Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 03:45 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Switzerland
I do not think this is a good example. Switzerland benefitted greatly from geography, it had a time when it had some the premier troops in Europe in the middle ages, was actually successfully invaded by the French, and really was not all that neutral in WWII as they worked with the Germans.

If they had not they would have been invaded by the Germans anyhow and I am pretty sure if the Germans had won Switzerland would have been part of Germany sooner rather than later.

There just are not many countries that have what the Swiss have and also what they do not have, much worth invading for.

I am not sure of the current Swiss immigration policies but I highly doubt they are taking ANY refugees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 04:00 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I do not think this is a good example. Switzerland benefitted greatly from geography, it had a time when it had some the premier troops in Europe in the middle ages, was actually successfully invaded by the French, and really was not all that neutral in WWII as they worked with the Germans.

If they had not they would have been invaded by the Germans anyhow and I am pretty sure if the Germans had won Switzerland would have been part of Germany sooner rather than later.

There just are not many countries that have what the Swiss have and also what they do not have, much worth invading for.

I am not sure of the current Swiss immigration policies but I highly doubt they are taking ANY refugees.

Switzerland is a great example for many quack theories searching for a single example. It is easy to go where lighting stuck, but not so easy to know where it will strike.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:07 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
Never forget - Liberalism is a mental disorder. Basically, the Muslims are taking advantage of retarded/simple-minded people.
But social conservatism is totes awesome, even though it's making Ben Carson and Donald Trump dominate the Republican presidential field?

Old 11-14-2015, 04:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I am surprised the liberals Hollywood stars did not blame it on Israel and the USA. According to everyone we being Jews own Hollywood.
Your post is confusing to me. Why would Jews (or liberals) blame Israel? Hollywood used to be run by a lot of Jewish producers and directors, although Howard Hughes certainly wasn't Jewish, but now it's mostly controlled by large corporations like Disney and Sony. I realize a lot of people think Jews control all the money (I wish) and the media, but that's just a lot of hateful rhetoric spread by conspiracy theories.

Now, if you said you were surprised Jews weren't blamed by the French, then it might be a little different, since there's so much antisemitism in France and many Jewish families are leaving because they fear for their safety. Over 5,000 immigrated to Israel in 2014 after attacks on synagogues.

However, this discussion is very off-topic.

I posted another comment and deleted it, because I don't want this thread to turn into a rant about gun control. Most of the carnage was caused by suicide bombers who wore vests they detonated.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:28 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Your post is confusing to me. Why would Jews (or liberals) blame Israel? Hollywood used to be run by a lot of Jewish producers and directors, although Howard Hughes certainly wasn't Jewish, but now it's mostly controlled by large corporations like Disney and Sony. I don't know why it matters anyway. I mean, Ronald Reagan wasn't Jewish and he was a Hollywood actor who became our President. Arnold isn't Jewish and was the Gov of Calif. So what?

Now, if you said you were surprised Jews weren't blamed by the French, then it might be a little different, since there's so much antisemitism in France and many families are leaving because they fear for their safety.

However, this discussion is very off-topic.

I posted another comment and deleted it, because I don't want this thread to turn into a rant about gun control. Most of the carnage was caused by suicide bombers who wore vests they detonated.
According to these Jews this is exactly the result they are looking for.

Zionism and Anti-Semitism | True Torah Jews

Herzl wrote that Zionism offered the world a welcome “final solution of the Jewish question.†In his “Diariesâ€, page 19, Herzl stated “Anti-Semites will become our surest friends, anti-Semitic countries our allies.â€
Lots of people, including raving lunatics, want all Jews to go to Israel....by any means necessary. These are called Zionists

Unfortunately Jews are pawns in many end of the world mythologies and some people cannot wait for the new era to ushered in, even if Jews are killed in this process.

Christians helping speed return of last Ethiopian Jews - Christian In Israel - Jerusalem Post

Ask some of these Christians what they think happens next....

I cannot imagine living a life with well heeled lunatics trying to get me to say, return to Croatia, even if it means flooding my neighborhood with Serbians and Turks . However I believe this is part of what is happening.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:30 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,522,736 times
Anytime something bad happens, the PC police scour the twitter/instragram/facebook accounts of celebrities and find the one that sounds the worse. In this case,the worst wasn't all that bad, actually not bad in my opinion.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:52 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Good post. Here's a free education courtesy ol' Dad ... a racist is anyone, idea, or concept that ANY retard can and will use when they cannot defend their idiotic ideas.

El Nox
True, and Twitter has become a retarded cesspool.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
According to these Jews this is exactly the result they are looking for.

[URL="http://www.truetorahjews.org/antisemitism"]Zionism and Anti-Semitism | True Torah Jews[/URL]
I hesitate answering this. As I already wrote, these posts are off-topic, but the website you refer to is run by a group of extremists. It's sad that anyone would blame antisemitism and synagogue bombings on Jews just because they disagree with their political views. It makes me shiver because this type of sick propaganda was spread over 70 years ago.

Yes, there are some Jewish people who do not agree with Zionists, but they are not violent. Any nutcase can create a website and Facebook page. There are may people who want abortion stopped, but they do not shoot doctors or blow up clinics.

It's insulting and upsetting to know that some people actually believe Jews would attack people of their own faith and destroy places of worship just so families would pack up and move to Israel. Instead of using Google to find websites, please do some research. The founder of this so-called movement is Gilad Atzmon who is no more credible than the conspiracy theorists who believe 9/11 was an inside job or that we didn't land on the moon.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
That was the "offensive" thing he said?

He just said what is right. Silly people getting insulted over nothing...

Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
Rob Lowe said nothing wrong. Why exactly are people upset and calling him 'racist?'

Because anytime person A doesn't like what person B's says person B becomes a racist to person A. You're not allowed to have a different point of view. If you do you're a "racist". Most have no idea what a racist is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events