Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 09:32 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,672,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
So I guess I'm the only one in the country seeing this on the video, but I see the cop reaching inside the car for the keys AFTER the driver turns on the ignition (which he also wasn't supposed to do). Then the driver guns the accelerator, and we see the the cop-cam footage pointing up at the sky and -- for five frames -- MOVING (meaning he was being dragged or at least was thrown to the ground and skidded and thus had good reason to THINK he was being dragged or could be run over), and then the cop -- now on the ground some distance from where he started -- crouching and firing one round TOWARD THE SPEEDING, FLEEING CAR - now also some distance from the cop - and, as luck would have it for both, that one shot happened to hit the guy squarely in the head and kill him instantly.

Except for a few rabid racists, yes, I believe you are very much in the minority in what you believe you saw in the video.

You didn't see the cop's left hand grabbing the driver's seatbelt?

You didn't see that the car was not moving at all when the driver was shot?

You didn't see the driver's hands in the air before being shot?

The driver was already dead when the car started moving. Dead men can't flee.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Looks like a righteous shoot to me.

Lesson to be learned: Don't drive drunk with a suspended license and no FRA.
Did you get the toxicology report from the ME already?!?!?

Do share...

Old 07-31-2015, 09:47 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,424,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You seemed to have missed the part of the video where the driver starts the car and attempts to take off? Is that not aggressive?
The vehicle did not move until the driver was shot, please find one of the many links to the slow motion video of the body cam that are posted in this thread and watch it.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:50 AM

42,876 posts, read 26,424,218 times
Quote:
People are gonna see only what they want to see here. Hope they can find one objective expert in all the land so justice is served.
Seems that in this thread it's only you and your lyin' eyes who can't see what happened

Old 07-31-2015, 10:02 AM

22,107 posts, read 13,123,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Watch the video again. The driver's hands were up and the officer was pulling on his shirt as he drew his gun and shot him in the head. The car didn't move until after the officer shot him then crashed into a pole because the driver was already dead when the car started moving and veered off.

Since when does have a missing plate and no license on hand warrant a shot in the head?
How did a STOPPED car magically drive into a pole unless the driver turned it on and put it in gear first?

Old 07-31-2015, 10:04 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,054,501 times
Quote:
He should've sent a guy driving around with no license and a gin bottle merrily on his way? What if the car were stolen and the guy went on to kill someone (or just had)? Then, surprise, the cop would be in the wrong again! Talk about a thankless job. He may be guilty of manslaughter, but not "murder." I'd plead not guilty, too.
1. There is no law against having a bottle of gin in your car. 2. Do you understand that they run the license plate number before they even approach the car? So he would already know if the car was stolen or not. 3. He invited the cop to check to see if he had a valid drivers license. But the cop didn't seem interested in doing that.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:05 AM

22,107 posts, read 13,123,011 times
"He invited the cop to check to see if he had a valid drivers license. But the cop didn't seem interested in doing that."

That was generous of him (eye roll).

Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 AM

698 posts, read 589,736 times
Quote:
So I guess I'm the only one in the country seeing this on the video, but I see the cop reaching inside the car for the keys AFTER the driver turns on the ignition (which he also wasn't supposed to do). Then the driver guns the accelerator, and we see the the cop-cam footage pointing up at the sky and -- for five frames -- MOVING (meaning he was being dragged or at least was thrown to the ground and skidded and thus had good reason to THINK he was being dragged or could be run over), and then the cop -- now on the ground some distance from where he started -- crouching and firing one round TOWARD THE SPEEDING, FLEEING CAR - now also some distance from the cop - and, as luck would have it for both, that one shot happened to hit the guy squarely in the head and kill him instantly.

I'm sure the victim was an angel, which is why he was fleeing the scene (eye roll).

I also see a city rampant with black-on-black (and white) crime trying to avoid a race riot - ala Ferguson or Baltimore - by throwing this cop under the bus. Or rather under the speeding, fleeing car, as the case may be. His defense attorney is supposed to be all that, but I'm not impressed so far.

And, with both the bulldog DA and the press -- even the conservative press -- refusing to see what's in front of their eyes (the shot was NOT fired before the sky images appeared), this poor cop is just toast.

Say it with me: COP LIVES MATTER!
You have got to be kidding me with this crap. I guess some apologists will see anything they want to believe. Do you think the bullet just miraculously passed through the open drivers side window curved and then hit the driver in the head as the cop is crouched down and firing at an angle from behind and below the driver? The driver was dead before the car even moved.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:22 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,975,309 times
Quote:
Don't forget the gin.
Have you ever actually seen yellow gin? The liguid in the bottle was yellow and the bottle appeared unopened. DuBose said it was air freshener and that is possible.

Fill a measuring cup with

1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup white alcohol (gin or vodka is good for this)
20 drops total of your favourite essential oil, or blend of a couple you like.
(these would provide the coloring as well as a citrus scent).
Attached Thumbnails
University of Cincinnati Police Officer Indicted for murder of motorist-barton_gin.jpg  

Old 07-31-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Need more proof, here's some info and a video on an earlier car stop by Officer Tensing:
Ray Tensing: Passenger from another stop says ex-UC officer shouldn't have questioned him - Story
Wow, I just watched the entire video.

Seems his modus operandi is the same...keep asking harassing questions hoping someone looses their cool and does something he can arrest or shoot them for.

Same thing happened with Bland's stop. "put the cigarette out"; "get out of the car"...

All with no reason or explanation of why they are being detained or arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.