Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 09:21 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,273,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Where's the sound on that video? The shot is HEARD after he's on the ground and car has taken off. But that would mess up the storyline!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
YOU post the video where the gunshot is heard after the cop is on the ground. You said it happened that way so put your money where your mouth is and prove it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-hcWCg-Whk

1:55-1:56 mark.

Now what's the excuse?
Still waiting. . .

Old 07-31-2015, 09:54 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,241,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Ever consider that he was trying to get him out of the car to do a roadside sobriety test?

I would say it was a tag stop, then a no license charge, followed by a fleeing charge........gunshot ended all that!

There is nothing for me to consider. I'm going strictly by what took place in the video. The cop said he pulled him over for a front missing tag, we he told him the tag was in the glove box and he'd get it out, the cop told him not to get it out. He asked for his license. He said he didn't have it but told the office to run his name. The office would not run his name but then asked him if his license was suspended and told DuBose to just admit to him that his license was suspended. He said his license wasn't suspended, he just didn't have it on him. During all this the officer notices the bottle of alcohol in the car, asks him what it is then takes it from him.

The bottle WAS NOT open and not one time did the office mention that he suspected that he was driving drunk or that he smelled alcohol on him. The officer NEVER said once that he wants him to get out of the car to do a sobriety test. He tried to get him out of the car by force. It is clear in the video Dubose's hands were up and the officer grabbed him and shot him in the head simultaneously. It is as plain as day that the car was not in motion and did not move until after he was shot. The officer was not running along side the car at all when he shot him. He simply grabbed him and shot him point blank.

So I guess the next time you get pulled over, you deserve to get shot in the head, huh?

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 07-31-2015 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 PM

51,284 posts, read 24,726,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Just like principals cover up for teachers who molest children.
And if they do, they should go to jail, too.

Now, would you like to tell us what you do for a living so we can take cheap shots at you, as well?

Old 07-31-2015, 11:19 PM

755 posts, read 678,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And if they do, they should go to jail, too.

Now, would you like to tell us what you do for a living so we can take cheap shots at you, as well?
And they do, if it happens, it is a class 8 felony.

The guy who got shot was wrong. I am totally on the side of the police officer.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:44 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,104,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
There was a new video release showing the other two officers concocting their story before the Real Police showed up. There is even a point in the video when one of the campus cops picked up Tensing's flashlight only to be called out for what essentially amounted to tampering with the crime scene. Both have been suspended for lying.
Actually you are incorrect
University police officers are real officers ... go to real academies ... get same state standards as "real police". Their experience levels may be different.. the population they serve may be different... ie college focused... but they are real police. Some university departments are highly trained and professional... some have minimal skill sets and training beyond basic... it is like many aspects of life where you get what you are willing to fund
The officers are on paid leave while the shooting review is conducted. This is very different than being suspended without pay pending criminal charges.
Neither officer backed up tensings story. At scene one mentions on tape ... "yea" in reference to tensings account of being dragged. Even picking up his flashlight was at the time an almost unconscious reaction to stress as an officers equipment is almost part of their body... you want to make it nefarious... I see it as stupid
The District Attorney has already stated he is not charging and has already submitted both of them them to grand jury... why?... because he already knows they will be testifying against tensing.... AND they did nothing criminal.... if there was purposeful tampering with the scene he would have charged them in a second ... if they were lying... not mistaken.. but lying in their supplemental reports he would have charged them in a second... we see the DA has no problem charging a police officer who grossly exceeded legal authority... in his opinion...in the use of force .

A District Attorney is a politician... elected.. they are not beholden to law enforcement... they want to be reelected.
It appears from your point of view and posts that police always lie and are always wrong
You are grossly in error

Last edited by notmeofficer; 08-01-2015 at 06:40 AM..

Old 08-01-2015, 06:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,073,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
We had few cases in Miami over the years where the police officer or officers in question fatally shot someone over non-violent crimes, typically auto-theft, but the justification provided being the suspect was driving in the direction of the officer while attempting to flee and so a threat to the officer's life. One instance and the resulting acquittal of the officer sparked the Overtown Riots in 1989. The suspects were on a motorcycle and fleeing from a traffic stop. The officer could have stepped out of the way as they were being pursued by cruiser. But he did not. Bang. You're Dead. A police officer does not have to retreat and so that is the issue. I see it as similar here. A person can be in fear of great bodily harm if holding onto a driver, vehicle etc and the vehicle begins to accelerate. Anything over 8-10mph and you are literally off your feet.[not wearing gym shorts and running shoes so the speed is less]
Shooting at the driver of a moving vehicle is never justifiable homicide. Yes, I know that cops do it and get away with it, but they shouldn't. If you are armed and someone is trying to run over you, your only reasonable option to save yourself is to get out of the path of the vehicle. Shooting the driver is not an option. Because 1. shooting at a moving vehicle is difficult at best and 2. even if you shoot and kill the driver, it doesn't stop the car. So if you are actually in danger of getting run over, and you shoot the driver, you will still get hit. So not only are you endangering yourself by doing it, but you endanger anybody or anything for blocks in front of the car, who might get hit by the out of control vehicle.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Has it been established when he was shot? I don't think so. It's still a question of debate whether it was before the cop hit the ground or after. But I'm pretty sure the car wasn't turned on after he was shot...

He has been charged with murder. It's a safe bet that it's been established.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:53 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,104,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Shooting at the driver of a moving vehicle is never justifiable homicide. Yes, I know that cops do it and get away with it, but they shouldn't. If you are armed and someone is trying to run over you, your only reasonable option to save yourself is to get out of the path of the vehicle. Shooting the driver is not an option. Because 1. shooting at a moving vehicle is difficult at best and 2. even if you shoot and kill the driver, it doesn't stop the car. So if you are actually in danger of getting run over, and you shoot the driver, you will still get hit. So not only are you endangering yourself by doing it, but you endanger anybody or anything for blocks in front of the car, who might get hit by the out of control vehicle.
You are wrong.. again..as usual
There is policy about shooting at moving vehicles
There is law about deadly force

The words always and never aren't accurate in dealing with human beings.... trying to get out of the way ..trying not to get yourself in a position of disadvantage... all good in theory ...and good to practice...
However the ten pound gorilla in the room is always the person behind the wheel using their 4000 pound steel bullet as a weapon... some get scared.. some have evil intent ... in the one second or less you can react its fun trying to figure out which

Let's have you get struck by cars a couple of times by suspects without faukt kn your lart other than doing your job and see how that works out

Ding-a-ling comes to mind

Old 08-01-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What do you know about the situation with the 17 year old girl? Have you watched the video of her shooting? If not, watch it and then get back with me and tell me if you still think her shooting was justified. Watch the whole 20 minutes of it and get back with me.
I actually think that girl could have probably been disarmed pretty easy. But she was armed, and she was attacking the LEOs. This guy was not armed, and not attacking anyone. Big difference.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You are wrong.. again..as usual
There is policy about shooting at moving vehicles
There is law about deadly force

The words always and never aren't accurate in dealing with human beings.... trying to get out of the way ..trying not to get yourself in a position of disadvantage... all good in theory ...and good to practice...
However the ten pound gorilla in the room is always the person behind the wheel using their 4000 pound steel bullet as a weapon... some get scared.. some have evil intent ... in the one second or less you can react its fun trying to figure out which

Let's have you get struck by cars a couple of times by suspects without faukt kn your lart other than doing your job and see how that works out

Ding-a-ling comes to mind
I would suggest you get in the loop. Police departments all over the country are changing policies and prohibiting officers from shooting at moving vehicles for the reasons I outlined. Your not knowing this stuff is starting to make me doubt you are really a police officer.

Quote:
DENVER POLICE DEPARTMENT
OMS 105.05 – Discharge of Firearms

a. Firearms shall not be discharged at a moving or fleeing vehicle unless deadly force is being used against the police officer or another person present by means other than the moving vehicle.
b. Officers shall exercise good judgment and not move into or remain in the path of a moving vehicle. Moving into or remaining in the path of a moving vehicle, whether deliberate or inadvertent, shall not be justification for discharging a firearm at the vehicle or any occupant. An officer in the path of a vehicle shall attempt to move to a position of safety rather than discharging a firearm at the vehicle or any of the occupants.
c. Firing at moving vehicles is prohibited for the following reasons:
1. Firing at a moving vehicle may have very little impact on stopping the vehicle.
2. Disabling the driver may result in an uncontrolled vehicle, and the likelihood of injury to occupants of the vehicle (who may not be involved in the crime) may be increased when the vehicle is either out of control or shots are fired into the passenger compartment.
DENVER POLICE DEPARTMENT
OMS 105.05 – Discharge of Firearms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events