Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 04:30 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,254,704 times

Advertisements

The left's latest form of acceptable behavior?

I’m a pedophile, but not a monster - Salon.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 04:40 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post

Salon will promote anything that's perverse, vile, and insane as though it should be the new social norm. It's the perfect Progressive magazine.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:50 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,277 times
Once pedophilia is paraded out as "normal" - even by a far left rag like Salon - the idea will eventually gain traction and it will be promoted as normal and acceptable and "rights" will be demanded. Look what happened with homosexuality. A couple of decades ago it was still in the closet as a sexual deviancy and now millions of people have proudly announced their same sex attraction. The same thing will happen with pedophilia. Just give it time.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:57 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Well, okay, I just skimmed the essay. Here's a guy who admits to being attracted to children and that he's never acted on that fact. So, what do we, as a society, do with him? Lock him up? He hasn't committed a crime. Perhaps being open about his sexual urges can help other people like him, rather than forcing them into the shadows where they're more likely to actually hurt people.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-23-2015 at 05:16 PM..

Old 09-23-2015, 05:06 PM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I wouldn't describe this as "giving pedophilia a pass". I wouldn't want to trade places with a pedophile (or a homosexual), but I have sympathy for someone who was born that way or became so as a result of a traumatic experience. The key is that they don't carry out their desires. By admitting who they are and being able to discuss it is probably the best way to cope with it.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:15 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
And so it begins.... He sounds so reasonable, so rational. Just a nice guy trying to do right who can't help how he feels.

The playbook has been studied quite effectively.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:33 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Once pedophilia is paraded out as "normal" - even by a far left rag like Salon - the idea will eventually gain traction and it will be promoted as normal and acceptable and "rights" will be demanded. Look what happened with homosexuality. A couple of decades ago it was still in the closet as a sexual deviancy and now millions of people have proudly announced their same sex attraction. The same thing will happen with pedophilia. Just give it time.
It won't happen you're wrong your opposition to homosexuality is affecting your critical thinking skills. Pedaphilia will never be accepted. Everyone that I know that is accepting of equal rights and tolerance for homosexual relationships is hostile towards pedaphiles and sexual offenders those with records are viewed as outcasts, in smaller towns people keep tabs on them don't kid yourself they are tolerated from afar at best by most people and viewed with extreme suspicion.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:34 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post

Oh yes, Salon absolutely speaks for everyone on the left and all liberals. It's our guidebook. Our bible.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And so it begins.... He sounds so reasonable, so rational. Just a nice guy trying to do right who can't help how he feels.
But here's the problem with your thinly veiled statement.

Reasonable, rational, arrived at this sexuality "naturally" really doesn't matter because the object of his desires are incapable of being reasonable, or rational when it comes to sexual acts with adults. So before we go down the slippery slope, remember the absolute unmovable red line for permissible sexual acts, they must be acts between consensual adults.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It won't happen you're wrong your opposition to homosexuality is affecting your critical thinking skills. Pedaphilia will never be accepted. Everyone that I know that is accepting of equal rights and tolerance for homosexual relationships is hostile towards pedaphiles and sexual offenders those with records are viewed as outcasts, in smaller towns people keep tabs on them don't kid yourself they are tolerated from afar at best by most people and viewed with extreme suspicion.
You ASSUME that because I state a fact--that homosexuality was considered to be a sexual deviancy just a few decades ago--that I am in opposition to homosexuality. You could not be more off base and it isn't MY "critical thinking skills" that are out of kilter. (Take a look at your own.) Salon, by publishing an article by someone who admits to being sexually aroused by children (but who denies ever having acted on his impulses), is presenting pedophilia in a manner designed to evoke sympathy for this deviancy. I can pity such a person afflicted in this way and if he really has never given in to the impulse I can even admire his self-control. "Sympathy" for the pedophile? No. Nevertheless, Salon has taken the first step in "normalizing" pedophilia. It will take a few decades but come it will. Bet the farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events