Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 02:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Ummmm...really?
I've got news for you. They're already here.
Well, what are you going to do about it? Maybe you should just start shooting anyone you believe is a muslim. Would that be the corrective action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 02:16 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, what are you going to do about it? Maybe you should just start shooting anyone you believe is a muslim. Would that be the corrective action?
Thats the problem nobody knows the Radical Muslims from the peaceful ones.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:19 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Oh, and lest we forget, those Muslims who committed this barbaric act...were refugees allowed into France.

Why France? Why not us? Is it because we have an armed America behind every tree and bush...and in movie theaters and cafes? I don't know, I'm just asking.

Or is the next attack still in the works, while they wait for a huge crowd gathering? The malls and shopping centers on Black Friday? Times Square on New Years Eve?

Why not us?
They will attack here again, sooner or later. They said they hit Paris yesterday because they are the most adulterous city and full of vice. Like murder isn't vice, but hey.

But it's expected. That's why you see National Guardsmend in train and bus stations all the time. They aren't just there for decoration.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:25 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
instead of national guard, in France we have threesomes of "soldiers"(2 men- and 1 women and one member of a minority out of the three-) ambling lazily with empty guns in hotspots. Hardly a deterrent for even a rookie terrorist as we have seen tragically yesterday.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:26 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
This is a Europe thing mostly because the vast majority of U.S Muslims are wealthy and middle class while in Europe Muslims are at the same social status as what blacks and Latinos are in the U.S. The only non wealthy middle class Muslims are the refugees from places like Somalia and other war torn region. For example I have never met a non-refugee Muslim in america who didn't live in a middle class neighborhood while it was the exact opposite where their was a 40-50% chance that the Muslim I met in the U.K lived in a middle class neighborhood.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:27 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
This is a Europe thing mostly because the vast majority of U.S Muslims are wealthy and middle class while in Europe Muslims are at the same social status as what blacks and Latinos are in the U.S. The only non wealthy middle class Muslims are the refugees from places like Somalia and other war torn region. For example I have never met a non-refugee Muslim in america who didn't live in a middle class neighborhood while it was the exact opposite where their was a 40-50% chance that the Muslim I met in the U.K lived in a middle class neighborhood.
Does not excuse acts of terror.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:29 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Thats the problem nobody knows the Radical Muslims from the peaceful ones.
No, the problem is they are all "radical" and the bleeding hearts don't want to to believe it. These are not rational people that we can just hug it out with.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're grasping for straws. Those killed in Jonestown were sadly misguided people who left the US for some paradise on their own free will that turned into a nightmare.

There is another poster on here bringing up OKC, funny how far you both have to go back 1995 and 1978 when since that time we have had what hundreds of attacks by Muslims.

I was in London on 9/11 and I'm Irish American. One idiot over there who had to defend Islam said well maybe the IRA did it.....LOL. The IRA by 2001 was pretty much non existent. And when has the IRA ever attacked the US.

I said "well it's not the IRA, because even the IRA isn't stupid enough to kill themselves along with their targets, there is only one group who does suicide missions".....
Oklahoma City was more politically motivated than anything else. McVeigh was an anti-government nut who was pissed about Ruby Ridge. Jonestown and Koresh were both cults who were really only threats to their own membership.

There is no comparison. I wish people would just stop trying to make these false equivalencies.

When those fail to convince anyone, we hear about the Crusades, colonialism and Islamaphobia being the problem. Nope.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
More ignorance. The wealthy ones are the ones funding the terrorists.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:35 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Oklahoma City was more politically motivated than anything else. McVeigh was an anti-government nut who was pissed about Ruby Ridge. Jonestown and Koresh were both cults who were really only threats to their own membership........
Well, that's the reason why I didn't mention OKC because it rather points to what I've been saying. Sure, it was partially in response to Waco but their cause was not about religion but about being anti government.

One has to be able to divide the motivational reasons and not just assume it is this or that. At best, that is wasteful of effort.

As far as Jonestown and Koresh, it was in response to his question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events