did not deserve to get shot and killed for it.

The cop was not in imminent danger. He was not dragged. He was not hurt in any way. He overreacted and I don't think a person who is prone to overreacting like that needs to be out on the street armed with a gun and the power to pull people over. Obviously. Since he killed someone who did not deserve to die that day.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:29 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,697,606 times
Good, high time these rogue police thugs are brought to justice. No reason why that man Sam had to be shot by this thug who with his ego believed he can kill anyone.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,302,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Yes, I watched the video, when you first posted it.
I'm amazed you didn't see that they had the girl restrained numerous times during the 25 minutes she was in the lobby. Sitting there talking with her calmly at one point. I just don't buy that they (several police officers) couldn't disarm her or control her and that she needed to be shot.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM

557 posts, read 739,877 times
Tensing will get off, the thugs criminal record will come out and the video shows him trying to drive off with the officer's arms in the car which could cause serious bodily injury. Justification for deadly force. But the real question is why Dubose had to try to get away, couldn't he have been arrested like the other 75 times and one of his 13 baby mommas could have came and bailed him out. Pay a fine and keep driving without a license in a different car and continue to live the thug life.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:58 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,482,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Tensing will get off, the thugs criminal record will come out and the video shows him trying to drive off with the officer's arms in the car which could cause serious bodily injury..
That Dubose guy, he's something! He was able to drive off after he was shot in the head

Old 08-01-2015, 08:20 PM

932 posts, read 904,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - let's put this to rest - THE OFFICER WAS NOT DRAGGED. And the car didn't start moving till he shot the guy in the head. Watch the slow motion video if you're having trouble accepting these facts. (not you, key2success - others - LOL)

Look, I default to the cops' side usually - though I wait till facts come forth before forming my full opinion. Let's just say I am skeptical of freaking idiots who get pulled over and act like fools, and have a criminal record a mile long. But there's a difference between being skeptical and being blind to the truth. I'd LIKE to think the cop was in the right and that this was a tragic accident, but it doesn't appear to be the case here. Watch the slow motion video and the whole thing becomes very apparent.

This guy who was killed was no hero, and no angel. But this case resonates with me because in spite of his flaws, he was not being disrespectful to the police officer and he OBVIOUSLY wasn't being violent. Even if he DID try to get away - and it does look like that thought was crossing his mind, which wasn't a wise thought - he did not deserve to get shot and killed for it.

The cop was not in imminent danger. He was not dragged. He was not hurt in any way. He overreacted and I don't think a person who is prone to overreacting like that needs to be out on the street armed with a gun and the power to pull people over. Obviously. Since he killed someone who did not deserve to die that day.
And even to add to this if people want top say okay he was going to pull off, the point and probably a big chunk of why he got charged is the cop LIED and tried to cover it up. He said he was dragged down the street, he said his hand was stuck the car and he said the suspect drove down the street.

Lucky for the cameras and the good cop who said he didnt get dragged at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events