Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 11:20 PM

557 posts, read 739,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think the solution most of these problem is to reduce the number of unnecessary police patrols. I've posted about seeing an increase in the amount of police pulling over people for minor traffic infractions. I'm not talking about speeding, just simple moving violations that are completely harmless.

When I was pulled over a year ago, I ask the officer what I did wrong in a very civil manner and he just barked back at me and say "you know that you can turn that way and that's exactly what you did."

He didn't need to speak in that way to me, all he needed to do was tell me the violation and issue the summons but we have cops today that all feels they are above everybody and applies that mentality to everyone. They need to remember who they serve, not themselves.

If patrols are reduced, it minimizes the amount of unnecessary confrontations and high speed chases. A lot of innocent people died as a result of car chases for simple violations.

So if we reduce these patrols and a drunk driver or a thug with no license like this animal runs over you or your children fleeing police , would that be okay? Thugs drive around with no driver licenses and dope and guns in their cars, most of these criminals are caught by traffic stops. The Oklohoma City Bomber (a white dude by chance) was stopped for a broken taillight and arrested for a suspended license, well guess who he turned out to be. We have to increase these stops to get these thugs off the street, unless a certain group is now immune from traffic laws and listening to police officers instructions. This thug was up to no good he had multiple police contacts and baby mommas, sounds like a thug to me. He was obviously up to no good if he wanted to take off. But if he ran over a young black child fleeing from police I wonder if black lives would still matter

Old 07-30-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Kathryn, I agree with you.

I've had a couple of experiences with cops that I thought were "dumb", but not abusive or dangerous. But I have begun to think more and more -- as a White citizen -- of all the risks involved in even a simple traffic stop.

One time I made the mistake of getting out of the car when the cop pulled me over. I didn't know any better. I thought that's what I was supposed to do...and sometimes in videos you see them order people out of the car. He started screaming to get back in the car, fortunately without pulling his gun. So I did. Misunderstanding.

Another time I was asked for my license and registration. I had my wallet in the console next to the driver's eat. Yelled at again, this time for getting what was asked for.

What about people who keep their registration in the glove compartment?

What about people who keep it in the visor?

Sometimes, depending on where I am, I might put my wallet in the door valet.

I haven't been pulled over for a traffic violation in 7 years now, but if I were I would be afraid of the cop. Too unpredictable. Too many cops out there afraid of their own shadow. And too many who see themselves somehow above the law. When I was a kid I was raised with the motto that "the policeman is your friend". I don't believe that crap anymore.

And here's what bothers me most of all -- the more they become distrusted by the community, the more they hunker down and do the same stuff over and over. They are drowning in a vicious circle they have often created by themselves.

Kind of funny I say the same thing about teachers and educators now a days , so far six of them have been arrested for sexually abusing children. If you replaced teachers with computers and iPads you would not have these issues and save millions on over bloated school budgets and administrators salaries

Last edited by Phxrider; 07-30-2015 at 11:47 PM..

Old 07-30-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
At his arraignment the cop entered a not guilty plea and said he "feared for his life." This is the mantra of these bad cops. Now can a citizen adopt the same? I bet they are a lot of people in this country who are afraid of cops. Whenever I see one, negative images pop up in my mind of all the bad things a cop can do... and later get away with it, video or no video.

More people are afraid of thugs especially the ones in Baltimore who murdered 40 people last month.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Cops run the plates before they even get out of their car. If the car was stolen, that would be known already.

As for the rest of your post; make-believe is for kids, remember that!

Fine, let him plead not guilty. He's going to get a much longer sentence.

Why would it be known, so if the thug just broke into the car around the block and got stopped two blocks away or just robbed a grocery store , would the cops crystal ball tell him.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The driver was probably running through his head all of the blacks who got pulled out of cars and ended up dead.

And he was right, wasn't he?
Or maybe saying he can I get away with this for the 76th time or where can I hide my weapons or drugs or will one of my baby mommas come bail me out

Old 07-30-2015, 11:47 PM

42,885 posts, read 26,490,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Why would it be known, so if the thug just broke into the car around the block and got stopped two blocks away or just robbed a grocery store , would the cops crystal ball tell him.
well..maybe because cops have things called radios in their cars and they can hear what other police activity is taking place duh

Old 07-31-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
well..maybe because cops have things called radios in their cars and they can hear what other police activity is taking place duh
So if the crime just happened and it wasn't reported yet, a crystal ball would come on and tell the cops what happened. These are why cops check suspicious vehicles and criminals to catch people like this thug in the act.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What is the point of this? Personally I'm sick of your dog whistle racism take it to stormfront, please
He had multiple baby mommas and 75 police contacts. Nothing racist about that, just the facts.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:46 AM

15,567 posts, read 10,578,717 times
It looks like the guy may have been taking off, but I certainly didn't see the cop being dragged. From what I could tell, the shooting appears totally unjustified. That's what juries are for though, they will weigh all the evidence.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:51 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,779,168 times
Cue the racists.... Those that try so hard to bash a whole group of people, prob are hiding their own crimes and thuggish behavior? Meth addicted bank robber maybe? Nice suburban family guy who robs pharmacy? Idk man. You trying way tooooo hard to be Dylan roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events