Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 05:43 AM

299 posts, read 187,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy has been fired amidst the apparent police cover-up. Dominoes are about to fall. They don't need your support. Just sit on the sideline and witness history take place.

“Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”
― Frederick Douglass
We already knew he was basically asked to resign. They don't have most people support.

I don't need to sit on the sideline and there is no history taking place. A police chief getting basically fired isn't history nor a major change especially in a city that has major corruption. I can see how you would think so though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 06:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Given all that's been revealed in the last few days/week I think these protesters should be encircling the police department main office and Rahm's home/office 24/7 until ALL those that participated in this coverup are justly dealt with.

I think both the Chief and the Mayor should face a full criminal investigation from a Federal Special Prosecutor outside the control of the White House and Rahm's buddy in chief.

I also think that EVERY citizen in Chicago should be pissed as hell that this happened to someone in their city NO MATTER WHAT COLOR.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. If you make it messy enough and do it consistently your voice will be heard. The fact that BLM irritates someone like you is prove that it works. Efforts to portray the movement as inflammatory or anti-white ignore the long history of racism and violence against blacks in America. Given that known fact why would what you think or say about their movement really matter? You're thoughts are nugatory.
Ding ding ding!

Old 12-02-2015, 06:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Because white hoods are so much worse than black hoods huh?
I don't know, who wears the black hoods!

Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Not sure why you don't have comprehension ability but let me try and clear that up for you, OK?

BLM...not "Black" People...Have a lot of Black friends, and have had many working for me.

If they try to Block me from going where I want, I have no problem in confronting them, just because you do.

If they resort to physical means, I have a right to protect myself, and they have a right to go to Jail and be sued.

You can watch the outcome on the News.
Does that help you out?
Bring your camera tough guy, we don't want to miss it.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Given all that's been revealed in the last few days/week I think these protesters should be encircling the police department main office and Rahm's home/office 24/7 until ALL those that participated in this coverup are justly dealt with.

I think both the Chief and the Mayor should face a full criminal investigation from a Federal Special Prosecutor outside the control of the White House and Rahm's buddy in chief.

I also think that EVERY citizen in Chicago should be pissed as hell that this happened to someone in their city NO MATTER WHAT COLOR.
The federal DOJ has been investigating this case for at least 8 months and never released the video or indicted the cop. The feds still haven't released a single bit of info about that investigation. The protestors should be at the Minnesota and D.C. FBI/DOJ office demanding the full criminal investigation of every investigator, FBI agent, prosecutor, and AG Lynch for their participation in the cover up. If the trail leads from Lynch to Obama, investigate him too.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,912,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
We already knew he was basically asked to resign. They don't have most people support.

I don't need to sit on the sideline and there is no history taking place. A police chief getting basically fired isn't history nor a major change especially in a city that has major corruption. I can see how you would think so though

You must be a comedian. A police chief receiving the boot behind a shooting is a big deal. The average cop can kill someone under the most suspicious circumstances and at most he receives a paid suspension. That is the main reason why BLM is protesting.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:32 AM

299 posts, read 187,259 times
Quote:
You must be a comedian. A police chief receiving the boot behind a shooting is a big deal. The average cop can kill someone under the most suspicious circumstances and at most he receives a paid suspension. That is the main reason why BLM is protesting.
A police chief getting the boot is nothing new in Chicago as it happens all the time. One chief is removed to put in a new one to further the mayor plans. It is not major change as you try to make it out to be.

Normal employees at regular jobs get a paid suspension until investigations are over so its not some secret thing. That is not the main reason for their protest as evidence by their tactics. If they were so worried about it, they would be protesting in those important places instead of in front of retail stores that has nothing to do with the situation

Old 12-02-2015, 09:48 AM

540 posts, read 653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You mean in the same way the BLM "activists" support lowlife thuggery, civil disobedience, drug abuse and cop killings?
BLM is not about that but if you want to believe that right wing lie go ahead.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:49 AM

540 posts, read 653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Because white hoods are so much worse than black hoods huh?
I'm not talking about neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events