Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 08:38 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
The State of Israel is the only liberal democracy in that entire region … Israel is the only dependable ally we have in that area ...
And they have done what for us? They have been telling their co-religionists in the West to stop importing Islam? They are probably behind it given their close buddy Saudi is behind it.

ISIS Explains Why 'Islamic State' Not Helping Gaza - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva
Among them, Nuseiri said that the US - seen as Israel's greatest ally - needed to be weakened politically and economically via attacks on the American mainland, as well as US interests in Muslim countries. Additionally, the existing "Islamic State" needed to expand its borders to cover all of "Greater Syria" (which would include Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and possibly Gaza); such a state, he said, would then be in a position for a direct confrontation with Israel.

They are only too happy to let "us" bare the brunt of it while continuing to suck 3 billion a year while they do nothing. At best they are baiting it to become enough of a threat to allow Israel to expand its borders. At worst Islam is an authoritarian tool used to undermine every nation state but their own. I consider Israel the worst of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 08:40 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I don't quite understand. Why didn't anyone shoot back? Thousands and thousands of people and not one pulling their conceal? What's wrong with people. Fight back.
I've thought this as well, but I can think of two reasons it would be hard. One, if you are not a terrorist wacko you CARE about hitting innocent people. Two, if it would bring attention your way the minute you fired your weapon. Those around you would then be in the range of fire. In other words you'd have to be willing to die doing it, and so would everyone around you. It would only work if all had weapons or you could get them all in one shot.
Being around a lot of private gun owners, I know that would be a tough call. It's not a one on one situation.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:42 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Um, no. It is not called the Freedom Tower. That was a name a NY governor tagged on it for his political purposes and it was dumped around 2008, when One WTC was still under construction. It is now open and occupied. Four WTC is also completed and occupied. Three WTC is close to completion. Two was just redesigned but construction has not yet begun.

The PATH station is the World Trade Center station. That NEVER changed.
BBM

Are you sure about that?

NYC Freedom Tower: Freedom Tower News, Updates, Images
Freedom Tower Update: As the tenth anniversary of 9/11 approaches, construction of the Freedom Tower continues to move forward. Parts of the National September 11 Memorial, which will be located elsewhere on a 16-acre site, should be finished by 2013.

Both structures have been the subject of some debate, but public perception of them is improving, and developers remain confident that their work will act as a fitting tribute to the victims of 9/11.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:42 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I don't quite understand. Why didn't anyone shoot back? Thousands and thousands of people and not one pulling their conceal? What's wrong with people. Fight back.

Its a gun free safety zone. Their police protect them. See what a good job they did?

Old 11-14-2015, 08:43 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
I wasn't "afraid of Muslims" post 9-11, and I'm not afraid of "Muslims" now, either ...
Well that's good for you but, a lot of people are and there really isn't anything you can do about it. The more this happens the more will be afraid.

More Muslims need to address this within their communities. I know several in my state new that some of their members were unstable but they themselves were afraid to do anything about it. They only admitted it after a terror attack was carried out by them.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:45 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times
Quote:
I wasn't "afraid of Muslims" post 9-11, and I'm not afraid of "Muslims" now, either ...
You live in the heartland of the most powerful country that has ever existed on this planet. Try moving to Libya or Iran and tell us in 6 months.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:46 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Are you sure about that?
NYC Freedom Tower: Freedom Tower News, Updates, Images
Freedom Tower Update: As the tenth anniversary of 9/11 approaches, construction of the Freedom Tower continues to move forward. Parts of the National September 11 Memorial, which will be located elsewhere on a 16-acre site, should be finished by 2013.

Both structures have been the subject of some debate, but public perception of them is improving, and developers remain confident that their work will act as a fitting tribute to the victims of 9/11.
... Yes we are sure about that. MQ worked in the old WTC and survived 9/11 and I believe works in the city again, and I worked in the former World Financial Center across the street all of last year. My desk overlooked the South Tower reflecting pool and I worked closely with the 9/11 Memorial. We know what we are talking about, we are New Jersey residents. It's still referred to as the Freedom Tower by the media and even area residents BUT its actual name is "One World Trade Center." It even has a big "1" on the outside near the entrance, at least one of the entrances at least, and 4 WTC has a big "4." The site will always be called the WTC and the buildings' official names be their numbers. The "Freedom Tower" is number 1, like the old North Tower was.

It's okay to still call it the "Freedom Tower," I often do, but it is true that the official name changed years ago.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:47 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,155 times
Can't people stop with their "why didn't they shot back ?" "oh my, if they had guns, nothing like this would have happened", this isn't the US here or I don't know. For Charlie Hebdo it was the same, the same comments, just please.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:48 AM

171 posts, read 142,147 times
This ISIS thing has been allowed to fester long enough. What happened in Paris is especially shocking because it shows that nobody especially in Europe is safe. Thank god the US has no territorial connections with the middle east. I wonder how many dormant but ready to go terrorist sleeper cells are there in mainland Europe already. It sends a chill down my spine when I think about it. If this was a response to the " Jihadi John " killing than GOD HELP EUROPE. It means that they can mobilize a terrorist attack of this magnitude at essentially a moment's notice anywhere in Europe.

Let that sink in for a while.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:48 AM

19,023 posts, read 27,585,087 times
128 killed
98 in hospitals with heavy conditions
6 areas of attacks

1100 military force patrolling Paris now

Francois Alland called this "war on France"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events