Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 01:56 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Did this actually happen or is it conjecture/wishful thinking?
Read through this thread and the other, similar ones. I swear there are people on this board that seem to think that POC can't gather in large numbers peacefully w/ looting and burning every store. . Like I said, the protests were peaceful, sorry to "disappoint" the people on here hoping to prove their racist rhetoric correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 01:58 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Read through this thread and the other, similar ones. I swear there are people on this board that seem to think that POC can't gather in large numbers peacefully w/ looting and burning every store. . Like I said, the protests were peaceful, sorry to "disappoint" the people on here hoping to prove their racist rhetoric correct.
I agree with you. They do seem disappointed that their preconceived notions were not proven.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:04 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
I just read the whole thread and more people seem angry at the protestors' chosen target than anything else. I also think that protesting this particular cause in front of stores on the biggest shopping day of the year is totally irrelevant and will only make people mad. Personally, if I'm trying to go Black Friday shopping (something I don't do but let's say I did), I wouldn't be thrilled seeing protestors lining the streets. That would just be a nuisance IMHO. I would probably just roll my eyes and grumble then walk into the store. If you're mad at the cops, protest in front of the precinct. If you're mad at the city government, protest in front of City Hall or the courthouse. It reminds me of how BLM protestors blocked the Lincoln Tunnel last year... nothing like pissing off a bunch of New Yorkers and New Jerseyans trying to travel for the Thanksgiving holiday at rush hour to prove your point about racism. Yes people have the right to "peacefully" protest anywhere they wish but that doesn't make their tactics smart. It's ok if people think the target in this instance was pointless. We don't all have to agree.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Their intent was to disrupt shoppers and business on Black Friday. They wanted to disrupt the economic activity in Chicago to bring attention to police killings.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:25 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times
Quote:
I just stated I would like to see the numbers for inventory loss this week compared to the same days last year.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:28 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,278,237 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter - vulnerability was real.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:23 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Exactly. They're mad at cops, so they destroy local businesses. Makes PERFECT sense.

Just like the countless other BLM protests and riots, where they looted and burned local businesses. SO EFFECTIVE!

Isn't that what happened in Watts? In Ferguson?

El Nox

Old 11-29-2015, 05:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
They were not all peaceful and several arrests happened. Also they were blocking shoppers from entering stores. Not peaceful at all.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
They were not all peaceful and several arrests happened. Also they were blocking shoppers from entering stores. Not peaceful at all.
*blocks the door* "You can't shop because RACISM!"

Old 11-29-2015, 06:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Doesn't matter - vulnerability was real.
Of course it matters if it really happened or not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events