Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:36 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why are you yelling? You're the one who accused me of lying when I didn't.
You are implying I am apologetic towards the jail when my post stated otherwise. Yes, your title was a lie even if you copied it from the link. They lied as well.

The case carries as much weight even if people are truthful in claims of wrongdoing on the jail's part.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:40 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You are implying I am apologetic towards the jail when my post stated otherwise. Yes, your title was a lie even if you copied it from the link. They lied as well.

The case carries as much weight even if people are truthful in claims of wrongdoing on the jail's part.
*I* did not lie.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:47 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,301,312 times
In other news Burger King is coming out with a Halloween Whopper!!! Yummy!! Tragic that he died the way he did. You have to wonder what the jail protocol was for a addicted prisoner. How many times was he seen by medical personnel. Why was he denied medication? All questions that the Sheriffs office must answer.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:48 AM

Lastly the County is saying that they wont settle and will take it to trial. I wonder what is not being reported?

Old 09-26-2015, 10:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
I think this was awful and I can't see how there could be any excuse for it. None.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:53 AM

I am a happily retired member of law enforcement. Yes I have sympathy for the prisoner. Pretty terrible thing. Again like I stated before I think there is more to the story than is being reported. The county says no settlement and will take it to trial. That may be posturing or there may be a lot more that we are not hearing

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-26-2015 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Old 09-26-2015, 11:00 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
This is SO wrong, so sad, and so unforgivable, but the fact remains that if he had been a responsible adult, this would not have happened.

I feel much sorrier for nursing home patients who die from neglect or for children who die in wars or because of a drive-by shooting than I do for people like Mr. Stocjevski.

(But, to be clear, I am not excusing the guards or anyone who should have been responsible for seeing to his welfare. They failed to do their job, and they should be punished for it.)
Yeah, this post makes no sense.

I've come to the realization that on C-D, it doesn't matter what happens, there will always be a contingent of posters who will say, "Yeah, but" and justify/defend anything.

Well, until it happens to them or a loved one.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:52 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,291 times
Gawd that was awful and never should have happened. How could these people just watch him die? The nurse put in her report that he needed to be placed in detox, why didn't that happen? He was trying to get off drugs it seems.

That being said, his parents didn't visit him and now most likely will receive millions. His parents didn't pay his fine, but will become rich. That leaves a sour taste. They can afford an attorney to sue, but couldn't afford $700+. They couldn't take the time to visit their son and see he was suffering, and stop this from happening. If the victim had children and THEY received money, I'd be ok with that. His parents don't deserve a dime imo.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,381,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Gawd that was awful and never should have happened. How could these people just watch him die? The nurse put in her report that he needed to be placed in detox, why didn't that happen? He was trying to get off drugs it seems.

That being said, his parents didn't visit him and now most likely will receive millions. His parents didn't pay his fine, but will become rich. That leaves a sour taste. They can afford an attorney to sue, but couldn't afford $700+. They couldn't take the time to visit their son and see he was suffering, and stop this from happening. If the victim had children and THEY received money, I'd be ok with that. His parents don't deserve a dime imo.
Maybe they had already bailed him out or helped him at their expense too many times in the past. I don't know the history between the family & this guy, but neither do you. I wouldn't be too quick to judge the family, when the blame for this man's death clearly needs to be elsewhere. If the authorities have to pay out a large settlement over this, then perhaps they will clean up their act so it doesn't happen again.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:59 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Deplorable action/inaction by the jail.
Inexcusable.
Deplorable.

Strange combo of meds, though.

Going without the methadone would not kill you. Just be very uncomfortable.

Stopping a benzo like Xanax can cause seizures, but I am having a really hard time believing that he was prescribed Xanax to treat his addiction given that is like the most ridiculous choice AND klonopin on top of that?

If you were detoxing an addict, Librium or even ativan makes way more sense.

There's something fishy about all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events