Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 01:49 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Dude, why? Just why?

Let this go
Very weird. It's One World Trade Center. There is no tower called "Freedom Tower".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 01:49 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
The only Muslims fighting terrorists are the militaries of totalitarian governments. They are fighting to maintain whatever control they have left. They are fighting because they are part of a small minority in those countries with wealth and a comfortable life. They are not fighting because they support the United States or any western country. They are fighting for their own personal selfish reasons. Once ISIS topples the governments, those soldiers will all be on the side of Islam fighting against us. Don't forget these terrorists were on our side once when we were helping them fight a common enemy. They are opportunists. Don't kid yourself into believing they share any of our beliefs
That's too bad then because I think that's what it would take. If we all went in to Syria together and took out ISIS then that would send a united message. If not then the divide will continue. It's really a tough call from here on out. Seeing a middle eastern person or a group of Muslims in a crowded shopping mall just won't ever be the same to these people. You just can't erase this kind of fear. It's way beyond comprehension at this point.

I don't think just calling people racists for it will cut it anymore.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:50 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Basically. He told me he was a on a student visa and moved from Iraq the previous year and his cousin who also worked at Dulles got him the job. You find out all kinds of things making small talk. I'm sure the airport knows his background it just amazed me they would give him that job. Just like it amazes me that they let Muslim women through airport security with their ninja masks on because it violates their religious freedom to make them take the mask off. We are at war with Islam and we need to start treating it that way
Keep in mind most Iraqis in the U.S. are Christian.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
The US Muslims are mostly cool but the foreign Muslims seem to mostly hate USA and western values and want to do us harm so that might be part of the reason USA is having so much anti-Islamic sentiment lately on Facebook and Twitter.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:52 PM

132 posts, read 91,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The Germans had caught a Balkan citizen in a VW Golf loaded wth semiautomatic weapons, TNT explosives, hand grenades, etc. some time ago. There was also a break-in at a military armory in France where weapons were stolen. German and French intelligence had been expecting an attack in Paris for a month. Lot of arrests in Brussels, Belgium related to people involved in the plot and people who escaped the police.

No word yet whether the hand grenades and other weapons were supplied by Purple Shovel, the US contractor in the Balkans and Belarus which was supplying same to "moderate" rebels in Syria.

U.S. contractors in Bulgaria blast were working on Syria contract: embassy | Reuters
Update on the shooting from the article below.

Quote:
Fran̤ois Molins told a news conference on Saturday that at least 129 people were killed and 352 more injured Рincluding 90 critically Рin the attacks on Friday night on the Stade de France, a city-centre concert hall and a series of packed cafes and bars.

Molins said three French nationals had been arrested in Belgium, where they all lived, in connection with the attacks, France’s deadliest since the second world war and the worst witnessed in Europe since the 2004 Madrid railway bombings.

As police worked to identify the militants, all of whom died in the attacks, Molins also confirmed that at least one of the fighters, identified by his fingerprints, was a French national from the Paris suburb of Courcouronnes. The man, born in 1985, had a criminal record and had been flagged as an extremist as early as 2010, the prosecutor said.

He also said a Syrian passport, belonging to a man born in 1990 who was not known to the French authorities, had been found lying close by the bodies of two other jihadis, who both blew themselves up in the course of their attacks.
Syrian who apparently passed through Greece as refugee was 'one of Paris killers' | World news | The Guardian

Old 11-14-2015, 01:53 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Oh, you mean like the King David Hotel?

Sure, it was a while back, but the Jews are not without blood on their hands.

Or how about Jonestown? A couple of decades back, yes, but it certainly fits the definition called for of Christians killing a lot in the name of their religion. The Branch Davidians a while later didn't kill that many.....but they weren't that "popular" either.

I'm not the one saying that Islam is the religion of peace. I am saying don't group them all together especially when some of the information says otherwise.

The point being is one has to realize who they are fighting and know enough not to needlessly make enemies out of people they aren't fighting. These approaches of painting them all bad or all one type is, at best, plain tactically stupid.
You're grasping for straws. Those killed in Jonestown were sadly misguided people who left the US for some paradise on their own free will that turned into a nightmare.

There is another poster on here bringing up OKC, funny how far you both have to go back 1995 and 1978 when since that time we have had what hundreds of attacks by Muslims.

I was in London on 9/11 and I'm Irish American. One idiot over there who had to defend Islam said well maybe the IRA did it.....LOL. The IRA by 2001 was pretty much non existent. And when has the IRA ever attacked the US.

I said "well it's not the IRA, because even the IRA isn't stupid enough to kill themselves along with their targets, there is only one group who does suicide missions".....

Old 11-14-2015, 01:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Keep in mind most Iraqis in the U.S. are Christian.
Most Muslims I know tell me they hate Jews and Israel and then when I tell them I am Jewish they freak out and stop their rhetoric I will not stand for it as a Russian Jew. We need to stop the hate.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:58 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yes. Militantly so. And since France was a major colonial power in Africa and the Middle East, it has the largest Muslim population in Europe. Islam has been a part of France for well over 100 years.
But they've had Sharia areas that French police won't even enter, right?

Old 11-14-2015, 02:00 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I have to say for someone who has claimed on here to be a survivor of the WTC attack you're rather soft on this subject.

I have a family member who was in lower Manhattan and while not at the WTC was a block away, I can't say on here what he thinks about them.

You also don't seem to get what angers people is in fact that lack of outrage by moderate Muslims. They say nothing.

The British people turned on the royal family after the death of Princess Diana? Why? Because of the silence and apathy, I remember seeing signs "Show Us You Care".

I say the same thing to the moderate Muslims "Show Us You Care".
They have. Muslims Around The World Condemn Paris Attacks Claimed By ISIS | ThinkProgress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
A murderer will often condemn when someone else murders. What else is new?

A rapist that has a family member raped sees the rape as wrong.

The home burglar despised being burglarized.

The thief hates other thieves.
Wait, so people scream for muslims to condemn the attacks & when they do, you're still not happy? Make up your mind.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:02 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Oh, and lest we forget, those Muslims who committed this barbaric act...were refugees allowed into France.

Why France? Why not us? Is it because we have an armed America behind every tree and bush...and in movie theaters and cafes? I don't know, I'm just asking.

Or is the next attack still in the works, while they wait for a huge crowd gathering? The malls and shopping centers on Black Friday? Times Square on New Years Eve?

Why not us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events