Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 06:27 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,876,297 times

Advertisements

Actually I have been in a situation where a suspect was attempting to drive off and I was holding the steering wheel and driver similar to the video. Later I realized I could have been dragged under the car and suffered injuries from fractured low limbs to a spinal injury. I suppose the police officer shot the fellow the moment he felt he was losing control of the situation and beginning to be dragged.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:07 AM

22,150 posts, read 13,206,583 times
So I guess I'm the only one in the country seeing this on the video, but I see the cop reaching inside the car for the keys AFTER the driver turns on the ignition (which he also wasn't supposed to do). Then the driver guns the accelerator, and we see the the cop-cam footage pointing up at the sky and -- for five frames -- MOVING (meaning he was being dragged or at least was thrown to the ground and skidded and thus had good reason to THINK he was being dragged or could be run over), and then the cop -- now on the ground some distance from where he started -- crouching and firing one round TOWARD THE SPEEDING, FLEEING CAR - now also some distance from the cop - and, as luck would have it for both, that one shot happened to hit the guy squarely in the head and kill him instantly.

I'm sure the victim was an angel, which is why he was fleeing the scene (eye roll).

I also see a city rampant with black-on-black (and white) crime trying to avoid a race riot - ala Ferguson or Baltimore - by throwing this cop under the bus. Or rather under the speeding, fleeing car, as the case may be. His defense attorney is supposed to be all that, but I'm not impressed so far.

And, with both the bulldog DA and the press -- even the conservative press -- refusing to see what's in front of their eyes (the shot was NOT fired before the sky images appeared), this poor cop is just toast.

Say it with me: COP LIVES MATTER!

Old 07-31-2015, 07:17 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,069,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Schroeder View Post
Cops don't serve the public, though. They serve themselves. They've had that part figured out since the wild west days.
That is probably true for a few but...
when my grandson stopped breathing and they arrived in about one minute they were serving the public.
The time a truck was on fire and the officer pulled the driver out they were serving the public.
I could on and on and fill pages of everyday stories like this.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:19 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,069,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
So I guess I'm the only one in the country seeing this on the video, but I see the cop reaching inside the car for the keys AFTER the driver turns on the ignition (which he also wasn't supposed to do). Then the driver guns the accelerator, and we see the the cop-cam footage pointing up at the sky and -- for five frames -- MOVING (meaning he was being dragged or at least was thrown to the ground and skidded and thus had good reason to THINK he was being dragged or could be run over), and then the cop -- now on the ground some distance from where he started -- crouching and firing one round TOWARD THE SPEEDING, FLEEING CAR - now also some distance from the cop - and, as luck would have it for both, that one shot happened to hit the guy squarely in the head and kill him instantly.

I'm sure the victim was an angel, which is why he was fleeing the scene (eye roll).

I also see a city rampant with black-on-black (and white) crime trying to avoid a race riot - ala Ferguson or Baltimore - by throwing this cop under the bus. Or rather under the speeding, fleeing car, as the case may be. His defense attorney is supposed to be all that, but I'm not impressed so far.

And, with both the bulldog DA and the press -- even the conservative press -- refusing to see what's in front of their eyes (the shot was NOT fired before the sky images appeared), this poor cop is just toast.

Say it with me: COP LIVES MATTER!
I don't think the shot was fired from when he was on the ground. I think it was fired quickly after the car started moving.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Surely he didn't deserve a head shot but he wasn't exactly making the situation any better (no tag, no license, suspended licence, resisting getting out of the car, starting the car and taking off)......Clearly the driver escalated the stop from a ticket situation to probably an arrest (fleeing).

This wasn't an alter boy on the way to church....
Don't forget the gin.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:40 AM

QUOTE: "The driver still had his seatbelt on, as a matter of fact, he was in the process of removing his seatbelt seconds before the shooting."

Actually, he was in the process of putting the car in "drive" and taking off (with his seat belt still on). Cop asked him repeatedly to remove his belt, and he was clearly in no hurry to comply. NG kept looping it over and over so you couldn't tell WHAT the heck was going on and, as usual, reached her conclusion prematurely and then put her unique spin on the matter, but she IS wildly entertaining!

Last edited by otterhere; 07-31-2015 at 07:50 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 07:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,241,022 times
Looks like a righteous shoot to me.

Lesson to be learned: Don't drive drunk with a suspended license and no FRA.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:53 AM

7,581 posts, read 5,354,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
in the end, I don't believe the first cop is a murderer, he's human. First he's probably afraid that black guy at the wheel is going to shoot him or run him over.
How do you get shot from a car driving away or run over by the same care when you are standing on the side of it. Are old Hondas have an option for lateral movement? If they do it would be nice to know because it would come in handy while parallel parking.

Quote:
Why do black people always want to run from officers?
"Why do black people always want to run from officers?"

Seriously?!?

White people don't run from the police?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I don't think the shot was fired from when he was on the ground. I think it was fired quickly after the car started moving.
Listen again. You can hear it after he rights himself after lying on the ground, you can see him raising his gun, and the other cop-cam shows him crouching and firing in the general direction of the fleeing car (the back fender is visible, and neither car nor cop are where they started). Only ONE shot was fired. Manslaughter, maybe (was he justified in shooting? not sure of the law there), but NO WAY murder.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:57 AM

7,581 posts, read 5,354,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Actually I have been in a situation where a suspect was attempting to drive off and I was holding the steering wheel and driver similar to the video.
I've always been curious as to how shooting the driver will stop a moving car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events